My Big Sister's Record Collection seeks banger turntables...

happyfeet

My Big Sister's Record Collection seeks banger turntables...

Postby happyfeet » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:03 pm

that's right.

i have 3 boxes of 45rpm/7 inch records from around '78 to '82 that want to spin at Burningman this year. They belong to my sister and some even have her name on the labels.

They aren't all in great shape, some may skip, but they pump those juicy beats that will be in your brain/body forever!

I contacted BMan Roller Disco thinking that they'd love to have my 45s spin for their skaters, but they don't have turntables!

So I'm putting out a call for anybody who has two turntables to offer up that you won't freak out over (i.e., they do not have any bling needles or are $$$ Sony decks) for the roller disco camp.

OR....

You have two banger turntables at your camp and are up for some hot Devo, KC, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Doobie Brothers, etc. (and more obscure) beats...

well then, get in touch and I'll spin a set for ya!

Need shade too (vinyl melts out in the sun)...... I have my own adapters.

Get in touch if interested,
DJ HappyFt aka Russell H

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:39 am

This may sound like a silly idea, but why not bring out the gear you're looking for? In the grand scheme of power and sound systems and roller discos and all that, and with your sister having coughed up her records, the least you could do is bring a couple cheap turntables. ;-)

~Trilo~

happyfeet

that's the point...

Postby happyfeet » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:46 am

trilo,

i do not have any crappy turntables so this is why i posted this.

if i get two before BMan, then I'll haul them out and schlep them around no problem.

if i do not, then i hope to find folks at BRC who don't mind the scratchy skipping goodness.

i am also poor at the moment (will be working for my BMan ticket), so can't cough up any $$ for a crappy turntable or two, so am hoping that the generosity of the community will provide...

BTW, my big sis has loaned me her 45s forever. if not, she'd just keep them in her attic back east......

yours in analog, 1800s technology,
RussellH

dinosaurwilly

Welcome Back!

Postby dinosaurwilly » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Russell!! Welcome back to the playa! I'm glad you are bringing that awesome collection back out again! I dont think we will have any turntables at Dr. Le Tawdry, but you have to make sure to come by and hang out! And you never know, we might have a turn table or two by the time we head out to the playa. I think I have a fisher-price turn table buried somewhere in the garage.

The Captain

PS: We are located at 7:30 and Coral Reef this year
------------------------------------
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

Return to “2007 Art & Performance”