Fun House Maze Under the Man-a Permanent Feature?

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:30 am

fire fire fire

AntiM: Just throw your canteen of water on the smokers, put the fire out; then shove their asses out of the way. You got enough horse power to do that. :D
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:39 am

Thank you ED, I'd forgotten I can take acre of myself. Really shouldn't let some folks under my skin on this often silly little eplaya should I?

I keep putting the 2 cents in my piggybank. I'll have ticket money by January.

jimstamper

Post by jimstamper » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:17 am

Actually the maze in a stand alone format was at BM for 2 years prior to being under the man in 2005.

I loved it. It can come back as a project near the man anytime. One year they promised it for Decompression in SF but it never showed. Apparently someone realized building this thing is major work!

The first year I found the maze it had a wonderful old couch on the second story. At the beginning of the week you could sit up there and just watch the city grow.

Being time challenged I have no clue what years the old maze was there, I just know I was. or wuz I? I ? Whom am us anyhow?
Without Geometry there is no point!

Lifeisshort

Post by Lifeisshort » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:43 pm

Where is it written that you can't recreate a good thing. By recreating the more memorable exhibits participants like myself, can experience some of the "Classics" that people talk about for years. Others like the " famous burnt pianos of 1996" will never come again.

makoona

Post by makoona » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:29 pm

Somehow, in 2006, I never made it to within 200 feet of the man. How the hell did that happen? Before I knew it, he was reduced to a pile of smoldering rubble. (then of course reincarnated to little rubble man).

In 05 i spent about 15 min in the maze, and felt really good when I got out of there into the open space. I guess tight quarters aren't my thing, I'm sure I missed some cool stuff. (geometrically shaped ones, anyway). I loved the performace space windows around the outside of the base in 04. Seemed like alot of people used them. Personally, I could care less what they do with the base, or anything else at BM because if there's something that doesn't draw you in, you KNOW there will be 5 things around the corner that will! No matter what gets created, cheers to the great people and their hard work who build it.

treetiger

Dance the green man

Post by treetiger » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:50 pm

!st- (Hey Anti M...Randy man Candy here from tribe...)

2nd- It might be inappropriate to think that all Burners would have (dare I say it?) a "Pagen streak" running through their vanes... but here is an idea. Keep the big green tent, throw down some rugs, pillows,etc. Put on some soothing music and let people lounge, and nap and talk during the day.....but during the night..hehehe... Plugg in the speakers and crank up the drums!! People can gather and dance around the Man!! Green lazer lights flash patterns on the surface of the tent!!,, People throw green corn starch ( like the hindu festival of the throwing of the colors with the divine Anti M being a distant observer). GET TRIBAL WITH THE MAN!!! stobe lights and twinklers and drumbeats..oh my!! Drum circle galor. Granted; there is no maze to interact with...but maybe we can (dare I say it??) interact with each other???....oh spank me I'm soo bad.

3rd-- Another Idea is that all of this central debouchery and pagen mayhem, culminates with the great man going up in curtains of green flame!!!....after what ever performances have been enjoyed by the public.

Are any of these ideas of value? It is something different from the maze... but I guess that it makes us the art to be enjoyed instead of looking at it (which is also valid).

Your thoughts??

robotland

Post by robotland » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:38 pm

One thing that I particularly liked about the '05 Funhouse Maze was that you could hang out on the second level and watch people bumbling around below...The "circus tent" shadecloth made it very shady and pleasant in there, and the relative roominess of the observation deck made a nice counterpoint to the crowded, claustrophobic maze.
Inspired, I built an elaborate maze in the garage at Hallowe'en time from scrap materials...big fun.
I'm really hoping that Flight To Mars will return to the playa this year- THAT was a GREAT funhouse-maze!
Howdy From Kalamazoo

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:18 pm

I'm really hoping that Flight To Mars will return to the playa this year- THAT was a GREAT funhouse-maze!
I saw it for sale on e-bay a while back. I'm not sure if it sold or any details beyond that.

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:27 pm

robotland wrote:I'm really hoping that Flight To Mars will return to the playa this year - THAT was a GREAT funhouse-maze!
No maze for this year, but you're right, that was great.

I know some Martians (they're based here in the Emerald City) and they are most certainly returning for '07 and they've got big plans. As a matter of fact, they've got a big fundraiser coming up and you can bet Blyslv's $5 that I'll be there showin' the love.

treetiger

Post by treetiger » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:49 pm

Wow!! "the Emerald City" is the theme for the Utah local burn this year....cool!! Well, what ever they do, Im sure that the man will still be something special.

K-mom

Post by K-mom » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:26 pm

Didn't somebody post that Flight For Mars was up for sale on eBay? Was that a joke?
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.

bobfj40

Post by bobfj40 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:06 pm

It was on e-bay. They were selling the 2 trailers and some other things with it. I dont know if it sold.

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:58 pm

what do you guys envision the area under the Big Green Tarp will be like? It could actually be pretty interesting if it serves like a second center camp of sorts with a lot of activity and a lot of surrounding "art- trees."

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:30 pm

I agree that it could be really cool. Sometimes simple is better. Will it be the year we remember chilling out with friends under the man to get away from the city? Starfuckers has been a good place for me to do that.

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:04 am

yep, exactly what I was thinking...Starfuckers was sublime. Imagine that multiplied by 25. But hey, I really DID love that damn funhouse! Who designed the FH BTW? Anyone know? Yeah, I know: this is a deadhorse topic...

robotland

Post by robotland » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:52 am

What I'm wondering is...with an open structure like that, what exactly do they intend to BURN? Fill the whole thing with straw bales?
Howdy From Kalamazoo

actiongrl

Post by actiongrl » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Hey guys...the new design this year is about using fewer materials, for starters, in the year of the Green Man. Don't worry, the Man will still burn just fine. And as for what will be underneath, may I direct you to the invitation to participate in the Pavilion? http://burningman.com/environment/pavil ... ation.html

I think it'll be interesting to see the creative things people come up with. Already I've heard about some seriously cool stuff. Very excited for this year!

Return to “2007 Theme”