Search found 12 matches

by Countess Curious
Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:29 pm
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

Elliot wrote:By all means pursue renting. Hope you figure it out!
Ai, thanks for thinking along with me. If i reconsider purchasing a car, ill check your posts again
by Countess Curious
Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:26 pm
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

If you're traveling from North Carolina you'll definitely want to make friends there in the Regionals link from the top right of the Burning Man home page. If it doesn't work out, travel West. Green Tortoise Adventure Travel has buses leaving from San Francisco (and you can camp with them; bring yo...
by Countess Curious
Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:21 pm
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

Nah, just mentioned it because it's the capital. It's also likely an easier city to travel from. I assume you're starting over in Charleston then? Best of luck with the planning! :coffee: Ah, that makes sense. Well not sure yet. First i've to check where i can get cheap tickets. I think i will work...
by Countess Curious
Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:05 pm
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

Hi Elliot. I was thinking about renting a car instead of buying one. I guess renting is quite expensive, but I've done some research in buying cars and it seems a lot of effort for just one or two months of traveling. Maybe its not as bad as i thought. What do you think is a reasonable price to get...
by Countess Curious
Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:18 pm
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

Fishy and Scout stop being sensible!!! Kidding.... I'm not sure what you want to see, but I'd suggest getting to Columbia (if you're not flying into there and maybe head to Raleigh or Charlotte for a couple days. From there you can take Megabus to DC. Buy tickets in advance, while they are super ch...
by Countess Curious
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:55 pm
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

When you travel do you like to see historical sites and museums? nightlife? flea markets? landscapes? go swimming? in the ocean? I think those are the questions you have to ask yourself, and then decide what places fit. Hi Fishy. Im still exploring my options. But its true that i have to choose in ...
by Countess Curious
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 pm
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

Definitely seconding 9ah's advice: Megabus + Couchsurfing = very thrifty travel in the eastern US. If you've only got three weeks, you'll really need to pick and choose. It's really easy to underestimate the size of the US - don't try to get to too many places! For east coast USA, I'd say the highl...
by Countess Curious
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:45 pm
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

Hello and welcome to ePlaya. I'm not sure if you missed the bits of the main site that talk about it, or just didn't spend much time with the search function, or if it's just because this is still very much the off-season... but there are a few different resources for working out a rideshare. First...
by Countess Curious
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:32 pm
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

... Ive to be honest to be a bit scared to drive in countries ive never been before. My american friends told me traffic in America is completely insane compared to dutch traffic, haha. And im not sure if i can afford to buy me a car, unless i could share the expenses with fellow travelers. Well, i...
by Countess Curious
Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:03 am
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

Welcome! South Carolina is an interesting start, I do love that state. Make sure to set up a CouchSurfing profile ([url]couchsurfing.com[/[url]) if you haven't already. I used it for years although I haven't been active in a while. I've only done 34 of the states so far, but if you plan on heading ...
by Countess Curious
Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:00 am
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Re: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

Hey there, Countess! Welcome to ePlaya. 40 years ago I toured the entire continental USA for three months in an old station-wagon. It was a marvelous experience. I centered my travels on my hobby-interests, and drove basically from event to event in that field. And I looked up people I had read abo...
by Countess Curious
Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:45 am
Forum: The Greeter's Station
Topic: Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie
Replies: 26
Views: 2451

Dutch hitchhiker and complete newbie

Hiii Great Bruning people :P My first post yeah B) Not sure what to tell you guys, but ill tell something bout myself. My name is Laurien. Im from Groningen,The Netherlands. I love dancing, talking, sleeping, food, my cat, aah actually i love all kinds of stuff :P Currently im studying Biology(Love ...

Go to advanced search