Where to have a commitment ceremony on the playa?

sugarcube

Where to have a commitment ceremony on the playa?

Postby sugarcube » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:16 pm

Wondering if I could get some advice/opinions here.

My boyfriend and I are going to have a commitment ceremony on the playa this year, and are trying to puzzle out where we'd like to do it.

Considerations:

1) Not at the temple.
2) Within walking distance (i.e. not deep playa/trash fence) from probably somewhere nearby the 3 o'clock plaza area.

I've taken a look at the registered art that's on the Burning Man site proper, and none of it is really inspiring me to the point where I'm going "yeah, i want to have a ceremony in front of that".

Any suggestions? Experiences? We need a "place" so we can tell friends to meet us there, as I imagine not everyone will have their shit together enough to meet us at our camp first and walk with us.

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:48 am

If it were me...

I'd go out a week before the event and do it at Trego. Ya can't get there during the event (closed by BLM) but it's one of my favorite spots.

Or get the OK to do it at Frog Pond (private land under lease by summa them bmorg folk) - Same restrictions, but it's awesome.

And ya know where it is, and can find it. Gives ya something to look forward to!

bb

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby mdmf007 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:02 am

One thing I like doing at BM - and if I was doing a commitment ceremony this is how id go about it.

Start at center camp and walk right through the man, go to the trash fence, and continue another mile or so. Bring water, and a blanket cause it gets cold.

out on the open playa with nothing around you, but openness and a great summer sky full of stars. its quiet, with just a hint of BM music coming (bass thump mostly)

Look back and all of BM is about three inches wide at arms length Briing a GPS and you can come right back to it or find it on a map after BM 2007 is posted on google earth.

A BM first is occusing at night as well. Total Lunar eclipse - on monday night

cheers
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)

Empress Rosa

Empress Rosa's Wedding/Chill Palace

Postby Empress Rosa » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:19 am

Help yourself to a ceremony in my lovely space.

7:00/near the Esplanade (Man side of the street)

or join us on Thursday for the Kissing Dance/Group Wedding

4-6pm.

SEE website: www.empressrosaweddings.com

Have a great ceremony where ever you decide.

Return to “2007 Art & Performance”