Search found 103 matches

by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 4:11 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

You're visibly looking for an excuse to pick a fight, and I'm just not going to indulge you on this one...and I'm certainly not going to waste any more of my time on an argument this stupid. not like that has ever stopped you before. Don't worry, Spec, your little clubhouse is all yours, now. The t...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 4:04 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

Yeah. Well, the world is a little bit bigger than the Web. Oh, I really want to roll on the floor and laugh. Or maybe I should point out that if an expression is "extreamly common" was it? that it will show up on a web search because people will use it. Which people? Not everybody goes online, and ...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 3:52 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

The error would seem to be shared by the Nevada State Legislature: yes - all of the references but one in that document say "company", the one instance of "corporation" seems to be in error. The assumption that you're making is that there is one and only one correct usage. Know what a synonym is? y...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 3:44 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

According to the IRS - Auburn and the others can fuck themselves - they are wrong too. Actually, the IRS says nothing of the sort and disclaims primary authority on the subject. I quote from the very page you link to: "A Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a relatively new business structure allowed...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 3:35 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

Here's the official link. True that some BRC-LLC papers say "corporation", but that's in error. https://esos.state.nv.us/SOSServices/AnonymousAccess/CorpSearch/CorpDetails.aspx?CorpID=23939 Now I'll go take a bath. The error would seem to be shared by the Nevada State Legislature: PROPOSED REGULATI...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 3:18 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

What I got when I googled "you're dead in my eyes" seemed to be a bunch of song lyrics. I don't think it ever got into the venacular so far that it became common. "You're dead to me", however, gave me a number of different sources often verbatim. a simple test Yeah. Well, the world is a little bit ...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 3:16 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

spectabillis wrote:
Observer wrote:[(sic) Is that some of that Postmodern irony I hear so much about?


postmodern irony is so passe, i prefer abstractionist.



Abstractionist irony?
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 3:10 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

But that being said I want no further part in this mess....Observer's taken it to a whole new level and considering the level of psychois of the target...I'm getting the hell out of Dodge because when he comes back after the long weekend I expect this to get ugly. If so, so be it, but I think you'r...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 2:53 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

Well known? Extremely well known. I've heard "you're dead to me" but only in somewhat melodramatic novels. "You're dead in my eyes" is a Yiddishism that passed into the general vernacular decades ago. It indicates a rather severe refusal to acknowledge the other person's existence, hinting that thi...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 2:40 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

Okay - now I have been known to fuck (f**k - for BBS) up once in awhile - but there is no fucking such thing as a Limited Liability Corporation - Somebody at Auburn University would disagree with you : See A Glossary of Political Economy Terms . He would be joined in his disagreement with you by so...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 2:14 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

what about people posting personal information in an attempt to intimidate or scare another person? What about moderators who take well known expressions like "you're dead in my eyes", try to pretend that they imply physical threats when they in fact do nothing of the sort, and in this way attempt ...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 2:06 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

what's the goal here? practice for a career in writing delusional based paranoid conspiracy theories This from somebody who has spend this thread bending over backward to support Rockdad, the man who completely lost it and went on the attack because Dustbuddy wasn't supportive enough of Rockdad's t...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 1:48 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

spec wrote: AntiM wrote: what's the goal here? practice for a career in writing delusional based paranoid conspiracy theories I did notice I got a reply rather than an answer. No, you got an answer. You just didn't get an answer on the terms you wanted. I might add that the idea that the individual...
by Observer
Tue May 30, 2006 1:31 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

Yes, I'm quite the meanie

My ears are burning. First I read this i realize most people here have figured out what observer/traveller is about and then this He's been gone a couple of years and now he returns. Your worst fear. Hell, Google the clues. Oh my, yes, I see what you mean. Like the time I fiendishly spoke up in supp...
by Observer
Sun May 28, 2006 10:50 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

thisisthatwhichis wrote:In a true Spirit of BurningMan......
I'm glad you were able to get that off of your chest.......
Can I offer you something? Hot Coffee.... Cold Drink?......


Dude, not now. I like the running joke you guys have set up, but I'm just not in a mood to play.
by Observer
Sun May 28, 2006 9:46 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

I thought an oldtimer would figure this out sooner or later. JD is back... I hate being seen as an oldtimer. Still, in this case I guess it might be apropos. Some of of us board denizens still have some institutional history to draw on. Hell, JD might even be Yawn. You had an argument with somebody...
by Observer
Sun May 28, 2006 8:27 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

I saw your latest sock puppet accusation, before AntiM deleted your latest target's name and e-mail address. Deleted per Rockdad's request after some discussion with him. And then reintroduced by him onto this thread, but why obsess on the facts? You've barely payed attention to them at all up to t...
by Observer
Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:24 pm
Forum: 2006 Art & Performance
Topic: A Sept 11th experiment "Trough & Beam"
Replies: 93
Views: 57824

