EARLY ARRIVALS

Roberto Dobbisano

Post by Roberto Dobbisano » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:08 pm

burning man-ish?
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:24 pm

gyre wrote:Maybe we're downscaling burning man?
Center Camp was getting jealous
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:40 pm

how about we set all the camps up outside the fence?........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Killbuck
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Killbuck » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Downsizing... I'm all for that, but also for being upfront about it if so.

But the economy will do that for the event anyway
Visit SIDESHOW at our kewl website http://sideshow2017.weebly.com

littlewing

Post by littlewing » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 pm

EspressoDude wrote:
downscaling burning man?
yeah, F**k it. We are bringing 3 old couches, one of those carport-in-a-box things, and 5000 whipitts. that's it. Drop by any time folks!

stormfeather

Post by stormfeather » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:10 pm

BTW: Artica and the BRC Post Office are just camps, like everyone else.
And I know the Post Office received half of what they asked for.
They have to put up a camp and will have mail waiting for them to sort and deliver as soon as they get there!

Some official word (explantion!) on this mess would be nice.

It may not be the placer's fault -but a higher up decision, or lack of communication- so don't take it out on them.
Camp Sietch Grabrear & Shai-Hulud MV
6:00 and Fossil 2009
http://sandworm.tikimojo.com

The Spice Must Flow!

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:14 pm

I find it very curious how there has been no statement from the LLC about the shortage of EA passes or any real clarification on how they expect camps to be ready for opening with such limited crews. I also have no idea why we received what we asked for and many if not most others have not. As for the idea of those of us who received our requested allotment sharing passes, we also have people coming from all over, planning on being on the playa at specific times. Sharing would simply put us behind that same eight ball the LLC seems to have placed so many others behind. I must admit, I do get to feel a bit guilty, simply because its business as usual for us just like last year. Its certainly not a feeling I was expecting to have...
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

littlewing

Post by littlewing » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:14 pm

I agree! some communication would go a loooooong way. I think everyone must be on a retreat. they thought they had everything wrapped up for the year and went for a relaxing weekend at some hot springs or sumthin. boy are they gonna be surprised when they get back!
[size=67]** actually joined in 1999 but couldn't remember my password after so many dead brain cells[/size]

Playadancer

Are you still waiting for your Early Arrival passes?

Post by Playadancer » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:18 pm

What is going on this year with the passes are we the only theme camp thats has yet to receive all their passes?

Its our 5th yr as good little girls and boys in a theme camp but have only had 1/2 of the pass's emailed to us???

Anyone with the same stress?

Any news on issues?

fbcota

Post by fbcota » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Your not the only ones. So far we are short 4 of our early entry passes for our art project (only 2 so far)!

Roberto Dobbisano

Post by Roberto Dobbisano » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:47 pm

yeah, F**k it. We are bringing 3 old couches, one of those carport-in-a-box things, and 5000 whipitts.

i am there. Olde Tymee Burnerlicious fun fun fun.

camp wuh wuh wuh wuh wuhw uwh wuh wuhw uwh wuhwuhwuh.........gigglesnort.

DoctorIknow
Burning Since: 1998

Post by DoctorIknow » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:53 pm

I got ZERO. Been a good theme camper for four years.

Emailed the placement team,,,, hopefully, they had Sunday off (probably their last break for a while) and they can fix things up this week.

fbcota

Post by fbcota » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:02 pm

I think there may be a problem. We recieved all 4 of our early entry passes for our theme camp and only 2 of 6 for our art project. We don't have a chance in hell to build the art installation with 2 people. It took us 5 people and a tractor to take it apart today :S

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:10 pm

I wonder if Larry, et al, have been spotted in Bimini.......?.....

just sayin...........

perhaps, it'll be no rules at all this year?............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:17 pm

Mazatlán

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:19 pm

they offer yiddish toasts there?

or, flaming cocktails?.......

you are so cosmopolitan, Gyre........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:24 pm

either your favorite magazine, or, cocktail........

you got some learnin to do........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Just hold on while I look up cosmopolitan...

