Real live piano on the playa!

dinosaurwilly

Real live piano on the playa!

Post by dinosaurwilly » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:30 pm

Once again, Dr. Le Tawdry will be bringing out his revered piano for all to play.

Look for us on the playa. We would love players of all types to come by and tickle our ivorys!

Dr Le Tawdry.

www.049events.com/dr_le_tawdry
------------------------------------
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

Aiee! It burns!

Post by Aiee! It burns! » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:06 pm

I shall serenade you from the chainsaw.

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:11 pm

thanks again...I love playing but dont have a real piano at home. I'll gift the playa with 2 minutes of some real bad Herbie Hancock!

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:31 am

I almost got the one some guy was selling out at Strawberry a few months ago - was set up originally as self-propelled, to be powered from a motorcycle engine, steered via tiller from the attached bench, was converted to trailer mode at the time but still had most of the self-propelled gear attached....

Saw that and thought - what an art car!!!

bb

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:50 am

Ojai Bureau of Pleasure will again bring a Baby Grand-PLAYABLE- to the playa for the dusty masses to enjoy - we'll also have a sound system, mics, drum kit, hand drums, and various playa instruments - sax, clarinet, etc. Booking time slots NOW - e-mail me if you'd like to play!!!

The Hosh

Re: Real live piano on the playa!

Post by The Hosh » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:52 pm

dinosaurwilly wrote:Once again, Dr. Le Tawdry will be bringing out his revered piano for all to play.
I've heard Jack White will be attending this year's festival. Maybe he'll play a tune or two...
2007 photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hoshq/collections/72157601792465754/
2006 photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hoshq/collections/72157601425440501/

FallenAngel

Post by FallenAngel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:54 pm

This sounds awesome. If anyone is bringing a piano and doesn't know where to put it, or is worried about the environment, we have space in The Havana Room for a piano and player(s). The Havana Room is a controlled environment that can be nearly completely shut to the elements. After all, we have to protect the cigars, no?
Fallen Angel
The Havana Room
http://www.havanaroom.org/
On tribe - http://tribes.tribe.net/havanaroom/
[email protected]
Talent Booking Info - [email protected]

Make a Donation!
PayPal - [email protected]

revjim

Post by revjim » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:34 pm

Skinny Kitty Teahouse will have a piano(tuned daily).

dinosaurwilly

Dr. Le Tawdry's Piano

Post by dinosaurwilly » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:00 pm

We just acquired a new and better sounding piano! We will be located at the corner of 7:30 and Coral Reef. The piano will be prominently displayed on the corner available for any and all players!

We even have 4 copies of a 400 page song book with popular music so you can play and have a sing-along!

Come by and say hi at Dr Le Tawdry's

Don't forget to come by on Wednesday for our Snake Oil sales!

The Captain
------------------------------------
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

Omnidexter

Post by Omnidexter » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:01 am

..we'll have one too at The Paddy Mirage!! looking forward to playing your though, other people pianos always sound better ;)

jyesika

skinny kitty is mean

Post by jyesika » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:37 am

This is the first year I've had any sort of serious breach of neighborly etiquette with a camp. The perps: Skinny Kitty Teahouse. Invited by one of their members to ride an art car to watch the oil rig burn, we arrived early and helped load a piano onto the car. We asked both the driver and some other organizer if it was OK to be there. We were first on. A good half an hour later, some late members or friends of the camp arrived and instead of booting the latecomers some hippy hag came over to me and said she didn't recognize me so we needed to get off. I protested, told her of our prearranged checks and attempts to be rational and pleasant. She was joined by some other belligerent toe rag and we got into a rather curt shouting match about "private parties".
I protested, not only because we had been invited, confirmed our invitation and helped with the preparations, but also because a "private art car" is very much at odds with the community of burning man. I think it is also at odds with the licensure agreement. Some neighbors later told me that they had been walking next to the skinny kitty art car (the next day!) and overheard others rudely being banished in a similar way.
I understand limitations of art cars, and obviously it's fun to organize camp parties. We weren't demanding booze or anything unreasonable. The skinny kitty camp people really soured my experience.

Cassidy

Standup piano by the man on Thursday?

Post by Cassidy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:19 am

Is this the one? We had walked and walked and walked on the playa Thursday night. I was wearing a long purple sequined gown and a bad choice in walking shoes :D Between the techno and deafening art car music I somehow heard someone playing the piano. I looked around and saw a little stool by a piano on a cart so we walked over. I sat down for a little relief and listened to the only soothing music I had heard in days... I'm not sure who it was playing but you were very good. I felt recharged after sitting and listening for a few minutes. Thank you for this brief and necessary respite.

Return to “2007 Art & Performance”