Search found 4 matches
- Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:35 pm
- Forum: Keeping Cool
- Topic: cooling your tent or van
- Replies: 4391
- Views: 1615412
Re: cooling your tent or van
Maybe this was already covered and I missed it. Any suggestions or guidance re: how to put a water level switch into the system? TIA.
- Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:25 pm
- Forum: Keeping Cool
- Topic: cooling your tent or van
- Replies: 4391
- Views: 1615412
Re: cooling your tent or van
> As long as you are using solar, any small battery will work as a "buffer" between the solar and the cooler. God, I feel soooo ignorant. Sometimes. Not always. Just now. I have no ee background beyond turning on a flashlight. So I presumed both the pump and the fan required some rated amount of pow...
- Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:48 am
- Forum: Keeping Cool
- Topic: cooling your tent or van
- Replies: 4391
- Views: 1615412
Re: cooling your tent or van
G'Day All, Trying to put something like this together to cool my tent and I have a few questions: (1) Is the battery necessary? Can I just run power output from the solar array directly to the fan and pump? It seems the battery adds significant (and maybe unnecessary) cost and complexity. While all ...
- Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:11 am
- Forum: Bikes & Transportation
- Topic: Travel trailer, cargo trailer or.....
- Replies: 293
- Views: 71486
Re: Travel trailer, cargo trailer or.....
Very cool design. Lot's of good thinking, little creeping elegance, simple. I like it.
One question: What do the guts of the evap cooler look like? Is the evap screen/mat the same profile as the fan itself? Does that work? Where is the reservoir, how does the pump work, etc? TIA.
One question: What do the guts of the evap cooler look like? Is the evap screen/mat the same profile as the fan itself? Does that work? Where is the reservoir, how does the pump work, etc? TIA.