Search found 10033 matches

by unjonharley
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:48 am
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?
Replies: 47
Views: 4813

Re: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?

Does anybody know which sealed bearing to get for the Huffy Cranbrook? One issue I see with the huffy is that the peddle cranks seems to be 1 piece, not something that comes off? So with different (sealed) bearings, you would need different pedal cranks as well? I'd like to buy a few sets before he...
by unjonharley
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 am
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?
Replies: 47
Views: 4813

Re: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?

Would food grade/water proof grease help keep playa dust out .. I am applying this to the bike.. For winter riding in OR .. Would suggest this grease for all bikes ridden in the rain or being washed often ..
by unjonharley
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 am
Forum: Power & Electronics
Topic: How I charged my electric vehicles
Replies: 26
Views: 2392

Re: How I charged my electric vehicles

Why do people think handling gas is so difficult? It's pretty much just like water. You just pour it in. Easy. WTF. You can even buy it at the Hell Station right in BRC. I do like the fact that gas is like a high-power battery on demand. What I don't like is having to store it on playa and when it ...
by unjonharley
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:57 am
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: The Bar 2017 Edition
Replies: 812
Views: 58625

Re: The Bar 2017 Edition

ygmir wrote:and,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gaminwench!!
PLUS 1
by unjonharley
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:20 am
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?
Replies: 47
Views: 4813

Re: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?

I was doing meat ball repair to get the bikes back on the playa .. Maybe I can set up a grease injection system .. I use turkey baster injectors for this by breaking the tip off and mashing the end slightly so it injects in a narrow wide pattern. Probably will upgrade to small grease guns with need...
by unjonharley
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 am
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: Preventing Bike Theft / Finding 'Lost' Bike Ideas
Replies: 59
Views: 6418

Re: Preventing Bike Theft / Finding 'Lost' Bike Ideas

AGAIN !! Arrive at Burning Man with a lock for YOUR bike .. Stop your F' en whining and buy a lock today, for 2018 Burning Man ..
by unjonharley
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:47 am
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: 2018 Art Theme....Predictions / Suggestions
Replies: 74
Views: 5329

Re: 2018 Art Theme....Predictions / Suggestions

A salute to Bender Rodriguez .
by unjonharley
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:33 am
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?
Replies: 47
Views: 4813

Re: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?

Grease is a much better choice, or even oil. But, if it got the bike working for someone... I was doing meat ball repair to get the bikes back on the playa .. Maybe I can set up a grease injection system .. I use turkey baster injectors for this by breaking the tip off and mashing the end slightly ...
by unjonharley
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 am
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: Preventing Bike Theft / Finding 'Lost' Bike Ideas
Replies: 59
Views: 6418

Re: Preventing Bike Theft / Finding 'Lost' Bike Ideas

If your bike is stolen ? Do Not tell me .. I may not say it, but my response is,: Dumb-ass ! .. Even a small padlock on the sprocket will stop the bike from being ridden .. I'm sorry, if a key on a lanyard around your neck, will spoil your LOOK .. You should have a I. C. E. on you at all times .. In...
by unjonharley
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:45 pm
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?
Replies: 47
Views: 4813

Re: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?

Canoe wrote:Grease is a much better choice, or even oil. But, if it got the bike working for someone...
I was doing meat ball repair to get the bikes back on the playa .. Maybe I can set up a grease injection system ..
by unjonharley
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:58 am
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?
Replies: 47
Views: 4813

Re: Sealed wheel bearings for Cruisers?

I washed many many bottom brackets with WD 40 .. Now I am wondering how many returned with more trouble in the bearings ..

I hope I was not part of the bottom bracket epidemic ..
by unjonharley
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:35 am
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: Preventing Bike Theft / Finding 'Lost' Bike Ideas
Replies: 59
Views: 6418

Re: Preventing Bike Theft / Finding 'Lost' Bike Ideas

If your hands are not on "your bike" and it's not locked .. Your bike will be taken from you .. If this happens,: YOU are a dumb-ass .. If you are unable to follow a few directions, You should not go to Burning Man ..
by unjonharley
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:26 am
Forum: Bikes & Transportation
Topic: eBikes and Burners who Ride them
Replies: 61
Views: 6654

Re: eBikes and Burners who Ride them

I have a disability and very old .. I build an electric assist trike .. Using a 450 watt motor .. Top speed 8 mile per hour .. If a person is walking, they will be moving a few mile per hour .. A two wheeled bicycle requires more than five mile per hour to ride on the playa .. It is my understanding...
by unjonharley
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 am
Forum: Food & Drink
Topic: Water Proven Unnecessary at Burning Man
Replies: 11
Views: 1344

Re: Water Proven Unnecessary at Burning Man

I consumed all the water I used, about a gallon + a day .. Am planning more water per day for bath .. Spraying "settled" gray water on the ground .. i.e. Place one gallon + gray water in a bucket that has a faucet, a few inches above it's bottom .. Allow particles to settle 24 hour.. Drain particle ...
by unjonharley
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:21 am
Forum: Open Discussion
Topic: Rest In Peace
Replies: 3027
Views: 354269

Re: Rest In Peace

burner von braun wrote:Harry Dean Stanton

Image
Best character actor ..
by unjonharley
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:30 am
Forum: Philosophical Center
Topic: Next Directions for Burning Man
Replies: 83
Views: 5368

Re: Next Directions for Burning Man

Blaring three beeps or grunts for an hour is not talent .. It is a waste of time and money
by unjonharley
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:36 am
Forum: Philosophical Center
Topic: Next Directions for Burning Man
Replies: 83
Views: 5368

Re: Next Directions for Burning Man

Hoping the next big thing in music, is Talent .. My answer to when you say you are a DJ is, : OH! I'm sorry .. You have no talent ??

