First Time

TheFunkHole

Post by TheFunkHole » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:27 pm

It won't be too crowded until everyone at Burning Man decides to take a week off to go to Default World Festival of Art and Music, so they can escape from their lives of radical self-expression, self-reliance and deboucherous daily dose of drinks, drugs, dancing, dicks, and dorks.

oh my... I've... gone too ..far...

couglite

Post by couglite » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:34 pm

Since you all gave such good advice to Kevin, tell this Canuck something please... I am going down alone with my teenage son and his two friends. I don't have a theme or a group or a camp. I want to participate, but how do I get involved with something. Hella year I chose to finally come; talking all about America.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:44 pm

First off, are the two friends 18 or older?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

couglite

Post by couglite » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:54 pm

They are all 15 and 16 years old, and looking forward to being a part of it. i also think I asked this too soon, because I have now found all the other threads. But I do still wonder if anyone else has done this with three teenagers and survived?

Rat Bastard

Post by Rat Bastard » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:11 am

Ya, sure. They'll survive. And do a lot of shit that they shouldn't do. Unless you wanna play troop master all week. It all depends on them and you. Would you take them to Sturgis or a nude beach or a carnival full of phycho pyros or a rave or a real life version of a Mad Max movie?

Add booze, drugs, tourists/spectators, participators, citizens, debauchery, lameness, more booze, contests, fire, booze, bigger fire, sex, drugs, rock-n-roll, drink again, boobs, paparatzi and Larry Harvey... ...and you have a teenagers paradise.

It is a $500 fine for drinking under age in NV.

Like I said before. DON'T GO. BURNINGMAN SUCKS ASS. You'll hate it. The teenagers will definately hate you for dragging them there. Seriously.
Read my posts with a grain of salt.

hsdavis

Post by hsdavis » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:04 am

couglite wrote:Since you all gave such good advice to Kevin, tell this Canuck something please... I am going down alone with my teenage son and his two friends. I don't have a theme or a group or a camp. I want to participate, but how do I get involved with something. Hella year I chose to finally come; talking all about America.
Why don't you camp with Kevin and his friends. I'll bet that there are dozens of teenage Canadian boys looking to see boobs. CANADIAN TEEN BOYS CAMP! Everyone's problems are solved. I am so smart!

Zulegoona

Post by Zulegoona » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:21 am

I have friends that brought their now 13 and 16 year olds the past two years , everybody had a great time and the kids didn’t get into trouble and the parents didn’t have to spend every waking moment with then either, it depends a lot on the kids.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:59 am

Zulegoona wrote:I have friends that brought their now 13 and 16 year olds the past two years , everybody had a great time and the kids didn’t get into trouble and the parents didn’t have to spend every waking moment with then either, it depends a lot on the kids.
This can be true, my 14 yr old came out with her friend and her mom, I barely saw her till the end of the week.
They camped in Kidsville w/ the other mom. But My daughter had a whole scedule of things she needed to be at(fire perfomer) they had a great time, and she turned out to be very responsible and very open minded.
The other mom and kid left on Sunday, and my daughter stayed with us till tuesday.
Burner baby rocks!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Scout13

Post by Scout13 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Maybe you should call your camp....Canadian Hardwood; because all you are going to see is a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds walking around with boners....that said they will have a blast and won’t get in any trouble because all the crap you would get in trouble for at home is OK at Burning Man, except for under age drinking....having sex in public...but that’s only if they get caught.

You might (or REALLY might not) want to tell them what I tell all my nephew’s and nieces once they hit the age of 18. (But, I think it will work for you). You tell them, “Don’t do anything in front of me that I can’t tell your parents about, because if they ask me I won’t lie to them.â€

Vampira

Post by Vampira » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm

You are all scary clowns, stay away from the bacon!

falk
Burning Since: 2004

Post by falk » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:51 pm

I'd like to add: Foot care, foot care, foot care.

Bring cocoa butter or other moisturizer. Put it on your feet when you go to bed and again when you wake up. Wear good socks and shoes. No kidding.

You'll see people walking around stark naked except for good boots. There's a reason for that.

