Stag Camp

Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:21 pm

humm well you can do what my friend from canada is doing she is going to fly down then buy all her stuff here... Only thing she is bring with her is Tent, Clothes, costumes, and misc camping equipment... all her food, water, gifts, etc... she is going to buy here in like Costco or Wal Mart. That way it is less expensive for her to bring everything on the plane... plus if you try to bring food and water on the plane they may try to stop you because of customs restrictions. Hope that helps you a little with your planning.... other then that go on the ride share portion of the e-playa and you should have no problem finding a ride to split with sombody from the la area if you give them gas money or somthing...

WAHOO I POPPED THE DOUBLE DIGGET PAGE CHERRY YEAH!!!!

10 PAGES OF STAGGERING GOOD TIMES!
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination

Lakshmi

Postby Lakshmi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:35 pm

I'm guessing that Stag Camp doesn't have a website. If my guess is accurate, do you guys plan on making one?

Lakshmi

Group pic provided by Larry Welz

Postby Lakshmi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Oh, also. Those of you from last year might enjoy this photo. =)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2324/1583566037_145caf15d8_o.jpg

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby Teo del Fuego » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:17 pm

so Lakshmi, when did you move from Colorado Springs?

Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:41 pm

We are thinking about making one right now the stag websight is this one below

http://tribes.tribe.net/stag_camp?_clic ... da5b65a%5D

and this one is stag 2.0

http://tribes.tribe.net/stagcamp2point0 ... 83cdb93%5D

I think stag should finaly make its own web page that way we can keep in touch better....who is in favor of trying to make a stag wikki page i think they are free... :)

anmx

Postby anmx » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:44 pm

Much thanks FMM:) I figured I might have to stop off for some supplies. wow this is going to be some trip. I'll check out the ride share..

Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:03 pm

No problem most people gear up in Reno if you gear up in LA you probley won't have to stand in so many lines and will just be able to blow right through reno... try to find some of the east coast staggers that might be flying into reno and see if you can do like a convoy with them... hey also check out the tribe listings above... :) it is the sorta offical stag sight.

Lakshmi

Postby Lakshmi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:33 pm

Teo del Fuego wrote:so Lakshmi, when did you move from Colorado Springs?

Pretty much right after Burning Man. I met a guy in my camp who lives in Boulder and he housed me up till I found a job up here. Been in my own place and with a job since October. =)

Somnivore

Postby Somnivore » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:12 am

The one morning I sleep in, missed out on getting in on the group photo :(
"Salt em and leave their little beef jerky asses laying around as a testament to the other little mother fuckers that are lurking in the shadows!" Big Worm

Somnivore

Postby Somnivore » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:14 am

I'm so ready to move to my place near Park County, CO I can taste it...
"Salt em and leave their little beef jerky asses laying around as a testament to the other little mother fuckers that are lurking in the shadows!" Big Worm

Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:02 am

Yeah i think one reason why i really want to stay on the west coast is cause it is so close to the burn and out here burners are overall accepted for what they are and there is a lot more of them it seems :). Plus i like the whole community out here it is mega cool!

Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:19 pm

LMAO Always gets quiet after i post...

Leslie218

Postby Leslie218 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:29 pm

lol. dont be too concerned. i kill threads all the time on various other forums.

¡Niers!

Postby ¡Niers! » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Hey all!
I'm back from my silence!
So it's official, Tom and I just bought our 2nd BM ticket!!!!!! So, for sure it's gonna be my lover Tom, best friend Sara, and myself joining Stag Camp!
Finally I can rest assured that we have all our tickets.
151 days and counting!! Fuck yeah!!

On a different note, I've decided that I am going to grow as many strawberries as I can this season and freeze them as they ripen. So that's gonna be a ton of red sweetness for staggers alike!
And of course, whiskey.

I'm stoked, it's getting sunnier out here in Oregon, and I'm getting more and more inspired in all facets of my life. I love the sun!!!

Twin, I bet you are stoked to get all those plants in the ground soon. I've certainly been patiently watching all of my starts, wishing for warmer nights.

Funky......good news about your testicles!!!!
Now you just need to watch your diet. I right there with ya, I recently found out that I have high blood pressure. Not too high, but still opens my eyes.

Best wishes to all!

ok

Crappypants

Re: Stag Wiki anybody?

Postby Crappypants » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:57 pm

Funky Monkey Mech wrote:Hey guys i was thinkng maybe since we getting so big and we talked about having our own web page why don't we use wiki media and make a Stag Wiki page... like disorient did...t

I am more than happy to help someone out with this idea, i work as a graphic and web designer and would be keen to throw some effort in, in my spare time.

In other news some lovely Australian burner contacted me out of the blue and offered me a spot in their car to burning man, wow it is great how things just fall into place. One less thing to worry about!
....the edge just has a better view.

twinwitin

Postby twinwitin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:38 pm

iNiers-Here comes the sun! I am getting so itchy to get into the dirt that I went out and took a panaramic pic. (3 actually, to see it all) We are so blessed. We have to wait 'til mid may to put things in the ground, due to frost danger, and I am having a hard time being patient :? . Sister and I will be doing some more transplanting over the next few weeks so that will at least get my hands dirty. Good news, our germination rate exceeded our expectations, hey you got any space??? :wink: ha ha

Plowman-How are you? I told sis the other day that she has to meet the nicest guy I have never seen before! :D

cheeky funky monkey-Yeah healthy testes!

Motsky-thank you for being 'out there' in cyber-space to answer everything!!!

Nikki-i hope you are getting rest and sewing lots!!!

To all my fellow newbs,get set up over at tribe(stag camp 2.0), it's cool!

Well, much love to everyone, will check in later.

twinwitin

Postby twinwitin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:41 pm

C. pants-I love the idea, just make it easy for us computer illiterate people! ha ha ha :D
love ya'

Funky Monkey Mech

I HATE BANKS!

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:40 am

FUCK BANKS!!! So yeah yesterday i applied for an auto loan as some of you know... and i started shopping around because the lady told me that " The loan is prity much garenteed... they just have to go through the motions and i can just pick up my check tommrow...." so i call to check status on my loan and the loan agent tells me i am denied because " You don't have a well enough established credit history." meaning that since i paid my cc bills and every other bill on time...But i never had a huge loan just a small 1000 loan so judging on the fact that i only have one loan and one cc i guess they think that i am not responsable enough or worth enough to get a bigger loan to buy a car HOW THE FUCK can you establish credit if you can't get loans for things cause you have not enough credit history established???... It is like saying " you don't have enough credit you need to do this to get more credit but you can't do this to get more established credit cause we don't want to let you" WTF!!! well time to look at other banks hope i can get a loan for this before the car i am looking at gets sold to sombody else.

Bin Noddin

Postby Bin Noddin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Think credit union, Funky. Ain't it a shame you're punished for being careful with your money and living within your means?
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

Leslie218

Postby Leslie218 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:32 pm

man, that sucks. i severely dislikes loans and credit cards and whatnot, but its just something that you need to learn to live with if you want to live in this society, unfortunately.

SuperNakedGirl

Gettin on the thread

Postby SuperNakedGirl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:30 pm

Hey Staggers-I asked and I received! Was welcomed to your camp this year by the super nice Montsky. This will be my 4th year, but am bringing a Virgin-hee, hee.

And banks, loans, etc. suck...

Have some interesting questions for you all-but i am off to rehearsal-try to be back on tonight with my virgin
There once was a girl, who had a curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
And when she was good, she was very, very good
But when she was bad, she was HORRID

lonestoner916

Postby lonestoner916 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Leslie218 wrote:man, that sucks. i severely dislikes loans and credit cards and whatnot, but its just something that you need to learn to live with if you want to live in this society, unfortunately.

That's not entirely true, I have never had nor will I ever have a credit card. They are a luxury, they are not a necessity. I have a pay pal account I use to get paid, and for e-commerce, but no bank account, and no credit cards. I hate them. 8)

plowman

Postby plowman » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:25 pm

Banks take your money and make more money from it, But they charge
you to keep it there by charging you for your checks, charging you for every ATM transaction, charging you for selected debit card use. So it costs you money to keep your money in a bank that already is making money off of your money. Why should you trust in that?
Some bussinesses won't take cash because they don't get their cut of the credit/debit kickback.
I believe in the all mighty dollar. Plastic is invironmentally unsound!

what is pay pal?

plowman

Postby plowman » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:51 pm

Twin;
Thanks, (blush) for the complement.

