This Theme Sucks!

User avatar
Sail Man
Posts: 4516
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 am
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious
Location: 20 Minutes into the Future

Postby Sail Man » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:24 pm

littleflower wrote:i'm pretty sure such an experiment would evolve me into a bowl of jello ... preferably cherry. with chunks of pineapple.


The Captain can supply the Vodka :D
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.
_______________________________________

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

User avatar
Fire_Moose
Posts: 2488
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:40 am
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Contact:

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:50 am

Maybe we will see a bunch of guys that have a...

cube top
squared off
eight corners
90-degree angles
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

sillyjordan
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Postby sillyjordan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:44 am

somekind wrote:Did anyone of you visit my midnight classroom?
Image
Unfortunately, my student took the picture before I finished my treatise on the irrationality of evolution, atheism, and agnosticism.

I think it's a great theme (as good as any).


omg yay! This was my early idea for the American Dream (which never went much further than the "idea" stage). I wish I could've seen it. I applaud your brilliance as it parallels mine.

:)

Rolan Headon
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:30 pm
Location: Sonoma, CA

Postby Rolan Headon » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:31 pm

What's the difference between intelligence and stupidity?
Intelligence has its limits.
Am I on the right joke thread?
Was born late and falling ever further behind, will soon be in the lead.

User avatar
sattelite5812
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:04 pm
Location: Portland

Postby sattelite5812 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:15 pm

Oh yes, you're right on.

ANY belief (even Evolutionism) taken too far or too seriously is bad. Anyone else seen this? http://www.theonion.com/content/news/evolutionists_flock_to_darwin
:roll:

Personally, I'm sticking with the wider "everything is constantly evolving" interpretation over the literal Darwinism manifestation. Looking forward to seeing all the different translations on the playa!

User avatar
issimo
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Postby issimo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 pm

Ah, hooo... Creationists!
Silly Bookworms!

Shout out to the fittest and unfittest!

My galactic ouroboros wil bite you in the ass!
It will bite us all in the ass!
It bites it's own ass!

Singularity is ASS!

Hoo, ahhhh...
the horse knows the way

User avatar
Elorrum
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket
Location: Reno

Postby Elorrum » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:05 pm

how about primordial ooze liberation camp... no one goes in, but everyone comes out

User avatar
sattelite5812
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:04 pm
Location: Portland

Postby sattelite5812 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:00 am

There's a bet going on locally that the "unofficial" theme will be The Darwin Awards

User avatar
Marscrumbs
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: Bishop Ca

Post Burning Bush

Postby Marscrumbs » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:25 pm

After last year's horrible theme anything sounds good.

User avatar
sattelite5812
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:04 pm
Location: Portland

Postby sattelite5812 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:36 am

Amen to that!

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 28497
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Postby ygmir » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:45 am

issimo wrote:Ah, hooo... Creationists!
Silly Bookworms!

Shout out to the fittest and unfittest!

My galactic ouroboros wil bite you in the ass!
It will bite us all in the ass!
It bites it's own ass!

Singularity is ASS!

Hoo, ahhhh...


hey Issimo:
we may need to call you Nostradamus........

the above sounds like a "Mule" premonition........
A quatrain, as such............
channeling the "Mule" before arrival.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
Sail Man
Posts: 4516
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 am
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious
Location: 20 Minutes into the Future

Postby Sail Man » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:25 am

sattelite5812 wrote:There's a bet going on locally that the "unofficial" theme will be The Darwin Awards


That would kick ass :lol: I had a contender last night, superman tried to fly. His horizontal stabilizers didn't work properly, although vertical flight was flawless, albeit straight down :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.
_______________________________________

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
Posts: 13904
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe
Location: Palm Springs
Contact:

Postby Elderberry » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:39 am

Sail Man wrote:
sattelite5812 wrote:There's a bet going on locally that the "unofficial" theme will be The Darwin Awards


That would kick ass :lol: I had a contender last night, superman tried to fly. His horizontal stabilizers didn't work properly, although vertical flight was flawless, albeit straight down :lol:


I really don't know how you do what you do, but I am sure glad that there are people like you that do it.