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:37 am

Don't forget a flag.
Special instructions for Canadians here.
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=16297

oleg8888

Re: WOW Thanks

Post by oleg8888 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:32 am

kevin87 wrote:I am more excited and more terified of going than i was before i poasted this
I am so jealouse, you can only be a virgine once :roll:
Make sure you mention it at the gate, you get a special gift

wannaberavin
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by wannaberavin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:51 am

you really get a special gift?? I am so scared and so excited. I just got news today I got the scholarship tix and am going. I am a virgin, and dont know anyone!! Plus I live in FL so it will be a long trip.

Tell me I am going to love it. I am so scared.
When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace

chiefdanfox

Post by chiefdanfox » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:53 am

You are going to love it. Read the survival guide a few times. Start reading it today.

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:05 am

I aint judgin' but so many of these posts were just off the chart skewed toward the negative.

Burning Man is incredible. Its just the most amazing art you will see anywhere. Its the most surreal unexpected happening every 15 minutes. Its a city of really cool, enlightened mostly, and intelligent folks bustin' ass to be warm and friendly to you. It aint group sex and its not free drugs, but its a week of amazement and wonderment that will, if you let it, reconnect you to that sheer joy of play and imagination you may have lost somewhere around age 15.

Its a week away from media and advertisment bombardment. Its a week where you dont have to worry that your abs aren't ripped or your boobs aren't perky or that you're in the in-crowd. Everyone is in the in-crowd.

Its a week learning to adapt and adjust and help others.

Its a week where you can reasonably expect to hear someone say they just saw a 30 foot penguin crash into the back of neon locomotive resulting in hugs all around.

wannaberavin
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by wannaberavin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:13 am

I have read the survival guide for the last year, I know it by heart. I really cant wait.

And I havent heard anything negative, just scared doing a ride share from FL to the playa. Now I have to start working on getting into a camp, i have no clue where I will stay. WOW!!

I have alot to do. i am so over-whelmed with excitement right now!!
When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace

toxic07

Re: WOW Thanks

Post by toxic07 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:30 am

oleg8888 wrote: Make sure you mention it at the gate, you get a special gift
This FU%@#$ were tooooo nice in 2007. Are we getting People Rights Shit in BRC??????? Hello!!!!!!!! The tradition?????????????? I enjoyed my present so much that I remembered it for two days!
wannaberavin wrote: ... Tell me I am going to love it. I am so scared.
Damn you will!!! And if you will bring a nice costume - you will enjoy it even more!!!
Rat Bastard wrote:
The teenagers will definitely hate you for dragging them there.
I hope they'll be hating it at least till they are 25 or plus... There is nothing to do for them...
But I haven't see them bothering anyone yet.
About kids:
You know the booth with holes in walls that you walk in and people can touch you without seeing you (I haven't tried)... Last year (2007) I have seen a little boy, around 10 years old or so, freaking out from happiness by touching those that were in the booth ... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT :evil: (Sorry for swearing.) The kid is 10 years old, with screwed up in a head parents - that's the only explanation. SO, WATCH YOUR KIDS AT ALL TIMES !!!!!!!!!

YourFlyIsOpen

Post by YourFlyIsOpen » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:50 pm

TIPS FOR VIRGINS

- Bring a bike if you can, with a comfortable seat. One-speed cruiser is ideal. On a bike you will be able to see MORE ART and MORE OF BLACK ROCK CITY and MORE FREAKY PEOPLE. Yum!

- Wear a goofy costume. Wear nothing.

- Wear SPF 30 clothing. Wear SPF 10,000 sunblock. Wear shoes.

- Bring blinky lights (go ahead and google it).

- Bring your gift to the community.

- If you like sleeping now and again, bring earplugs.

- Go to the temple.

And...

Relax! Last year, 47,097 burners had 47,097 unique Burning Man experiences. This year you'll have yours.
...YourFlyIsOpen

I gift you with Burning Man photo art at
www.flickr.com/photos/yourflyisopen/

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:15 am

fun shit that happens on the Black Rock Desert:

Dust storms, Heat, Freezing Nights, Dehydration, Guy's on acid doing swan dives off three story scaffolding, opening your foot on those fucking pressed steel stakes, assholes slipping you extra ingredients in your drink....plan accordingly! It really is fun though!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Return to “2008 Theme”