3D Studio Max Animator Wanted for Burning Man Project

domitron

3D Studio Max Animator Wanted for Burning Man Project

Postby domitron » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:59 pm

I am involved in a project that will bringing a new kind of 3D projector to the playa this year called CycloVision. This novel projector will create 3D images and animations within a 3' in diameter and 5' high cylindrical space using thousands of LEDs whirling around in a circle. It will be powered by a very a high power motor and the images animated by dozens of microprocessors and circuit boards synchronized to the rotation. The scope of the project is beyond this post, but that is the gist.

What I need are some folks that would like to create content for CycloVision in the form of animations created in 3D Studio Max. I need people who are already familiar with the software and are willing to work for the good of Burning Man, not for pay. If anyone out there would like to see their 3D creations brought to life in a whirlwind of LEDs, please contact me. If anyone knows of someone else who might be interested in this, please let them know about me!

Thanks!

DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:01 pm

Hey, this looks like fun. I wish I could help but this year I am traveling a lot.
If you want, you can check my Tribe profile and see if I'd work out for you guys and PM me if you think we can work out something later at another time.

Cheers!

Timezone LaFontaine
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Timezone LaFontaine » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi, I'm an animator but primarily have experience with Maya. I could see about importing some of my work into Max, though, if you think that would work. You can check out my website for examples of my work: http://www.zoonbats.com ... I have three more recent short films which I have yet to put up on there, but I can send you some images from them and/or links to downloadable versions if you're interested.

Does this project work with scene files playing in real time?

DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:49 pm

sweet site LaFontaine.

domitron

Postby domitron » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:54 pm

Thank you everyone for the replies, but we did find a burner who is stoked and helping us with this project now! Look for it on the playa this year!

Timezone LaFontaine
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Timezone LaFontaine » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:10 pm

Well I definitely will seek you guys out 'cause I want to see it and talk to you about how it works. Good luck!

DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:14 am

same here.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman

Return to “2007 Art & Performance”