WRITER'S ROUND TABLE at BRAIN FREEZE

Bell T.

WRITER'S ROUND TABLE at BRAIN FREEZE

Post by Bell T. » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:59 am

Calling writers on the playa to a Round Table at Thinker's Corner. We will be at Brain Freeze and Sticker Camp at 5:15 and ARCTIC. Come check the Board for times for the Round Table, leave a copy of your writing for people to read, pose a question for us on the board, and stick around for dusty conversation. If you're timing's good, there will be frozen margaritas.

Shoot me an email if you think you'll make it over, or have an idea for the Round Table.

wild playa hugs
Bell T.
Flow

Clar-i-ty
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

We'll be close by

Post by Clar-i-ty » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:03 pm

We'll be close by at Hot Monkey Sox camp, maybe someone there can help me get through my current block. I write so much for work and school, I have nothing left for myself. Would be glad to be in the company of other writers.

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Re: WRITER'S ROUND TABLE at BRAIN FREEZE

Post by spectabillis » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:06 am

Bell T. wrote:... leave a copy of your writing for people to read, pose a question for us on the board, and stick around for dusty conversation..
is this topic specific discussion? critique of writing abilities and skills?

Bell T.

TOPICS at Writer's Round Table

Post by Bell T. » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:45 am

Hey spectabilly,

We'll see how many meetings we actually pull off, if people want to do a critique group, I'm happy to host it. I'll have a blackboard where folks can post their wannas for the group and invite people to come at a particular time.

I'm inviting several burners who have books out about burning man, so it's likely we'll be sharing some stories in that vein. I'm a published author currently writing fiction out of the playa phenomenon. (My nonfiction is published, not yet the fiction).

Come on by.
Bell
Flow

dav725

Looking To Recharge Creativity

Post by dav725 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:01 am

Hey there,

I'm a writer too, and make a living at it, which is cool...but I am totally burnt out with writing. I'm looking for a place/space/venue/group....to help recharge/reconnect to my creativity. Don't need another workshop with notes from people.....there are too many of those in the real world. Just a place to go back to that wonderful place where images are formed. Might this be the place? Or does anyone else know of anything?

Thanks!

Bell T.

Rechargeable Writers

Post by Bell T. » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:12 am

Yes, a thousand times yes! Your question makes me happy this morning. Getting a whole new jolt of creative juice is exactly what I'd like to offer at the writer's group. Discovering what we'd really, really like to do next. Disassemble brain and reconfigure. My major field of writing is imagination, creativity, and the brain, and I have a few tricks up my sleeve. Bring it on!! When are you arriving at the playa? I'm planning a group late in the week for maximum attendance, and would love to do a couple of them earlier in the week (when we can probably focus a tad better).
Sound, Bell T.
Flow

dav725

Post by dav725 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:15 pm

Hey there,

Your reply to my reply made me happy today.

I'll be arriving on Monday so I'll be around the whole week. Don't know our location yet...probably won't till we get there. Maybe I could pop in, say hi, etc.....

Recharing, re-energizing sounds so, so lovely....and needed....

Dave

sunn

Post by sunn » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:10 am

Writer's group...yea! I'm there for sure. I am sooo close to finishing my book but just haven't had the motivation for the past month to work more. (mmm, don't know if I"ll actually write on the playa but it'll be good to be around other writers anyway!)

Return to “2007 Art & Performance”