Seems to be a drink.
Hmmm......

I'm still looking for the Cointreau.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:29 pm

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:55 pm

I'm an old fart and had to look up whippet. Since 5,000 dogs would be too unruly, I demise that you mean drugs. Say it ain't so, Joe.

Street Terms
Whippets, poppers, snappers, air blast, moon gas, oz, poor man's pot, bolt, boppers, bullet rush,

Inhalants are volatile substances or fumes from products such as glue or paint thinner that are sniffed or "huffed" to cause a high. Inhalants affect the brain with great speed and force and keep oxygen from reaching the lungs. Animal and human research shows that most inhalants are extremely toxic. Perhaps the most significant toxic effect of chronic exposure to inhalants is widespread and long-lasting damage to the brain and other parts of the nervous system. The intoxication produced by inhalants usually lasts just a few minutes; therefore, users often try to extend the "high" by continuing to inhale repeatedly over several hours, which increases the risk.

Nitrous Oxide
Obtaining And Using Nitrous Oxide

Where To Get Nitrous Oxide
Sales are regulated under the rules of the Food and Drug Administration. Most distributors in the USA require a special permit to obtain nitrous oxide. Permits are issued to medical personnel and some food industry workers. In order to buy it, you have to have proof of either of these uses.

Nitrous sold for medical use is probably the safest but can be very hard to get for anyone not employed in the medical or dental profession. Students studying either usually have access to medical grade nitrous oxide.

If you don't have access to medical nitrous, food grade is the next best choice. A whippet (also spelled whippit) is a small cartridge of nitrous oxide used to dispense whipped cream.

Crackers are used to pierce a whippet and direct the nitrous oxide. They can be made of either metal or plastic. Metallic crackers are recommended because they will last longer.

Do not breathe directly from a whippet. Discharge the whippet by puncturing it with a cracker and venting the gas into a thick balloon. The nitrous oxide in a whippet is very cold. If you inhale it directly from a whippet it can cause frost burns.

Hardcore nitheads may want to get a tank of nitrous rather than buying small whippets. They can be found in various sizes with the smaller ones being preferred over large tanks.

Nitrous from tanks should also be released into balloons before being breathed in by the user for the same reasons as when using whippets, to prevent frost burns.

Auto grade nitrous oxide is made for cars. If you want to use it you have to filter out the hydrogen sulfide. If you are familiar with chemistry, you can try bubbling the gas through a strong base like baking soda or lye.

How To Use Nitrous Oxide
1 - fill a balloon with nitrous and sit down
2 - inhale 3/4 lungful nitrous and 1/4 lungful air
3 - exhale into balloon, then inhale from balloon
4 - exhale into balloon, then inhale from balloon
5 - exhale into balloon
6 - inhale from balloon and hold
7 - exhale into balloon
8 - inhale and exhale with balloon till you've had enough
9 - sit or lay down and relax

See also dangers of nitrous oxide use and the nitrous oxide f.a.q.

copyright © www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Books

Laughing Gas
This is a good book for recreational users. It covers the 200 year history of nitrous oxide with information on dangers, precautions, safe use, recent findings, and more.

Personal accounts and thoughts about the laughing gas experience are contributed by various authors. Illustrations by Robert Crumb, it also includes various photos and lithographs related to nitrous oxide. "

I was surprised at the new use of whipped cream nozzles. Or maybe its not new, and I've just led a sheltered life. No non-prescribed drugs for me.TYVM
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Nash
Of course!
Nice.

I'll just slip into the trunk.
Mustn't spill my drink.

howjon2001

Post by howjon2001 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Poor, poor passless me.

Actually the guy I feel sorry for is the one I was supposed to pick up from Greyhound after his all-nighter from LA Thursday night and then take up to BRC. His pass is for Friday, but I'm not sure I have the stamina to hang around in Gerlach for 48+ frickin' hours wasting my time waiting for my turn.

