Soundtrack to the Burning of the Man

BossMcGravity

Soundtrack to the Burning of the Man

Post by BossMcGravity » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:56 pm

Burners Please Unite - I need help remembering some songs played during the burn...

While watching the spectacular burn of the man Saturday from about the 5:30 location, I was moved literally to tears by the play list that a nearby art car broadcast. It started with an operatic piece, and went on to other calm pieces that we all know and love, like Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World, and that Hawaiian acoustic cover of Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole. Along the way as the fire rose and excitement piqued, the play list got funkier and funkier until it was playing things like Jackson 5. Eventually we couldn't stop ourselves from dancing and breaking and hopping around this car as the man fell.

The whole thing was such a special moment for me and my friends who were with me that night, and I'm hoping to get any songs that people who were nearby can remember.

As I recall, the car had red lights all over it and was not much bigger than a golf cart, though the speakers were huge and clear. I spoke to the owner of the car to thank him, and he was pretty big guy with short hair. I so wish I had made a list of the songs right then and there.

If anybody recognizes these descriptions and can point me toward the owners of that car, or was standing nearby enough to remember any of the songs I’m talking about, I’m begging you to give me any hint you can. It would make us very happy to be able to reconstruct that play list.

Thanks guys,
Boston

Mychol_Xander

I know one of the songs.....

Post by Mychol_Xander » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:23 pm

:) I too was moved by the music. One of the first songs was,"TIME TO SAY GOODBYE" BY SARAH BRIGHTMAN AND ANDREA BOCCELLI. It is one of my favorite songs. It seems like this song is a part of all my beautifull moments!

cornelius
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Shortfuse, Robotronia, PoPCorn Palace

Post by cornelius » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:24 pm

At Android's Dungeon we played Radiohead's album Kid A. It was other worldly during the BURN!
ROBOTS UNITE

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:42 pm

Hearing Iz's Over the Rainbow moved me to tears during the Burn. It has been one of my absolute favorite songs since I first heard it. I can think of no other song I would have wanted to hear at that moment of my life.

Return to “2007 Art & Performance”