PRANKS

Toolmaker

PRANKS

Post by Toolmaker » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:06 pm

A thread to discuss pranks to be played in form of protesting the theme.
No arson.. just good ol pranks. This way maybe someone who really feels so inclined will have a resource for ideas that will not get them in so much trouble but also give them the attention the seem to need.

1) Neon UN hidden inside the mans head (dollar sign would have been good for 07)

2) Flags replaced to inclube only G8 flags and the UN flag

3) Panhandlers and Homeless setting up camp/boxes and doing their thing in key public areas.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:31 pm

I cannot think of a pubmic place that you can set up a box and live like a homeless person that is not going to pound with OONTZ music. Id do it, but am a light sleeper. and would eventually die.

I set up along the road into town, with a sign that read:

Will Fuck For Food

I got a few offers, but it was just for fun.

Nextyear I am going to install a siren on the back of a port potty and have it go off at random intervals. Or put a speaker in one, so it sounds like the guy inside is dieing - massive fart sounds. screaming? dog barking. I like pranks

later

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:12 pm

Nextyear I am going to install a siren on the back of a port potty and have it go off at random intervals. Or put a speaker in one, so it sounds like the guy inside is dieing - massive fart sounds. screaming? dog barking. I like pranks
Could put a fake security camera in some of the potties, pointed at the toilet, of course. (Gotta make it a cheap one-- somebody might take it.)

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:30 am

Speaking of sounds in the porta potties..

Yes one of the greeting card noisemakers was put in by me. The other 5 in the bank near where I was camped were other folks. Next year I'll bring ALOT more. I have NO clue who turned our urinal station into a disco but HATS OFF TO YA!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:33 am

The one near us played Rock-a-Bye Baby. I used it a lot, as it almost always had paper. So one morning this girl in the next john starts singing along, but she's singing Happy Birthday to the tune. I nearly ... well yeah, I guess I did. I started singing the right words, and trust me, potty karaoke is more than most folks can handle early in the morning.

unjonharley
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:52 am

AntiM wrote:The one near us played Rock-a-Bye Baby. I used it a lot, as it almost always had paper. So one morning this girl in the next john starts singing along, but she's singing Happy Birthday to the tune. I nearly ... well yeah, I guess I did. I started singing the right words, and trust me, potty karaoke is more than most folks can handle early in the morning.

the camp across the street from us used a glow stick and fishing rod.. the fun went on and on.. last year my son got sucked into the old wallet on a string trick.. this year i may weld a quarter to a 12 inch nail and drive it into the street.. might even do that here just for practice..

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:20 am

Sell gold-pained rocks by the Esplanade for the amount of money you paid for your ticket.

mdmf007
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:34 pm

unjonharley wrote:
AntiM wrote:The one near us played Rock-a-Bye Baby. I used it a lot, as it almost always had paper. So one morning this girl in the next john starts singing along, but she's singing Happy Birthday to the tune. I nearly ... well yeah, I guess I did. I started singing the right words, and trust me, potty karaoke is more than most folks can handle early in the morning.

the camp across the street from us used a glow stick and fishing rod.. the fun went on and on.. last year my son got sucked into the old wallet on a string trick.. this year i may weld a quarter to a 12 inch nail and drive it into the street.. might even do that here just for practice..
Whilst doing a job at a large aircraft assembly plant in the puget sound region I had a Devcon Industries rep come up to me and was pushing his wares. He left a large sample board with about 100 little tubes of epoxy and hardeners in a grid.

Youw ould find the base material along the side, and the component material to be bonded to it on the top. Where they intersect is the right mix.

Mine being concrete/smooth and nickel/smooth. I pulled out part L and catalyst 41. Miked up a pea sized drop and glued a quarter to the floor.

I got distracted and went to a lunch meeting. Came back and noticed a man in the corner at the sink with a medic and a couple of other persons. I then noticed my quarter with THE ENTIRE fingernail from his index finger still underneath it. a nice bllod trail leading to his location. I apologized left and right to him.

it was pretty funny though.

later

OregonRed
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by OregonRed » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:20 pm

Toolmaker wrote:Speaking of sounds in the porta potties..