Music camps should be along the upper ring of the outer playa .. A couple of hundred yards apart .. The biggest one at the apex ..
by unjonharley
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 am
Forum: Stories
Topic: DPW pulls a knife on a virgin?
Replies: 51
Views: 5591

Re: DPW pulls a knife on a virgin?

If you flip the DPW off and tell them fuck you .. You have made a friend of them .. A smile at gate, wins over a grumpy face .. It's YOUR attitude that makes the difference .. TTITD is not all about you ..
by unjonharley
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:15 pm
Forum: Philosophical Center
Topic: Next Directions for Burning Man
Replies: 83
Views: 5368

Re: Next Directions for Burning Man

Admiral Fukkit wrote:I think every burner should adhere to one simple rule: show up prepared as if no one else was going to show up.
That's what Radical Self Reliance means.

Radical Inclusion means anyone who does that and has a ticket is welcome.
That would cut the pop. in half ..
by unjonharley
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:23 am
Forum: Stories
Topic: DPW pulls a knife on a virgin?
Replies: 51
Views: 5591

Re: DPW pulls a knife on a virgin?

Those nasty DPW people working their ass off to build Black Rock City .. Just so we can come and play and destroy as much of their work as possible in a week.. Then their nasty asses spend a month cleaning up after Burners trash ..
by unjonharley
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 pm
Forum: Get Involved Year-Round
Topic: Who has facts on the porta potties?
Replies: 25
Views: 3490

Re: Who has facts on the porta potties?

The only thing I can think of that might justify (potentially) the effort would be a light source, however dim, inside. Because lets face it, ravers are lucky if they can even remember to unzip. Forget "aiming". A little light, even a few candela, would go a long way to putting the piss in the pot ...
by unjonharley
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:34 am
Forum: Get Involved Year-Round
Topic: Who has facts on the porta potties?
Replies: 25
Views: 3490

Re: Who has facts on the porta potties?

? Question ? I was in formed the pots were now owns by BM org.. Is this true ??
by unjonharley
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:54 am
Forum: Get Involved Year-Round
Topic: Who has facts on the porta potties?
Replies: 25
Views: 3490

Re: Who has facts on the porta potties?

Admiral Fukkit wrote:Maybe I need glasses, but every time I see this thread I see "Who has farts on the porta potties"
This is how the Admiral tells , who's who ..
by unjonharley
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:00 pm
Forum: Get Involved Year-Round
Topic: Who has facts on the porta potties?
Replies: 25
Views: 3490

Re: Who has facts on the porta potties?

Port-a-pot info, : They were as shitty this year as all other years ..
by unjonharley
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:00 am
Forum: Stories
Topic: 2017 Exodus: Traffic, stories, etc.
Replies: 52
Views: 3931

Re: 2017 Exodus: Traffic, stories, etc.

Canoe wrote:
unjonharley wrote:... Speed limit for three axels + is 45mph ...
What? I completely missed this. Can you elaborate?
CA. HWY road signs ..
by unjonharley
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:09 pm
Forum: Stories
Topic: 2017 Exodus: Traffic, stories, etc.
Replies: 52
Views: 3931

Re: 2017 Exodus: Traffic, stories, etc.

Best drive @ 45 mph in the early morning , going north .. At 4:30 I met two coyote 5 deer and some cows, all on the pavement.. There are a lot of turn outs, to check your load and take a nap, until sunrise .. Speed limit for three axels + is 45mph .. Car with trailer is three axels .. There are also...
by unjonharley
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:03 pm
Forum: Stories
Topic: DPW pulls a knife on a virgin?
Replies: 51
Views: 5591

Re: DPW pulls a knife on a virgin?

ANON1234 wrote:This is a long thread so I did not read it all..
So some one needs a diaper change .. Move along folks nothing to see here ..
by unjonharley
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:39 pm
Forum: Stories
Topic: 2017 Exodus: Traffic, stories, etc.
Replies: 52
Views: 3931

Re: 2017 Exodus: Traffic, stories, etc.

Many off the road this year .. Those old beat up RV's can not take that "another " trip to the playa ..People need to understand ,: It is an extreme camping trip .. Not a luxury cruise .. But we are in an age of,: Run everything as hard as you can, until it dies .. Then with out any survival skills,...
by unjonharley
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:30 am
Forum: Stories
Topic: 2017 Exodus: Traffic, stories, etc.
Replies: 52
Views: 3931

Re: 2017 Exodus: Traffic, stories, etc.

There was no need for speed limit enforcement .. That was one bumpy ride
by unjonharley
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:26 am
Forum: Philosophical Center
Topic: Next Directions for Burning Man
Replies: 83
Views: 5368

Re: Next Directions for Burning Man

I opted out of seeing the burn .. That was a sad thing, to have a fire fighter go in after the person .. The knee-jerk from the default population is beyond ignorance and well into stupid ..

Go to advanced search