Forceful Random People Mixing Squad

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:52 pm

It's all a matter of if consent can properly be obtained. have people sign up to be kidnapped?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:09 am

Dork wrote:I'm trying to count how many violations of the terms of service there are in this thread, but I'm running out of fingers.
No one was serious, they were simply quoting from the movie Stripes with Bill Murray. Of course, me saying this makes me Master of the
Obvious. But I was delighted to know someone, other than me, went around quoting from that movie. "So keep ya meathooks off me and my stuff, or I'll k--- ya!"

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:35 am

theCryptofishist wrote:It's all a matter of if consent can properly be obtained. have people sign up to be kidnapped?
That would be fine. How would you find these volunteers? I expect you'd find a lot of people willing to join the kidnap squad, if they don't have any other plans this time... :o

Maybe your future abductees show at your camp get a Polaroid taken and wait at their camp for the Paddy Wagon to come by.

It wouldn't be nearly as exciting as a real abduction, though. ;) (Had to add that for google!)

Tiahaar
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Post by Tiahaar » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:23 pm

the fine folks at BRC Animal Control are experts at this sort of thing...furries beware
Burning Man 2003-18; Desert Carillon, HypnoHorse, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage and Sound Tech, 747 Project
Starship Palomino

makoona

Post by makoona » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Where do I volunteer to be abducted?

TheFunkHole

Post by TheFunkHole » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:04 pm

I don't even know if this is gonna happen. I just wanted to throw the idea out and see the response. I love "Stripes" and Bill Murray, and totally got the absurd false death threats thing too, but sometimes it's hard to tell for sure without lots of smily faces to denote humor, or just kidding-ness. :lol: :x

I have no vehicle to drive abductees around on, but I imagine it as sorta a Gitmo on wheels, if that helps anyone to become inspired. :roll: We could even play torturous audio clips just like the real thing. (Interspersed with eclectic musical stylings, of course) :twisted: It would really go along with the theme this year too. :shock:

I think it would get to the point where people would want to be abducted by the forceful random people mixing squad, just to do something zany at Burning Man. :)

Besides, it totally beats masturbating in your tent for the third time that day. Maybe we could even catch people in the midst of their self-touching marathons and get them to talk to some random people.

Jew Boy

Post by Jew Boy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:40 pm

If you masturbate in my tent again, I'll fucking kill you.
For this I left Poland?

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:52 pm

Maybe the people who want to be kidnapped should take a pic of them selves masturbating in Jew Boys tent.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!

Jew Boy

Post by Jew Boy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Anybody takes a picture of themselves masturbating in my tent, they will fucking die.
For this I left Poland?

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:15 am

I do like the idea of a Rendition Camp or a Camp Gitmo West. There are several actual military or ex-military types who can make a very realistic Survival,Escape,and Evasion School type Prison Camp.[ ex. barbwire and concertina between lumber frames, Guard Tower, Interrogation cabin with taped screams and beatings to intimidate the internees] I can tell you by personal experience that it can be a very real experience. I was an Airborne Military Policeman during the Vietnam Era. I am also an ex-con with real prison experiance. Although this camp could be a very terrifying ordeal, it could be a very real teaching opportunity. It should be an entirely voluntary situation and people should have chance to simply walk out. Please stop all this "compulsory" shit, it strikes a raw nerve with me.

TheFunkHole

Post by TheFunkHole » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44 am

An entire camp. Wow, that is a whole lot more than I had in mind. You are taking it to a vastly different level.

My original intention was to ultimately mix people together randomly, not put them through a whole prison experience. The costumes and vehicle might be dressed for dramatic flare and to make a statement, but that's about it. I wouldn't, or have the capacity to hold anyone against their will.

Maybe getting rid of the Forceful aspect of the Forceful Random People Mixing Squad would help considerably. My goal was to get people out of their camps and be placed into situations where they would meet more people, then find a way back to their camp. This is more of a daytime thing. Like a taxi ride where you are blindfolded, spanked, and dumped off at a random location, not of your choice.

The "Forceful" aspect was/is intended to be a roleplaying idea not an actual display of force. It's for all those submissive types who might enjoy getting into such situations. Ultimately they could choose to get on the bus or not. Like I said before, it would become something people want to do, for the experience and seemingly random adventure.

Then again, maybe it's just a really bad idea?