This agression will not stand man. Rush the fuckin' gate!
"As a dog returns to his vomit; so a fool to his folly."

**burn**

Post by **burn** » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:01 am

I'm a sorta old fart.
I mean, I remember rush.
I ain't talking about the band.

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:10 am

A pre-emptive strike to down scale for next year perhaps? This is the conspiracy minded, middle of the night sitting at work side of me coming out, but...

There were already a larger than usual number of camps flat out denied placement this year as officially placed camps and now this debacle with the early arrivals that if not resolved, will cripple the ability of lord only knows how many camps that did actually did get placed.

Since it is an agreement in terms of placement that you have your camp basically ready to go on opening day, it would be quite easy for BORG to simply make a list of camps that failed to meet their agreed compliance with placement (along with the personnel involved listed on the applications) and use that information to deny placement for next year.

Our only real option at Terminal City is to give what few passes we did receive to the bar which is still less than half the numbers they need to get it set up in time. It leaves the other camps within the village high and dry without the means to gt set up and ready.

The larger concern, outside of my paranoid musing in terms of cut throat politics by the BORG, is the even larger burden that will have to be born by the handful of early arrivals that not only have to bust ass to try to get something set up without injury due to not nearly enough hands on deck, but their having to take on the teaming masses of the land grab that commences at midnight 01 Monday when the gates open. We have nice real estate and a lot of it for all of the various camps involved in our village and I'm not sure if 7 or 8 will be enough to hold it adequately.

I mean sure, we can resort to barricades, fire cannons, jack boots and axe handles and truly live up to our online village monikers, but that would just get messy. If it is an underhanded attempt (my conspiracy side coming out again) to limit (discourage) theme camps for next year, I'm sure any attempts at trying to hold down large chunks of prime real estate would get squashed by the "authority" figures on appeal by the land grabbers who aren't necessarily going to care that the theme camps got fucked.

I do sincerely hope my paranoid ramblings are just that, for all of our sakes, not just those of my village. I don't know what kind of collective expenditures have been made by theme camps and villages that are seemingly getting shafted, but it has to be considerable in terms of cash and time for stuff we plan on just giving away for any and all who stop by.

I would say this is truly a case of the silence being deafening from the BORG.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:12 am

**burn** wrote:I'm a sorta old fart.
I mean, I remember rush.
I ain't talking about the band.
Mmmmm... poppers...

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:19 am

There's another thread already bemoaning the woes of the EAT debacle...

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:26 am

we are a village

that means that as long as one person gets in and sees the placer and the village gets checked off, the land is ours and can't be grabbed.

it is good that the individual camps in a village don't have to do this, in this instance.

I think it is a glitch myself, or the Kool-aid was a little stronger than usual at BM headquarters Friday and someone fucked up big time.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

fbcota

Post by fbcota » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:46 am

I got a pretty quick reply on my early entry inquiry. Sounds more like a glitch or a phased emailing of early entry barcodes more than anything else. Just wish I wouldn't have gotten the "all the early entry barcodes have been sent" email. Did a good job of taking a mostly calm if overwhelmed builder to obsessively worried, following mad paranoid ramblings, don't know how Im going to build builder!

If we end up getting our passes and get the art up then I will be more than happy to help whoever needs help to get set up early. Im sure the rest of the team will help too.

Roberto Dobbisano

Post by Roberto Dobbisano » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 am

or the Kool-aid was a little stronger

"JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DRINK THE FUCKING KOOL-AID"*

*actual minutes, verbatim, of last BORG meeting, on friday.

StevenGoodman

Post by StevenGoodman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:51 am

The message didn't say they were sent?

It said they were "processed"? "Processed" could easily mean they were "processed and entered into the email queue"?

Martini Steve
Playawaste Raiders and Megaton Bar and Grill

Return to “2009 Theme Camps”