Sockboy is right: everyone knows the 'Distress' thread is used for oblique personal attacks. No, I didn't say that said thread IS used for oblique personal attacks, which would imply that's what the thread is there for and the only reason for its existence. I said that Spectabillis decided to use i...
by Observer
Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:13 pm
Forum: 2006 Theme Camps
Topic: Distress Call
Replies: 18
Views: 10759

The facts are all up in black and white, Sensei. The only question is how many of the regulars on ePlaya will be willing to make asses of themselves trying to deny reality. Support for what I said about dynamic IPs can be found at http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid26_gci52096...
by Observer
Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:29 am
Forum: 2006 Art & Performance
Topic: A Sept 11th experiment "Trough & Beam"
Replies: 93
Views: 57824

My reply to some of this crap: here, posted in reponse to Spectabillis' decision to use a camp announcement thread as a vehicle for oblique personal attacks.
by Observer
Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:25 am
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.
Replies: 203
Views: 61893

My reply to this crap: here, posted in reponse to Spectabillis' decision to use a camp announcement thread as a vehicle for oblique personal attacks.
by Observer
Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:17 am
Forum: 2006 Theme Camps
Topic: Distress Call
Replies: 18
Views: 10759

Spectabillis goes a-trolling

Playa Name: That asshole moderator from the eplaya Other people?: I invite everyone from the eplaya, but since 90% are sock accounts thats only about four of five. Sigh. Spec, when you have a moment like this, usually I'll try to talk a little sense into you by PM, when I want to get involved at al...
by Observer
Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:36 pm
Forum: Philosophical Center
Topic: Stopburningman.org: This be a hoot!
Replies: 91
Views: 21694

This is a fairly open board, the people behind this frequently post. And thats what you get for being open to other views and criticism? Both Badger and Observer didn't deserve that. Thanks, Spec. By the way, experience in dealing with these two on their own turf has taught me the value of keeping ...
by Observer
Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:47 pm
Forum: ePlaya Feedback
Topic: Locking/Deleting Personal Attack Based Topics?
Replies: 126
Views: 80811

that could be, and its something that i or the other moderators could have overlooked. we are still behind in some ways - bringing on AntiM will help but it takes time for people to watch and learn before they jump into it. but i have to tell you, reading over Observer's post here was right on the ...
by Observer
Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:18 pm
Forum: ePlaya Feedback
Topic: Locking/Deleting Personal Attack Based Topics?
Replies: 126
Views: 80811

In other words, it ain't broke, so let's fix it. No. More like, let's fix it before it tears itself apart. Except, Hugh, you've provided no evidence whatsoever that the current ePlaya is moving in that direction. Quite the contrary, if anything the mood has been getting calmer over the last year or...
by Observer
Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:04 pm
Forum: Philosophical Center
Topic: Anthropomorphism
Replies: 30
Views: 9243

Re: Anthropomorphism

I found an injured squirrel on the road once. I picked it up and it bit me. The scar still itches sometimes. I'm glad he died. Damn evil squirrels. And the squirrels aren't alone in this !!! The dark side of cute rodentlike creatures needs to be more widely known. Thanks for speaking out, Hugh. I s...
by Observer
Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:35 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: David Best in San Rafael--every1's a critic
Replies: 61
Views: 13271

Observer, you need to observe a little closer. Once again, right back at you. If Rosa parks decided to obey "the law"...well....... You're seriously comparing the act of putting a flammable sculpture loaded with candles next to a building without the owner's consent, with Rosa Park's act of civil d...
by Observer
Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:41 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: David Best in San Rafael--every1's a critic
Replies: 61
Views: 13271

Love is an emotion too, let's have none of that in this discussion please...give me an f-in break. More or less my reaction as I read your rant, cowboyangel. In what sense does getting self-righteous at the expense of somebody who was reasonably concerned about the possible danger to her own proper...
by Observer
Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:50 pm
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: David Best in San Rafael--every1's a critic
Replies: 61
Views: 13271

I am well versed on "the facts", and I'm telling you, the piece wasn't going to burn, especially not at that site. Crikey, it was placed about ten feet from the other building. To be precise: Mr.Best had no intention of burning it. If it was, as you say, set only ten feet away from the building, th...
by Observer
Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:57 am
Forum: Philosophical Center
Topic: Refugee Camps a la George?
Replies: 32
Views: 12669

Everybody, say "hello" to the Artful Dodger . I have to say that he's looking a lot like Kinetic right now. http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/Assets/artfuldodger.jpg Now I'm being psychologically analyzed and my morals called into question by someone who only knows me through a few online posts? Puhl...

Go to advanced search