I remember awhile back I came across this disgustingly filthy bum having a seizure on the sidewalk. I called 911 and the person on the other end started asking me questions about him and then asked if I could do CPR. I just told here that my kindness stopped at making the phone call, but if they couldn't get anyone out in time, the guy would probably die because there was no way in hell I was going to get anywhere close to him! YOU WANT ME TO PUT MY MOUTH WHERE??!!??!!

JK
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 28497
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Postby ygmir » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:43 am

jkisha wrote:
Sail Man wrote:
sattelite5812 wrote:There's a bet going on locally that the "unofficial" theme will be The Darwin Awards


That would kick ass :lol: I had a contender last night, superman tried to fly. His horizontal stabilizers didn't work properly, although vertical flight was flawless, albeit straight down :lol:


I really don't know how you do what you do, but I am sure glad that there are people like you that do it.

I remember awhile back I came across this disgustingly filthy bum having a seizure on the sidewalk. I called 911 and the person on the other end started asking me questions about him and then asked if I could do CPR. I just told here that my kindness stopped at making the phone call, but if they couldn't get anyone out in time, the guy would probably die because there was no way in hell I was going to get anywhere close to him! YOU WANT ME TO PUT MY MOUTH WHERE??!!??!!

JK

THat's a tough one, JK,
I'd probably be with you on that one..........

and, thanks to Sail Man for what he does, as well.....
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
Sail Man
Posts: 4516
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 am
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious
Location: 20 Minutes into the Future

Postby Sail Man » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:49 am

Why, thank you kindly, my good men. Many reasons why me and my colleagues do what we do, but most def. not for the money :lol:

Most peeps will tell you that they have a desire to help other peeps, and yes, even to help the bums doing the floppy on the floor.

jkisha, there are new guidelines out on the performing of cpr. The AHA is not teaching peeps to do mouth to mouth anymore as they figure more peeps would at least do compressions if they didnt have to do the ventilations. With compressions, at least the oxygenated blood in the system is circulated buying us time. Also, hyperventilation with O2 is being found to be detrimental to survival, oddly enough. Keeping the mouth closed also helps maintain a negative pressure within the thoracic cavity, which helps to promote blood return to the heart during compressions.

That's all for today, tomorrows lesson will focus on the Artery: A Study of Fine Paintings :wink:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.
_______________________________________

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40294
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Even before the change in standards, there were mouth shields you could use. Scott had one on his key chain.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

klondike_bar
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:56 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Postby klondike_bar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:34 pm

sillyjordan wrote:
somekind wrote:Did anyone of you visit my midnight classroom?
Image
Unfortunately, my student took the picture before I finished my treatise on the irrationality of evolution, atheism, and agnosticism.

I think it's a great theme (as good as any).


omg yay! This was my early idea for the American Dream (which never went much further than the "idea" stage). I wish I could've seen it. I applaud your brilliance as it parallels mine.

:)


boo! agnostics are awesome. (especially apathetic agnostics).

you should do that lecture on evolution though...ill bring you an apple

User avatar
Oldguy
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 12:22 am
Burning Since: 2005
Location: LiveOak Cal

Postby Oldguy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:32 pm

I carry a vent mask in my backpack. Instead of an ambu bag it has a one-way valve. In its plastic case it's about the size of a bagel. I also carry gloves, wipes, and other firstaid stuff. I worked for years on a med/surg floor. Old habits die hard. I've had my share of "codes" and not one was the same... :cry:

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 16903
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:49 pm

this is why i never leave home without a pair of wax lips.

Image
“Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.”

