The BOOBY BAR! 2008

Bin Noddin

Postby Bin Noddin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:10 am

You 'n me, Lor. See you next year.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

nogganoodle
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Booby Bar, UK Envoy

Postby nogganoodle » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:01 am

And me makes 3!

I hate not being there so i thought best to avoid for a bit. Next year just cant come quick enough
You don't need a license to drive a sandwich

Lorgasm

Postby Lorgasm » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:23 pm

Hey,
Just had a PBR and before that aRed Bull w/ Vodka (thanks Zulegoona). Iam having atime getting through this. As long as I got my bros and sistahs helping me through this. I feel ya. For all those missing the burn too,I wish I was there licking your wounds and making them all go away. This is rough. For some reason, worse than the other year I missed. I cry each night. Bad. I must remain focused and happy for those who ARE THERE. I am Going Next Year. I cannot go through this shit again. Lets all burn some shit together Saturday night. Lets embrace. Lets dance in the sun, the moonlight, the love. Big hugs, kisses, andlove to all.

Keep the fire going. We have experienced the joy. Keep the groove going. There is always next year. We will dance again.

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOX, Lorgasm

Yours for good or ill.
BOOBIES!!!

ALICEtheGOON

Postby ALICEtheGOON » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:58 pm

...I am reading about the WHITEOUT duststorm on saturday...is everyone good?

...how did the man hold up? .. hope all was good .

see you next year was better.

Nickel

Postby Nickel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 pm

The storm lasted a pretty long time (I think 6 hours or so). It cleared just in time for the man to burn a little late. The precession and fire dancing was skipped making it a very "American" man burn (instant gratification). He just started fireworking, and then blew up a few times before toppling over after a bit of flame licking. The best thing about the delay was that it gave us front row seats! We got to run to the man to circle him with no one in front (except as Burner Baby pointed out to me, the inner circle ;] )

Overall this year was fanfuckingtastic. The Booby Bar was a huge hit (last night it was probably the best party on the playa) and everyone who came in all week was so excited they'd found such a great spot. Everyone who was there this year, you are now my most favorite people ever! I'll have to do a synopsis of the week sometime soon while the magic is still fresh.
"This is not about love, because I am not in love"

Camp Team says, "Go Team!"

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:29 pm

I second the greatness and warmth of the Booby Bar.
I met several of you "Eplayans" there, and, I so appreciated the kindness shown.
Thanks Finnegan, Titwi, Zabsinth, and, after meeting Zabsinth, and sampling his brew, I can't remember the names of the others.........please forgive me...........
Great dust storm on Sat. Wonderfully surreal riding and drinking in and during it..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Lorgasm

Postby Lorgasm » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:57 am

Hey,
Welcome back to the default world. I did get to see some of the burn on the webcam it kept crashing. Even though I had to work that morning, I kept it going. Sorry to hear about the white out. They did manage to provide a cool burn nonetheless. I heard some burners (newbies I'm sure) left before the burn started. I'm in FLA at the moment so there is a 3 hr time dif. Our newspaper said there was around 49,700 peeps out there. True? Glad y'all are here safe and sound (and a bit dusty).

Missed you.
Still Burnin,
Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Postby unjonharley » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:51 am

Life is good.. had a good time at BM.. met a bunch of eplaya peeps at BB.. don't drink but still can't remember a single name..

Sorry pinemom, for not kissing your knee woowy.. could not kneel. Rolled my left knee before getting to the playa.. will have to have it drained.. that hurts more than the enjury..

Lorgasm

Postby Lorgasm » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:59 am

A big Get Well Smooch to UnjonHarley and PM. Sorry to hear of your boo boos. Last year both of my campmates injured their legs too. They did not get to dance.

Now just waiting to hear back from my friend and his tribe. They missed their flight and should be gettin into town around noonish. Hey PM, I sent a postcard to the Booby Bar. Did y'all get it? I also sent one to the DJ at BMIR to give you and TITWI a shout out and Happy Anniversary. If you didn't get either....well, you were in my thoughts. Not seein your posts. Hope you made it back okay.

((((((BoobyBar)))))
Still Burnin,
Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!

princesspisces

Postby princesspisces » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:34 am

I wanted to thank everyone at The Booby Bar for making my first year the best EVER! I miss all of you so much already. So much I have already began my plans for next year. :lol:

-Dani

pinemom

Postby pinemom » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:23 pm

Hey ya'll....!

Yup Knee fucking sucks. But I had a great burn nontheless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although anyone who spoke to me, drank with me or met me on either wed. or thursday I was completely shnookered on narcotics for the pain.

2008 was the best in fun....what will it be in 2009? heheee
of course better!

The playa frog will return again next year bigger and better~ shitty dunes!
killed me and my frog!

so many thoughts but no way to make them intelligble at this yet early date...shall return soon to reinerate.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP
Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.

Postby CLARKcon » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:37 pm

Princess Pisces, it was good to met you--you did a great job cleaning the bar table that one night into morning...

Bin(buddy), Nogga, Lorgasm don't stress too much, 09' just around the corner, and should be the best one EVER :D . You'll have no problem finding COFFEE CAMP...ideas are u n f o l d i n g :wink: 8)

PM- Thank you and TITWI for erecting those beautiful boobs this year! It was a treat and a pleasure to be a patron/ 2nd string makeshift bartender ("insert drink name here"= Vodka Cran) Love it. Love it. Love it...
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."

princesspisces

Postby princesspisces » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 pm

CLARKcon - It was nice to meet you too! Thanks for closing down the bar with me! Pinemom told me cleaning the bar was useless, but I just couldn't fight the urge to clean it!

BTW, you never stuck around for pictures! Next year, I will have hunt you down!

AC

Much Love!!

Postby AC » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Love to all my fellow Boobarians and Terminal Citizens for making this the best year on the playa yet. I totally look forward to being a part of this camp again next year and can't wait to see every one of you!!... I promise to have my sock monkey under control by then.. He'll be sitting in the corner as soon as I can get him down from my chandelier... damn it Lucky Monkey Fuck come down!!!

princesspisces

Postby princesspisces » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:14 pm

AWWW! I miss Lucky Monkey Fuck too!

**burn**

Postby **burn** » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:36 pm

My wonderful Booby friends! I miss you all already!
Thank you for taking me in and making me a part of the famdamily.
This burn will always be very special to me.
So many moments. So many special moments.

xoxox
burnbaby
Risky

The Booby Bar in
http://terminalvillage.com

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:54 pm

CLARKcon wrote:Bin(buddy), Nogga, Lorgasm don't stress too much, 09' just around the corner

And I don't believe this, but I'm actually thinking of attending. If it's not too fucking dusty. I want to see you all.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Barb Wire
Burning Since: 2006

Postby Barb Wire » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:48 am

Well... Back in Norway now... And I must say: I really enjoyed getting to know you all. I had the best time ever! Thanks! Miss you all!
Barb Wire / Sven
--------
You don't stop going to Burning Man because you get old.
You get old because you stop going to Burning Man!

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:26 am

Having the bar in the bar was great. So was the Turkish Pepper!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Hot Shot

warm welcome

Postby Hot Shot » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:19 pm

well, i'm glad pinemom invited me to stay at the booby bar camp when i got squeezed out of my planned camp. and she even let me rub her feet... awww.

it made it easier to walk home intoxicated to only have to walk 50 ft. though no walk of shame this year.

anyway, everyone was awesome. one-eyed dick and lightning legs were the best to me. i'm glad the green penis merged with the booby bar, they go together well.

but i also enjoyed cooking with dillon, cleaning with vampira and watching velevetina spanking the virgins. and although i enjoyed drinking with duckie and bear, duckies drinks are lethal and i must work up a tolerance for next year.

keep in touch.

dr.placebo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Postby dr.placebo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:50 pm

On behalf of BED I'd like to thank the BooBy Bar for hosting us again this year. As Blanche Dubois (played by Vivien Leigh in A Streetcar Named Desire) said: "Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxGN29njs3Q[/youtube]

For myself, it was great to see folks I've met before (like titwi, pinemom, and crypto) and folks I had not (nick, purple koosh).

Knockers up!

Bin Noddin

Postby Bin Noddin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:47 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
CLARKcon wrote:Bin(buddy), Nogga, Lorgasm don't stress too much, 09' just around the corner

And I don't believe this, but I'm actually thinking of attending. If it's not too fucking dusty. I want to see you all.

Good luck with that, Babe!
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Thanks for the playa gift.
The Lady with a Lamprey

artcriminal

Postby artcriminal » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:42 pm

[quote="Nickel"]
Overall this year was fanfuckingtastic. The Booby Bar was a huge hit (last night it was probably the best party on the playa) and everyone who came in all week was so excited they'd found such a great spot. Everyone who was there this year, you are now my most favorite people ever! I'll have to do a synopsis of the week sometime soon while the magic is still fresh.[/quote]

I would agree Sunday night at the Booby bar was amazing. A great lone group of people among those left. I even ran into a gal I dated 24 years ago! One major bummer though...And I'm really hoping some of you can help me.

My stuff was stolen off a bar stool that night within feet of me while I was dancing with my back to it. My full-length fake fur coat (white with thin red tongues of fur, big hood, big sleeves, red elastic piping for button holes) my water backpack with my opinel knife, goggles, digital camera, moleskine notebook with ALL the new names and addresses and phone numbers of friends I had made, and my metal cup with the snazzy built in carabiner. It just kills me. This was my 10th burn and I was a victim of deliberate theft at such a great place on a night when one wouldn't expect any yahoos to be around. I feel like sacred ground has been violated. I could have let it all go I suppose but the one of my dear friends made the coat for me and worse yet I will have a difficult if not impossible time regaining some of those addresses and phone numbers in the notebook, and I'd finally put together such a perfect BM survival kit.
My campmates and I have cast a curse on the bastard(s) that only ends when the stuff is returned and I do have alot of friends in the community. So I'm sure I'll eventually get to the bottom of this. Right now it's just a major bummer to end my burn on. If you have any information to help me, please mail me at artcriminal(at)gigsville(dot)org

**burn**

Postby **burn** » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:52 am

Nick Collide, Trojan & Lukky -

Thanks so much for bringing out the bar!
I had a fantastic time!

I enjoyed each one of you. You all make up a nice family.

Hope to see you next year.

xoxox
Risky

The Booby Bar in

http://terminalvillage.com

pinemom

Postby pinemom » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:37 am

artcriminal wrote:
I would agree Sunday night at the Booby bar was amazing. A great lone group of people among those left. I even ran into a gal I dated 24 years ago! One major bummer though...And I'm really hoping some of you can help me.

My stuff was stolen off a bar stool that night within feet of me while I was dancing with my back to it. My full-length fake fur coat (white with thin red tongues of fur, big hood, big sleeves, red elastic piping for button holes) my water backpack with my opinel knife, goggles, digital camera, moleskine notebook with ALL the new names and addresses and phone numbers of friends I had made, and my metal cup with the snazzy built in carabiner. It just kills me. This was my 10th burn and I was a victim of deliberate theft at such a great place on a night when one wouldn't expect any yahoos to be around. I feel like sacred ground has been violated. I could have let it all go I suppose but the one of my dear friends made the coat for me and worse yet I will have a difficult if not impossible time regaining some of those addresses and phone numbers in the notebook, and I'd finally put together such a perfect BM survival kit.
My campmates and I have cast a curse on the bastard(s) that only ends when the stuff is returned and I do have alot of friends in the community. So I'm sure I'll eventually get to the bottom of this. Right now it's just a major bummer to end my burn on. If you have any information to help me, please mail me at artcriminal(at)gigsville(dot)org

Art'C,
Im am so terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Man that just totally bites.

Its like balance I guess? I wish I could come up with something else more tangible for you to hold onto.

For every wonderous time...there is unfortunaley a equal ikky time.
We will all keep our eye's peeled for what sound like a magnificent furry jacket.
The Back pack, unfortunately prol'ly will never see our light of days or nights.

That night, Sunday, was filled with in and outers...Im sure it probly went along with given the same night someone walked into a rv of sleeping campers and lifted cash n shwag.

Please dont let this horrible but material loss effect the good times at the burn.

With hope and good Kharma it will come back to you in some form.
Love Pinemom
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Rev_Sysyphus

Postby Rev_Sysyphus » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:04 am

artcriminal wrote:My stuff was stolen off a bar stool that night within feet of me while I was dancing with my back to it. My full-length fake fur coat (white with thin red tongues of fur, big hood, big sleeves, red elastic piping for button holes) my water backpack with my opinel knife, goggles, digital camera, moleskine notebook with ALL the new names and addresses and phone numbers of friends I had made, and my metal cup with the snazzy built in carabiner. It just kills me. This was my 10th burn

Ugh! In a fit of unwise trusting I loaned out an irreplaceable part of my costume to a couple in the camp across from ours who packed up and bailed the next day without returning it. I have been lamenting the loss of my stuff, but it hardly compares to what you lost!

This was my 1st burn and I had a terrific time but missed the Boobie Bar. There was simply too much to see and do but I hope next time I go I can indulge in the delights of the Boobie Bar!

CLARKcon

Postby CLARKcon » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:09 pm

artcriminal wrote:,,,and I'd finally put together such a perfect BM survival kit.

That does suck art c :cry: I've never had anything taken (moreso, I've left valubles for hours just to return to them untouched) which has instilled an ethos of trust in me out there (though, not to say it doesn't happen). For sure--karma's a bitch, rest easy in the idea that they'll get there's, someplace/somewhere (possibly x3 8) My ideal survival kit would be:
1 fresh pair of underwear
1 flaregun (all emergencies- weather or beast)
1 mini 2 shot bottle of Jack D
1 non-filtered cigarrette
1 "strike anywhere" match

Light, compact & most importantly, effective :wink:

"DRINK IT!"

"To Percolate & Serve."

CLARKcon

Postby CLARKcon » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:30 pm

P.S.---THANK YOU to ThisIs & PM for harboring 2/3's of COFFEE CAMP during the storm Sunday night after the Temple burn!!! That one red nipple was like a glowing beacon through the dust, equivelant to a buoy in the middle of the ocean...We owe you one :)

"DRINK IT!"

"To Percolate & Serve."

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:22 pm

So, did any one attend a theme night? Did you participate in the theme? Why or why not?
The Lady with a Lamprey

Return to “2008 Theme Camps”