BDSM Camp?

dedqgirl

BDSM Camp?

Postby dedqgirl » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:54 am

I was wondering if anyone knows of any camp where one could practice/experiment with BDSM or somesuch. I've already looked through the 2007 list and all i could find was a gay/queer camp that had a dungeon, but i'm straight and just looking for a little impact play.... if anyone has any idea, please let me know, thanks.
A second generation hippie in corporate whore costume trapped in a white-collar world.

[/url]

Nick Collide

Postby Nick Collide » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:33 pm

I saw lots of that kinda stuff going on in BRC. In fact, I can think of a certain Booby Bar camper that could probably take you under her whip...errr, *wing*... and steer you in the right direction (but not necessarily without a twist or two). :shock:

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby CapSmashy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:44 pm

My thoughts exactly Nick.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:01 pm

My guess is that any such camp is going to practice a certain amount of discretion. Best way to keep out the unwanted. Of course TOA was pretty open, but they haven't been around in the past few years, I think.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Velvetina

Postby Velvetina » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:23 pm

Ummmm Does that certain somebody have a name, Boyz?

hehe :twisted: *Evil Giggles
Somewhere Aware......Maybe!!

pinemom

Postby pinemom » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:24 pm

Miss Velvetina Sinner I'd like to introduce ya to Dedqgrl...............
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Velvetina

Postby Velvetina » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:30 pm

Ah my darling Dedqgrl How do you do & yes actual I do know that TOA is planning to come back this year and do what they do best!! http://www.geocities.com/laevatein.geo/TOA1.html
is their site.

But You can always visit 7 Sins Lounge as well , hehe

CapSmashy

Postby CapSmashy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:29 pm

Velvetina wrote:Ummmm Does that certain somebody have a name, Boyz?

hehe :twisted: *Evil Giggles

I knew you'd find us darling.

thisisthatwhichis

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:58 pm

BEND OVER!!!!.... No!!! my name is not Ben!!!!!!!!...... 8)
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

Velvetina

Postby Velvetina » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:12 pm

yes I could be sneaking or lurking in any of the dark corners, waiting for the prime time to jump out and tag that butt...
Btw, I'm looking to make a paddle w/ a V cut out in it,
so I can tell who's asses I've had
and suggestions?

ALICEtheGOON

Postby ALICEtheGOON » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:14 pm

Velvetina wrote:yes I could be sneaking or lurking in any of the dark corners, waiting for the prime time to jump out and tag that butt...
and suggestions?

I have a suggestion. :?

that little hockey stick thingy you beat me with ..hurt like a mother. :shock: :shock: :shock:

maybe next year use "NERF" paddles??? :wink:

Lukky

Postby Lukky » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:00 pm

ALICEtheGOON wrote:
Velvetina wrote:yes I could be sneaking or lurking in any of the dark corners, waiting for the prime time to jump out and tag that butt...
and suggestions?

I have a suggestion. :?

that little hockey stick thingy you beat me with ..hurt like a mother. :shock: :shock: :shock:

maybe next year use "NERF" paddles??? :wink:

Maybe like a throw pillow?

ALICEtheGOON

Postby ALICEtheGOON » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:37 pm

maybe lukky's axe..

nahh thats no good either

Toolmaker

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:40 am

Velvetina wrote:I'm looking to make a paddle w/ a V cut out in it,
so I can tell who's asses I've had and suggestions?

I'm a bit confused as to what you would like suggested.
But assuming you want a suggestion on manufacture of your new paddle...

A wood router can put the V in the center of a paddle quite nicely. Buy it, use it, return it. Ya.. I'm a shitbird for suggestin that but so what.

For a V shaped paddle one can use a saw and sand the edges afterward.

Assuming you want suggestions on who to paddle...

EVERYONE!! (except for me.. I'm more into masturbating like a zoo monkey)

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:46 am

See I assumed she wanted us to suggest a toy maker.

and I don't mean Giupetto.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

CapSmashy

Postby CapSmashy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:42 am

theCryptofishist wrote:See I assumed she wanted us to suggest a toy maker.

and I don't mean Giupetto.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... maybe a competition?

