The Blood Vessel / Temple Burn and my intentions

TheBloodVessel

The Blood Vessel / Temple Burn and my intentions

Post by TheBloodVessel » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Hello to those that know me already. To those that don't... Im Gothalot. Early on in my burning man experience I worked for the Black Rock Gazette, then when it was canceled I went on with a few others to form the Black Rock Beacon. I also was the Bar Manager for Spikes Vampire Bar up until recently when i decided to start a new project; The Blood Vessel.

The Blood Vessel started as an art car project. Its a 1971 MM Caddy Side loading hearse. Its main function is to transport hand made coffins laden with the well wishes to the departed from those wanting closure in their lives to the Temple Burn of 2007.

Many people each year cannot attend Burning Man or the Temple Burn and I wanted those that cannot be there to have the opportunity to place small items of cards, wooden effigies, whatever they wish as long as it is safely and environmentally combustible. The coffins will also be open to those at Burning Man during the event until the Man burns. Come see us at Blood Vessel's Rue Morgue camp.

If anyone wishes to send a card or small wood carving, whatever helps bring you closure and say goodbye to those that have passed in your lives please feel free to contact me via email and I will send you the postal address for you to mail it to us. We will ensure it makes it safely inside and to the Temple burn.

If you would like to know more about the art project, make donations (wow we could really use the financial help) or simply contact me and my crew go to http://www.bloodvessel.org
The website will be up and running February 23rd 2007.

Thank you for your support.

Gothalot
Gothalot

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Sounds like a good idea!

Good luck!

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

Return to “2007 Theme”