I want MOR!! We want MOR!! Give us MOR!!
MOR MOR MOR!!! (you know what I'm talkin bout twin)

SuperNakedGirl;
I didn't respond to your post yesterday because it was April Fools Day
and that was your first post.
Welcome to Stag Camp with open arms

Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:16 pm

Welcome welcome sorry monkey is not doing to well over worked under paid and since he is a good little boy and does not live in debt like most of America is not allowed nice things like loans for cars and is totally pissed the fuck off AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY IS IT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR A LOUSE LOAN TO BUY A VAN CHRIST!!!!! ok sorry i am going to stop ranting now it is 10:16 i just got off work 16 mins ago and i have to be back at 5 so sleep time before i go NUTS! lol
( Rant off )

P.S. I love all you but i might not post for a little bit as i am going nut trying to figure out how to raise 3 grand for a cheep piece of shit car that i really don't want and or 5 grand for the car i want ... which by the time i save up 5k will be sold... AHHHHHH yeah FMM needs a break from the world i will be back in a day or two. Right now i need time to relax away from everything including thinking about how i will pay for and get to the burn now that i can't get a fucking loan :( sorry guys i am just going nuts here it is not just the loan that is pissing me off but a lotta other things as well ... Will write you all and post back in few days if my head is on stright!

twinwitin

Postby twinwitin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:01 am

Plowman-you know it! I told her that I have started negotiations on foot warming! :wink:

Cheeky-rest, restore, and resource. You are so strong you will prevail!!

Yeah, super naked girl!

lonestoner916

Postby lonestoner916 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:11 pm

plowman wrote:

what is pay pal?

From: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm ... ut-outside

PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. The service allows anyone to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, bank accounts, buyer credit or account balances, without sharing financial information.

PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions with more than 153 million accounts worldwide. Available in 190 markets and 17 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce by making payments possible across different locations, currencies, and languages.

PayPal has received more than 20 awards for excellence from the internet industry and the business community -most recently the 2006 Webby Award for Best Financial Services Site and the 2006 Webby People's Voice Award for Best Financial Services Site.

Located in San Jose, California, PayPal was founded in 1998 and was acquired by eBay in 2002.

melancholy harlot

Postby melancholy harlot » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:55 pm

Alright yall... the reason I haven't been able to read the last three pages until tonight is that...

I've been off breaking my back making money so I can pay my way to the place where there is no money.

Oh, the irony.

Plllllllllllllease no more talk of money: I am stressed to shit about it, miss you all, am glad to see so many new faces (er, avatars?), would rather check in that:

All of our new virgins are reading the old stag threads, know what the camp is about, and are prepared for the pre-entry Scantron multiple-choice Survival Guide aptitude test??? (Joking, of course...)

Last time I talked to Stef she was communicating with a volunteer coordinator about a Stag Camp greeter shift. I still think this idea would be lots of fun... I'm sure she'll post more when she hears more. She is also working full time and taking night classes.

Heard from TJ!!! He's still plannin on making it out in full mountain glory.

Anywho, I'm off to my rockin' early bedtime for another day at work making Excel spreadsheets... Much love.
"Since we don't know where we're going, we have to stick together in case someone gets there." -- Ken Kesey

melancholy harlot

Postby melancholy harlot » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:56 pm

PS: Lakshmi, thanks for the great memory. DAMN we all look good.
"Since we don't know where we're going, we have to stick together in case someone gets there." -- Ken Kesey

plowman

Postby plowman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Pay Pal sounds good, BUT.
It is over the computer so it is accessable to the IRS, credit leins, and
Hackers who steal your identity as well as your money. Banks are the same way.
When I get my pay check, I cash it and stash it. It's kind of a treat to get to town and pay bills . I know I'm not getting interest on my savings (but
neither is anyone else)
If you can get past my dog, my safe, and my 357 magnum, then you can have my money. I won't need it any more.GOOD LUCK!! Don't like your chances though.
I believe that I'm living the American dream, I own 1.36 acres with a house on it, outright. I busted my ass and made double and tripple payments and payed it off in 1990. NO MORGAGE!!!! I took over payments
so I couldn't be turned down for a loan. When the last payment was made,
it was transfered to me.
I still have no credit, but that's the way I like it. No extra bills, no interest payments ( those cards will eat you up)
Earn it, Keep it, Don't let anyone take it!!

Return to “2008 Theme Camps”