– Leonardo da Vinci

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters

burn,burn,burn 2016

User avatar
Sail Man
Posts: 4516
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 am
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious
Location: 20 Minutes into the Future

Postby Sail Man » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:47 am

Oldguy wrote:I carry a vent mask in my backpack. Instead of an ambu bag it has a one-way valve. In its plastic case it's about the size of a bagel. I also carry gloves, wipes, and other firstaid stuff. I worked for years on a med/surg floor. Old habits die hard. I've had my share of "codes" and not one was the same... :cry:


In the field the term "cluster-fuck" comes to mind :roll:
We either had not enough people, or too many. Throw in the elements, and a peanut gallery and it's sure too leave you shaking your head.

We have been involved in a study for the last 2+ years with a new compression device called the ResQ Pump. Damn thing gives me chest pain :shock:

Image

Comes complete with handy metronone to let your tired ass know when your not working hard enough :roll:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.
_______________________________________

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

User avatar
Kenny Z
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:07 pm
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: United Nations
Location: Reno
Contact:

Postby Kenny Z » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Yeah, I don't like this theme because I believe the children are our are future, teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be. Everybody searching for a hero. People need someone to look up to. I never found anyone to fulfill my needs. A lonely place to be, so I learned to depend on me. :shock:

User avatar
Absolut Jeenyus
Posts: 389
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: San 4ranc15co
Contact:

Postby Absolut Jeenyus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:01 pm

:roll: Oh boo hoo.
What's funnier than a dead baby?
A dead baby sitting next to a kid with down syndrome. :twisted:
-AJ )'(

User avatar
Marscrumbs
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: Bishop Ca

Postby Marscrumbs » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:34 pm

(oo)

User avatar
Marscrumbs
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: Bishop Ca

Four score and seven years ago...

Postby Marscrumbs » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Marscrumbs wrote:2009 is an vast improvement on the American Dream and streets named for cars. Consider this a personal or collective evolution of Burning Man if you will and not a Darwin Lamarck historical show.


"The Tangled Bank" This is definitely a Darwin anniversary theme.

User avatar
Finnegan
Posts: 662
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:29 pm

Postby Finnegan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:40 pm

boo! agnostics are awesome. (especially apathetic agnostics).


That may be true, but I am awaiting proof. Passively.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd

User avatar
The Drifter
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:48 am
Contact:

Postby The Drifter » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:25 am

No worries, I've heard the man has already burned and there won't be a Burning Man. I'm sure he's going to heaven though.

User avatar
oneeyeddick
Posts: 5590
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Location: Probably in your pants

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Absolut Jeenyus wrote::roll: Oh boo hoo.
What's funnier than a dead baby?
A dead baby sitting next to a kid with down syndrome. :twisted:



And wahts funnier than A dead baby sitting next to a kid with down syndrome ?

A dead baby sitting next to a kid with down's syndrome eating a plate full of hotwings without any ranch dressing. :twisted:
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40294
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:29 am

The Drifter wrote:No worries, I've heard the man has already burned and there won't be a Burning Man. I'm sure he's going to heaven though.
The man burns for all of us.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
sktELEMENT
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:56 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Postby sktELEMENT » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Nope, Creationists have only tried to take down Burning Man, and have bantered about abolishing this "Pagan tradition." If they still had their way, anyone that attended Burning Man would be burned on the cross.

I think it is ok if we have a little theme that only refers to FACT not fairy tale.

And besides, lets be honest here. Creationists are NOT truly welcome at burning man, and I HOPE this theme will repel them from ever attending. The only creationists I expect to run into this year will be holding large, extremely rude signs, while they scream and boast about me going to hell, while they brag that they are going to heaven.

Thank you, you theme naming, cowboy hat wearing, burning man creating little man!
Infect Me

User avatar
Finnegan
Posts: 662
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:29 pm

Postby Finnegan » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:13 pm

...I expect to run into this year will be holding large, extremely rude signs, while they scream and boast about me going to hell, while they brag that they are going to heaven.


Really? I doubt that anyone will see any such thing. I would immediately dismiss it as bad street theater. Hmm. Good idea, though. Thanks!

ps, you're going to burn in hell, heathen.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."

- Judge Dredd


Return to “2009 Theme”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest