New theme camp: Camp Dustification

tinkereese13

New theme camp: Camp Dustification

Post by tinkereese13 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:54 pm

Well I'm finally deciding to let everyone in on my theme camp. I wanted to make sure that everything was going alright before I came in and introduced myself. My name is tinker13. My theme camp is called Camp Dustification. I have based it off of last years Dust storms. I was being slammed to death by sand pebbles and my tent crashed in the middle of the storm. Anyways I had wittnessed many passer bys who didn't have even the slightest protection for being out there, so here is my idea.

I have purchased many of the the generic white dust masks so if anyone needs one who may have forgotten theirs at their camp can stop by and grab a mask, this is my gift. As for the souvenier factor, I have also purchased my own plunger stamp with a camp logo on it, so you all can stamp your mask, if you want to keep it. I have already submitted my questionaire and am submitting my plans tomorrow morning for my camp. So if anyone should have any questions feel free to drop me a line and I will get back to you ASAP. Thanks again. :wink: :D
"Follow the directions and directly you will be directed into the right direction" - Lewis Carroll Alice in Wonderland

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:36 am

dust masks are for asthmatics, and pussies, not necessarily in that order....

just ask the carp over at camp Dust Fish...
Frida Be You & Me

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:13 am

As an asthmatic pussy, I resemble that remark.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:18 am

Frida Be You & Me

tinkereese13

Post by tinkereese13 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:07 pm

:!: Thankx, for the comment Simon. Even if you don't want one I'm sure the other 40 something thousand people will get a kick out of the humor in my theme, even if they don't use them at least they stopped by to see exactly what it was all about!! And now I know more burners!! :wink:
"Follow the directions and directly you will be directed into the right direction" - Lewis Carroll Alice in Wonderland

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:36 pm

IMHO hankies work better than dustmasks, plus it can add flair.
Dusmasks only look good if that is all you are wearing.
Good facemasks with filter cartridges can look cool, but the diffultcy of wearing one outweighs the performance and style.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Frida Be You & Me

tinkereese13

Post by tinkereese13 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:05 pm

:) Hey thanks for the support. Much appreciated comments from the veteran burners. I hope to meet some of you out there.

jmk5

Post by jmk5 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:39 am

[quote="tinkereese13"]Hey thanks for the support. [/quote]

Support? Is that what the above comments are called? lmao

Personally, I think it is great that you decided to start your own unique camp and best wishes to you!
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
-Hemingway

JezebelinHell

Post by JezebelinHell » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:28 am

Are you a full theme camp (multiple campers) or just setting up on your own? Your best bet if you wanna meet people and really help out is to send folks out in duststorms with those masks. I got caught without goggles during a killer duststorm in 05 and it was hell. I ducked into some random dome to hide, met some really cool people who I hung out with till the dust cleared, and then they gave me some goggles on my way out just in case it got bad again. I don't know what the expense of getting some cheap goggles in decent quantites would be, but that would help out with the dustification a whole lot too.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe

SecretOperativeBear
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: BRC Recycle Camp

dust masks

Post by SecretOperativeBear » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:13 pm

those white disposable dust masks never fit right, just make my lips hot and pull the hair off my neck. who the fuck invented those things?

btw great idea =) im jesting

Dusza Beben

Post by Dusza Beben » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:Image
oooh! if you are giving out hot bandage chicks I am so there!

:wink:

Making simple bandanas might be cheaper and I know many folks that prefer 'em. (easy to put camp logo's on too!)

DB
Agripunk,
For the angry farmer in all of us.

Return to “2008 Theme Camps”