Yes one of the greeting card noisemakers was put in by me. The other 5 in the bank near where I was camped were other folks. Next year I'll bring ALOT more. I have NO clue who turned our urinal station into a disco but HATS OFF TO YA!
Pimp Your Potty Camp was responsible for the disco potty. Also for the "Kids" potty that played "Rock-a-Bye Baby" and any other urinals/potties that were decorated out toward the 9 'o' clock side of the city.
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:53 pm

Heh, I fell for the gay pron and fishing rod trick once. It was my first year and it still makes me smile.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

barnz

Post by barnz » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:03 pm

blyslv wrote:I fell for the gay pron and fishing rod trick once.

ahhh, the classics.

:?:
~~~~~~~~
known on the Playa (especially Ranger Radios) as HOOPY FROOD.

"A towel … is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have." – Douglas Adams

neccessity

Post by neccessity » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:38 pm

How about setting up Starbucks's all over the place. One at each cardinal point to the man, one across from each entrance to center camp, and - obviously - one across from another one for no reason. One on a bike that just follows one random person everywhere for a day? One INSIDE the man (pavilion)?
Teh mother of invention

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:18 am

neccessity wrote:How about setting up Starbucks's all over the place. One at each cardinal point to the man, one across from each entrance to center camp, and - obviously - one across from another one for no reason. One on a bike that just follows one random person everywhere for a day? One INSIDE the man (pavilion)?
Better, describing a pentagram on the playa. :)

Saki

I had a few ideas

Post by Saki » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:33 am

Vending Booths selling BM memorabilia.

Brand all the streets - "A" street would be "American Airlines" Street with their logo and everything.

Sponsored by stickers – slap your favorite corporate logo on everything you see.

Ice Delivery - Buy all the ice from camp artica, then resell it at a higher cost, charge even more for delivery.

Communist Era posters featuring The Man or Larry.

Create a BRC currency.

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: I had a few ideas

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:24 am

Saki wrote:...Brand all the streets - "A" street would be "American Airlines" Street with their logo and everything..
AT&T
Boeing
Coca-Cola
Dodge
Enron (or eBay)
Fox News
Google
Hasbro
Ikea
Johnson & Johnson
KFC (or Kellogs)

For the center camp rings
Vicious Circle
Fruit Loop

Saki wrote:...Communist Era posters featuring The Man or Larry.

Create a BRC currency.
With thoughts as this, you could have career with Apokiliptik Bureau of Propoganda.

bb

barnz

Post by barnz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:27 am

Saki wrote:Vending Booths selling BM memorabilia.

Brand all the streets - "A" street would be "American Airlines" Street with their logo and everything.

Sponsored by stickers – slap your favorite corporate logo on everything you see.

Ice Delivery - Buy all the ice from camp artica, then resell it at a higher cost, charge even more for delivery.

Communist Era posters featuring The Man or Larry.

Create a BRC currency.
Sorry, I dozed off for a second. Is this a prank of the Theme for 2008? :twisted:
~~~~~~~~

"A towel … is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have." – Douglas Adams

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:09 am

Gift Euro coins.

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:50 pm

Best of 07 goes to Dan for leaving a tree.

Who will get best of 08?

We've seen hippie fishing..
We've seen etard fishing..

How about DPW fishing?
Use some booze tied to a fishing line.

Ranger fishing?
Use a passed out participant holding a can of silly string at the ready.

LEO fishing?
Roll your own cigs in public and smoke em like joints.

