25%
I would like to watch videos, but wont be submitting
25%
I would like to watch videos, but wont be submitting
25%

Total votes: 8

Ron

Post by Ron » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:58 pm

For myself the only movies I could see myself watching at the burn are ones other burners made. I'd much rather check out what my other citizens of BRC thought I should see than what the latest commercial producer thought I should see. Not that I don't love commercial movies, I do. But for me, I wouldn't sit still long enough to watch one while in BRC and wouldn't want the intrusion of movie sensibilities onto my experience.

Anyone remember the "drive-in" from years past? Big screen TV/projector in the back of a truck towing two trailers with rising seats in each. I did hitch a ride and watch some flick for a while, while it motored through the playa.

So I'd say it would be cool to do huge video games out there. I've love to play a bit of a first person shooter against a dozen other burners in that kind of space. And watching other burners productions could also be cool. But movies released in the "real world?" Nah, not my scene while in BRC, but if it's yours go to, say I. :)

Ron

tralad

Post by tralad » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:48 pm

We had a little theatre in 2002. For the most part, people didn't want to sit still long enough to watch a movie. The biggest draw was Koyaanisqatsi, people were wandering in and out all evening for that one. I would reccommend showing lots of shorts, maybe some music videos, make it a place where people can rest for a couple of minutes before hitting the next party. It would be awesome to get homemade shorts from other burners. Or get something like "Funniest Home Videos" or "Great Car Crashes" compilations. Maybe some Fantasia. The point is that most people do not want to spend much time watching a screen when there is so much else to see and do, but they will stop by for a few minutes to check it out.

Also, PROTECT YOUR PROJECTOR FROM DUST. We tried, but it still never fully recovered...

Good luck!

Return to “2007 Theme”