Looking to play a show!

Virtuous Villains

Looking to play a show!

Post by Virtuous Villains » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:40 am

Hello,
My name is Ro. and I am the leader of a pack of lovely oddities who would like very much to perform for this years Burning Man Festival. Our shows are elaborate celebrations featuring other worldly costumes, fire players, dancers, faerie freaks, and of course me The Messenger. My songs weave the magic. I invite you to listen, just click the link and I think you'll get the picture.

How wonderous a theme (that is green!) it has been a while since we stayed in the garden and we feel it's high time we bring it back to the experience that is Ro. and the Virtuous Villains.

If there is any stage available and interested in having us perform we would love to hear from you.

Ro.
email: ro.george1@sympatico.ca Phone: 514-526-8845
www.myspace.com/roandthevirtuousvillains

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:00 am

There are still sticky topics down in the 2006 concerning stages seeking artists and artists seeking stages. The 2007 section should be expanded to include these topics at some time, keep an eye out.

In the meantime, welcome to eplaya, and let me just run a couple things by you. Just making sure you know this is a non-commercial event and it is unlikely you'd be hired for pay to come to the event. No one is paid to perform, it is all on your own desire to be there. You might find a deep-pockets sponsor, but well, again, unlikely. Sometimes this little tid-bit is unknown to potential new folk, so I thought I'd bring it up, just in case.

Start reading the main site and browse the eplaya here, and be CERTAIN to read the survival guide. Keep asking questions! Hope you can make it Home!

Virtuous Villains

Post by Virtuous Villains » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:09 am

Thank you for the lovely reply. We are aware of Burning Man, but haven't attended before, but we just want to come and perform for the experience. All we ask is for some electricity, and eager eyes!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:46 am

I'm quite certain you'll find that in abundance! Liked what I saw on your page.

Buy your tickets before the price goes up, find everything you can about protecting your gear from the dust. So much to do, so little time ...

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:24 pm

Depending on how much and often you want to perform you may want to schedule a couple performances of staged on the Esplanade (the main street). You will probably find welcoming stages once you're there too. For example, our camp will probably run a club every night and it would be no problem for you to perform there sometime if you wished. But we're also off the main strip and will be smaller installations than some of the other ones. It's not something we're scheduling anything for either. So depending on your show length, and type of audience (large or smaller more personal) you'll find different things. If I were you I'd seek out main camps that you like the look of once it's a little closer to the event and see if they'd welcome you.

Virtuous Villains

Post by Virtuous Villains » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:56 pm

Thank you for the advice.

Return to “2007 Theme”