Whoever makes Mistress Velvetina the bestest paddle gets spared the field trials?

pinemom

Postby pinemom » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:04 am

Ya right Samshy....wish on!
But she is nice like that!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

dedqgirl

Postby dedqgirl » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:13 am

sorry been out.

what do you prefer to be called?

and as for the paddle, there's this awesome place near my apt here in baltimore called chained desires. they special-made my flogger (black suede with purple trim.... mmmm delicious), and they could probably special make what you're looking for, too. :)

if you're serious, i wouldn't mind getting in touch with you. i don't consider myself to be well-seasoned, but i have had one play-partner who was fantabulous at the flogging, but not so much at the just-friends-and-play-partners thing (i think he kinda fell for me, which was against the rules). his dad had a full dungeon, too, which was why it was such a damn shame when i quit seeing him.

anyone heard of black rose society? it's a very large east-coast bdsm society. my friend's dad was one of the co-founders. google/wiki "jack mcgeorge" and see what comes up. i was very lucky.... too bad i'm also too loveable. :(
A second generation hippie in corporate whore costume trapped in a white-collar world.

[/url]

dedqgirl

Postby dedqgirl » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:15 am

[quote="CapSmashy"][quote="theCryptofishist"]See I assumed she wanted us to suggest a toy maker.

and I don't mean Giupetto.[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... maybe a competition?

Whoever makes Mistress Velvetina the bestest paddle gets spared the field trials?[/quote]

what kind of motivation is that? naw, whoever makes the best paddle should get to be the test subject in the field trials!

[/url]

dedqgirl

Postby dedqgirl » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:10 pm

Velvetina wrote:Ah my darling Dedqgrl How do you do & yes actual I do know that TOA is planning to come back this year and do what they do best!! http://www.geocities.com/laevatein.geo/TOA1.html
is their site.

But You can always visit 7 Sins Lounge as well , hehe

oh man, i would love to check out that site, but alas, templeofatonement.org is somehow on my company's block list (gee!!!) And since i'm too poor to pay for teh intrenetz at home, i may just have to hack the system later. but thanks for the ref.

p.s. i don't want to come across as a hardcore bdsmer... i'm not. i just like being flogged... that's all. just like i like a good deep-tissue massage. i also don't do all the fetish-wear. mostly too expensive, but generally unnecessary. just some happy flogging for me, thankyoumistress

[/url]

bohemian dawntreader

Postby bohemian dawntreader » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:28 am

Greetings dedqgirl,

Last year, i stayed at Arachnes Web - a BDSM camp complete with Dungeon. It was a very good camp :wink:
Infact, as my birthday was on the same day as the 2nd burning of the man, i recieved a round of spankings from the entire Dungeon! Definitely a burn to remember!
j
What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?
Michelangelo

Quaestor

Postby Quaestor » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:48 am

This past year there were a few. Arachnes Web mentioned above was in the so-called red light district, and gave lessons. Also, Freedom Camp had what they called the Kinky/Queer trailer, which I think was well-equipped and open for people to use without guidance (I could be mistaken).

Moonpie

Dungeon

Postby Moonpie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:47 pm

"Playfully Yours" haa a great dungeon we visit every year...

Friendly Jen

BDSM in BRC

Postby Friendly Jen » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:27 pm

I hear TOA will be back this year...

Then there was leather sanctuary, and arachnid(maybe going by some sort of spiders web type reference this year)

Both offered classes, and usually have equipment for play.

flipper

Postby flipper » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:41 am

Of my three years this was the most "vanilla" Esplanade. TOA said they're coming only in even years.

There was sort of a kink/gay ghetto on the 3:00 side. Arachne's Web 2007 was not the same folks as Camp Arachnid to 06, though the same intent...
Burning Man is about being part of a community. Unfortunately, it's a community of people who can't get up before 1 p.m. - The Onion

Rat Bastard

Postby Rat Bastard » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:27 am

[quote="Quaestor"]the so-called red light district,[/quote]

Speaking of the 9:00 area, what did people think of it. Did you like the idea of adult camps being in one area? Did it make it easier to browse around for likeminded people? Would you like it to be done in '08 as well? Did the fact that the 9:00 and E-F-G area did not have kids camps around change anything for you? Were you camped in a redlight district camp?