barnz

Post by barnz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:22 pm

Toolmaker wrote:Best of 07 goes to Dan for leaving a tree.
Hasn't he done that one already??
~~~~~~~~

K-mom

Post by K-mom » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:53 pm

Toolmaker wrote:LEO fishing?
Roll your own cigs in public and smoke em like joints.
I pulled this one, unwittingly, the other night.
Came out on to the front porch well after midnight, sat down, rolled and smoked a J, about halfway through I realised a car had been sitting half a block up with just its low beams on. When it started to roll towards me I pulled out my loose tobacco and started twisting a cig. So yeah, I can say it's a great satisfaction to have an officer right in front of you and be able to ask them what's the problem, is chain smoking illegal now!??
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:38 pm

Based on a viral game some eurotrash brought our way....

The game is:

When you think of the theme, you lose and must shout "Fuck! I've lost!"

Anybody who hears you do this and is already playing the game must do same.

Anybody who hears you or them and says "What are you talking about?" wins and gets to name the new theme.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

robotland

Post by robotland » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:27 am

mdmf007 wrote: Came back and noticed a man in the corner at the sink with a medic and a couple of other persons. I then noticed my quarter with THE ENTIRE fingernail from his index finger still underneath it. a nice bllod trail leading to his location. I apologized left and right to him.

it was pretty funny though.

later
Damn lepers always spoil a good gag.

At the sign company I used to work for we got LOTS of mileage out of wiring various things to neon transformers...tools, whole workbenches...but the classic was drilling a hole up through one of the wooden benches and wiring a quarter. ZOT! Twenty thousand volts! (at 30 milliamps, to avoid fatality.)
Howdy From Kalamazoo

robotland

Post by robotland » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:30 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:
Saki wrote:...Brand all the streets - "A" street would be "American Airlines" Street with their logo and everything..
AT&T
Boeing
Coca-Cola
Dodge
Enron (or eBay)
Fox News
Google
Hasbro
Ikea
Johnson & Johnson
KFC (or Kellogs)

bb
...Excellent.

We also need a duplicate Man and Brown Pavillion where Our Corporate Sponsors can display their environment-blasting wares and sell tchochkes.
Howdy From Kalamazoo

fartman

let's burn the man again this year!!!

Post by fartman » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:10 am

if we ask for permission first... wait that's gay... this whole thing just makes me want to fart.

SFbrothermichael

Paul Addis and his acts of LOVE

Post by SFbrothermichael » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:43 am

Burning Man suspect held in Grace Cathedral arson attempt.
Jaxon Van Derbeken, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The man accused of setting the Burning Man on fire four days early has been arrested for planning to set Grace Cathedral ablaze, San Francisco police said Monday.

Paul David Addis, 35, was arrested on the cathedral steps at 11:40 p.m. Sunday after officers were tipped off that someone intended to set fire to the Episcopal church, police spokesman Sgt. Steve Mannina said.

Addis was wearing an old ammunition belt that carried small explosives, Mannina said. He was booked on suspicion of attempted arson, possession of an incendiary substance, possession of explosives and possession of explosives with intent to terrorize a church.

A bomb dog was brought in to search the area and found no other explosives at the California Street cathedral.

Deputy Chief Morris Tabak said Addis had only a small amount of explosives.

"Did he have the capability to do substantial damage? Absolutely not," Tabak said.

Tabak said police didn't know Addis' motive. "He said something about it was his religious right," Tabak said.

Tabak said he expects a judge will order a psychiatric evaluation for Addis, who was being held on $488,000 bail.

Addis was arrested early on Aug. 28 in Nevada and charged with felony arson for allegedly lighting the icon of the annual Burning Man festival on fire four days before its scheduled immolation. The fire was doused within half an hour, and the figure was rebuilt in time for the official burning at the festival's end in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada.

Addis told The Chronicle after his arrest that although he was not taking responsibility for the blaze, he did represent a satirical group that had committed the act. He said that the individual expression and community-building at the core of the 21-year-old festival had given way to a "suburban" event, and that an act of spontaneity was needed to shake things up.

"This was not an act of vengeance, it was one of love," Addis said then. "A love of the ethos that is fading at Burning Man. There's no sense of spontaneity. No sense of 'F- it. Let's burn this down.' "

Addis was free on $25,632 bail in the Nevada case when he was arrested Sunday.

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:34 am

I don't think planning on burning a church down counts as a prank. This will be the 2nd time for a place of worship. Its not lookin too good for the shitbird.

So anyway..

Computer prank..
snap a pic of the desktop.
make it wallpaper.
hide all the icons.

if they use a wireless setup..
swap their kb and mouse with yours.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:32 am

EVERYBODY GETS DECAF.

a little switcheroo at the old cafe, and most people will sleep thru the week....

Remark

Post by Remark » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:05 am

a little switcheroo at the old cafe
NOT funny!... okay a little funny

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:59 am

how about putting up all of the missing "Bulinas, Ca." signs in gerlach?

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:07 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:how about putting up all of the missing "Bulinas, Ca." signs in gerlach?
Oh, those loveable freaks from out of town, just can't wait for them to come back. ;)

So, OK here's what you do:

Make a bunch of signs that say "Free Beer and Naked Chicks" and set them on the way into BRC so they are obviously pointing in the wrong direction. Make a point to pick them up after the event. The signs not the naked chicks. Don't forget the beer.

Return to “2008 Theme”