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:00 pm

Oldguy wrote:I do like the idea of a Rendition Camp or a Camp Gitmo West. There are several actual military or ex-military types who can make a very realistic Survival,Escape,and Evasion School type Prison Camp.[ ex. barbwire and concertina between lumber frames, Guard Tower, Interrogation cabin with taped screams and beatings to intimidate the internees] I can tell you by personal experience that it can be a very real experience. I was an Airborne Military Policeman during the Vietnam Era. I am also an ex-con with real prison experiance. Although this camp could be a very terrifying ordeal, it could be a very real teaching opportunity. It should be an entirely voluntary situation and people should have chance to simply walk out. Please stop all this "compulsory" shit, it strikes a raw nerve with me.
Ever hear of the Stanford Prison Experiment? It could get really ugly.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

TheFunkHole

Post by TheFunkHole » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:27 pm

yeah there was a german film made about it too.
http://www.haro-online.com/movies/das_experiment.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Experiment

I don't think we need go quite that far. :P

Jew Boy

Post by Jew Boy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:15 am

Would it be wrong to force people to masturbate in their tents?
For this I left Poland?

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:01 am

Would it be wrong to force people to watch me masturbate in my tent ?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Jew Boy

Post by Jew Boy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:46 am

Yes.
For this I left Poland?

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:04 am

I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:33 am

Funk' It is a good idea.

Dont let anyone say it aint...its your participatory art!
I think that idea is fun...and really if your hitting it tues. that when some of the newb's and even veterans are ready for...
~~~~~"and now for something completely different"~~~~~

Most of camp construction is done...and peeps are ready to shake a leg, and thats when your head says..hmmm what SHOULD I do now?
then this art cars shows up and says...go this way!
really it sounds fun, especially for those who are still a lil' timid about meeting new peeps...like force yourself to JUST DO IT!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:49 pm

The weird thing is that Zimbardo had a series of self-hypnosis tapes out in the '70's.
Yes, they worked very well for me. I feel fine, Dr. Zimbardo...

I am positive that I have no subliminal programming lurking in my subconscious. No, I'm fine, really.

TheFunkHole

Post by TheFunkHole » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:43 am

Thanks for the encouragement...

NOW, if I could just wrassle up a prison-themed art car, a permission slip from the DMV and a crew of willing enablers, oh and some hoods for the abductees to wear.

Anyone have any ideas? :oops:

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:20 pm

When I look over my shoulder, what do you think I see?
A bunch of people looking over their shoulder at me.

(close quote from Donovan's season of the witch)

Donovan and Joe Cocker, original twe akers
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

'Thena

Virgin Sacrifice

Post by 'Thena » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:47 pm

As a virgin Burner, I think this is a great idea! Maybe even make it virgin oriented?
It would be more volunteer-ish if you drove up to a group and asked them to sacrifice their virgin (heh).
Then when you dropped them off somewhere you could tell the new group to make friends, and we slightly shy people would be forced into community mode. (Yes, I'm shy about walking up to people, but not about being spanked and then thrown into a group of strangers.... What's your point? :roll: )

TheFunkHole

Post by TheFunkHole » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Hmmmm, a giant boiling cauldrom of virgins! I like it. A cement mixer would be perfect for this, does anyone have a spare cement mixer?

'Thena

Post by 'Thena » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Ooooh, how about a pick-up made up as a pirate ship? Could drop a plank to bring virgins aboard. A dragon thing would be more fitting, but not sure how to make that work.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Lighten up, Francis.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

Squerk

Post by Squerk » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:41 pm

I would like to throw in my support...and my ass to this idea. Spank away! Sounds like fun and then when one is dropped off one must make new friends. I like it. Chaos socializing and debauchery. *applaud*

Please feel free to pick me up...

[quote="TheFunkHole"]I thought you might. :D

They wouldn't be spanked too hard, unless they wanted to be... I promise.

Being blindfolded could be considered as a way to experience the sounds of the playa without all the overstimulating visual distractions.

Instead of thinking of it as "kidnapping". Consider being taken for a ride and left somewhere else with a group of people that you don't know at all and have an opportunity to create new friendships, tell stories, etc... and then figure out where you are and find your way back to your camp... or maybe just decide to ditch your camp and live with your new found friends.

Above all else, it shouldn't have anything to do with threatening to kill people and/or any kind of negativity or harm, other than aforementioned light spanking or heavy spanking by request.

All participants will be treated as they wish and comforted with their choice of available beverages, and light snacks. All blindfolds will be sanitized for their safety and gifted to them as souvenirs. If the recipient of said souvenir does not wish to accept their gift, the blindfold may be re-sanitized and used on another participant.

There.... feel better. All safe now... no more death threats mmkay? :wink:[/quote]

ragabashpup

Post by ragabashpup » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:33 pm

If this ends up going through let me know. I will dress up and help kidnap people. If you are going for a military theme I have fatigues and a gas mask to wear.. :)

Jew Boy

Post by Jew Boy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:47 pm

Any of you faggots call me Francis, I'll fucking kill you.
For this I left Poland?

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:15 am

i will rip a hole in your cheap sock puppet so big your bubbe wont be able to darn it.

"for this i gave up polock jokes?"
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:13 am

Jew Boy wrote:Any of you faggots call me Francis, I'll fucking kill you.
ONLY if you ask nice.

Return to “2008 Art & Performance”