Black Rock International Burner Hostel

Peacekeeper

Black Rock International Burner Hostel

Post by Peacekeeper » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Hey y'all,

Irish here, filling in for the mighty Hagey, who is filing tax returnsand gnashing his teeth, to bring all international burners a message of HOPE and JOY - the Black Rock International Burner Hostel returns in 2008 for its 11th year of internationalised burning so truly inclusive, it puts the united nations themselves to shame...

Quite apart from being the undefeated champions of the year-on-year running fiasco that is our repeated domination of Apokiliptika and its lethargic allies, our mission, as always, is:

To provide international burners, particularly those arriving by themselves or who are new to burningman, with a warm safe base of operations from which to easily engage with Black Rock City at large.

Friendly, relaxed, easygoing and comparatively quiet, the BRIBH seeks to provide a great community experience for all involved, while steering clear of becoming an all out rave camp. Not that we’re against banging techno, far from it, but there are many dedicated camps that already do it way better than we ever will, so the BRIBH focuses on providing nice breakfasts, peaceful sleep, and much needed shelter from the sweltering midday sun…

Talking recently with Ali, FLoyd "Money" Mayweather, and the furious ghosts of Kublai, Patton, and King Kong, I was reminded that behind every victorious army lies a a well developed support structure... The BRIBH is no different. While the thin blood of our vanquished communist enemies stain the playa in the vicinity of the 3oclock plaza, members of the burner hostel retire to celebrate in the shady pleasure of our now legendary octahedral splendour palace.

So if you are from overseas, and come bearing gifts of culture, lilting musical language, and folk tales, please feel welcome to check out our camp, and if you like the sound of it, just let us know...

http://www.blackrockburnerhostel.com

Peace!! (Not you Kernul - for you there is only war)

Irish

roamer
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: The Rising Arms Pub

Post by roamer » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:40 pm

I second everything Irish said.

Hagey and The Hostel got me into the whole BM thing and I consider them family. I'm flying the nest this year but this Hostel Fledgling won't be straying too far; hopefully within hollering distance.

And I never got to taste Apok blood last year (had to leave the playa to transport a sick friend to Hagey's place), but relish the chance of dishing out some DOOOM this year.
Doing my bit to put the play in playa

mojo

Post by mojo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:02 pm

bump

roamer

BRIBH cancelled for 2008

Post by roamer » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Sad News

The BRIBH is cancelled for 2008 so please don't send anymore international virgins our way.

Details can be found here.

Good News

Hagey, Kiwi, Irish and the others that are the stressed backbone of the BRIBH can enjoy a well earned, long overdue, relaxed, chilled Burn with no responsibilities.

I'm sure they'll still do a bit (but under new minimal terms), as it's in their nature and generosity is difficult to cork.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:00 pm

They've earned it.

Dumb question--are there any resources? even just advice lists might be helpful.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

roamer

Post by roamer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:02 am

If you think individuals would benefit from the particular, honed advice from the BRIBH members, then point people in the direction of last year's BBS which is still available to view here and contains much advice and tips for foreign virgins. There is also the BRIBH Resource Wiki which is still young but is a distillation of the best advice from the BRIBH members.

If an international virgin somebody would particularly benefit from one-on-one advice, then I'm happy to field these questions. I've got plenty of stock advice emails that I've been using as a template for the past couple of years.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:23 am

I know that the internations peeps will be bummed, But ya'll worked so hard for soooooo long!

Good on you for a break!(over achievers club)

There are lots of theme camps that should welcome a pair of foreigners!

We, took on the Norweigens!
We wish we could host more but we cant...but with the amount of local to BRC, peeps...Im sure others should be able to step up and welcome on a pair to a handful each?

Here Fishy fishy fishy? woops sorry Fishy, I meant here herring herring herring.........?
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:34 am

Club Verboten salutes BRIBH and its service to The People.We began about the same time as our comrade Burners and cannot imagine doing such a large scale operation for that long.

Like BRIBH,but on a much smaller scale,we too have hosted Internationlist campers every year of our time at BRC.Ironically we had decided this year that we would forgo those invitations in order to achieve a more minimalist atmosphere and work load at our camp.

However if there are those from afar who had planned to camp with BRIBH and are now campless we can offer our dust and hospitality to a small number.Please feel free to post this at BRIBH bulletin board as well.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

BRC_Santa2003

Post by BRC_Santa2003 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:44 am

Hi ALL -- Santa Here --

Guess it is time for me to speak up.

Even though the BRIBH will not be on-playa as a separate entity this year, its presence with still be there.
There are several people that are working behind the scenes to insure that our FAMILY will remain.
At last count, there are at least 3 smaller camps forming to minimize logistics. Would not surprise me to see even more. They all seem to be wanting to find placement within the SAME general vicinity to make interaction easier.

Could this be an Introduction to an International Village in the near future? Only time will tell...LOL.

For those of you that believe that we are floating down the river without a paddle -- LET ME ASSURE YOU -- I Still have MY paddle that can be put to use at the strangest times.

Love to ALL -- Santa
VBSanta for a reason

Return to “2008 Theme Camps”