Feedback on an idea for BM 2007

lizzizy

Feedback on an idea for BM 2007

Postby lizzizy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:13 pm

I know there are quite a few Portlanders and also some Reedies who frequent burning man and might be able to give me some feedback on an idea I had for this coming year. Thats not to say that everyone else shouldn't give me feedback as well...

At the end of the year at Reed, students put on something we call "Glow Opera" which is more or less a play with a somewhat negligible plot that usually tries to paradoy a movie or other well know pop culture phenomenon. The entirety of Glow Opera is done in the dark with scenery and characters illuminated by EL wire and glow sticks. It makes for a pretty neat looking show with some kinda cool special effects.

I was wondering if anyone thinks this might be the kind of thing that would go over well at BM this year. It requires that the surrounding area be pretty darn dark so suggestions as to where to camp and put the stage would be great.

The goup that would be doing it would be comprised of a few BM veterans who have been 4 or 5 times, a few of us who have been once before, and several people who have never been. Is it feasible to think that with so many first timers that we can pull off something this large?

Thanks for the input!

skeetsh00ter

Postby skeetsh00ter » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:54 pm

sounds like something i would definitely try and see. good luck!

Jamm'in

I agree

Postby Jamm'in » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:22 pm

I just imagined that and totally think that would be a neat idea. You see enough people on the playa at night, glowing,..... why not have a camp based on just "glowing light" .........Neon NightCraz!!!!

Ill be seriously interested in helping, in any way, if this camp continues to be a hit. Let me know what happens, Or feel free to email me.

Will

clairedad

El Wire Play

Postby clairedad » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:31 pm

Consider this a vote of "yes" for the El Wire Play. As somebody who did a little "play" last year, I can say that I had a great time and the audience was so enthusiastic. Might I suggest that you devise a temporary stage that you can set up out on the playa for your performance. Pick somewhere quiet(ish) that you can direct people to. My final bit of advice: MAKE IT HAPPEN!! You'll be glad that you participated and contributed something to the uniquely creative environment that is BurningMan.

Rat Bastard

Would a Lunar eclipse help your show?

Postby Rat Bastard » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:23 pm

Not sure if this is correct or not but I did hear that there is going to be a lunar eclipse during BM this year. I think there was one last year too. This info may be a year old, but it's worth checking out. Also check out the lunar rise and set times. Having your show during an eclipse would be quit impressive. Especially if you write the eclipse into your act like some charactor actually commands the moon to go away!

undeclared

Postby undeclared » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:15 pm

im creating a costume with elwire along with performing glow poi, i would be really down with helping out. i live in vancouver bc tho. but whatever i can do i will

Finnegan

Postby Finnegan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:10 pm

This seems like a pretty cold thread, but, Count me in. It sounds like a nice thing for the middle of nowhere. I don't think it needs to be during the eclipse for good effect though. Any night is dark enough out there, if you're a ways away from the esplanade.

Good luck!
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:09 pm

Go for it!! Sounds great. An open stage impromptu session for any participants would be hilarious to be in or watch. Sounds like a great place for a light fashion show.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

Return to “2007 Theme”