I'd really like to get some feedback on the experience from others. I ask this cause I sparked the fireball which became the redlight district last March. How you ask? I started with one other Chicago camp that wanted to be neighbors then started writing all the others I could find on the '06 list that would fit into the concept of the idea. Then discussed the idea with the placement team. A few people jumped in and the next thing I knew was I was driving up 9:00 as I arrived to BRC and saw all these lovely camps in my neighborhood. Yum!

Oh, and Arachne's Web was two doors away from us (Libido Lounge).
Read my posts with a grain of salt.

Zorch
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Bomb Bay Tea Co.
8pod

Postby Zorch » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:57 pm

This is the first burn for the wife and I and we are still looking for a camp as well. Is there a BDSM camp that might want to put up with a couple of first timers?

Both of us are more than happy to help out any way we can... subbies usually are, right? ;)

John Vale

Temple of Atonement

Postby John Vale » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:53 pm

They build their temple every even year, and someone told me they'll be at the Burn this year. Right now their website, which is pretty cool, is :on hold".

I'm not sure what that means, exactly. Usually there's a statement that a web site's under construction. In their case it's been put on hold for a while.

???

AnkhGoddess

Postby AnkhGoddess » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:28 pm

[quote="Rat Bastard"][quote="Quaestor"]the so-called red light district,[/quote]

Speaking of the 9:00 area, what did people think of it. Did you like the idea of adult camps being in one area? Did it make it easier to browse around for likeminded people? Would you like it to be done in '08 as well? Did the fact that the 9:00 and E-F-G area did not have kids camps around change anything for you? Were you camped in a redlight district camp?
[/quote]

Well...Let it be known that, as I've heard from a good friend of mine who's been a part of the wonderful Temple of Atonement for years now that, yes, the Temple will, indeed be up and running in all of its glory this year at Burning Man. I'm not sure what website you were looking at, but their web address that I checked out works just fine, and can be found here:

[url]http://www.geocities.com/laevatein.geo/TOA1.html[/url]

Enjoy! ;-)

stephanie/phoenix

AnkhGoddess

Postby AnkhGoddess » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:47 pm

[quote="Rat Bastard"][quote="Quaestor"]the so-called red light district,[/quote]

I'd really like to get some feedback on the experience from others. [/quote]

Well, I'm a virgin burner myself, this upcoming summer being my very first burn (sooo can't wait!!!!) but, just thinking things over and using my own two cents about it all, I think that having a "red-light" district rather makes a lot of sense...one, it allows folks to be able to check out all of the delicious offerings that the world of adult pleasure in Black Rock City has to offer in one spot...there's such an incredible world to explore in this area, especially in a place such as Burning Man, and having all of the offerings that such a place can offer can give a person the ability to see and explore it all far more thoroughly than one ever could if they were left to just wander aimlessly and come to things by chance. I, for one, know that I am going with the very specific intent, for instance, to spend at least part of my time serving at the Temple of Atonement, should They find me worthy of the Honor of being one of Their slaves. The point is, it'd be a shame if there were places out there that people wound up missing out on just because they never knew such camps existed, and wouldn't know where to look for them if they were just left to aimlessly wandering and hoping to stumble upon the place that's truly right for them.

Secondly, having one, distinct place for all of the adult themed camps allows for parents who may not want their children to be exposed to such things away from said camps. Some parents have no problems with it...the head Domme of the private club I belonged to in Nashville, TN, had a 14 year old son who knew full well what it was his mother got up to every Sunday night when she dressed up and went out to play, and other parents out there may not mind themselves. But, there will inevitably be those parents who don't want their children seeing all of this, and Burning Man seems like such an incredible place for children to explore, that I really do feel it's important to acknowledge the wishes of those parents within the Burning Man community who may not want their kids exposed to such things. So, this is my whole-hearted vote to saying, Yes! let's definitely keep a red-light district this year at Burning Man '08!

Phoenix

Return to “2008 Theme Camps”