EARLY ARRIVALS

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:19 pm

uh... nope, they are all still there...
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Kernul Killbuck wrote:This is going to sound like an odd question...

...has anyone out there, who has recieved early passes, had those passes disappear from your email?
Check your trash or deleted mail, it is impossible for someone to delete mail from your mail server. Now if it was a mail that had a link in it, then the link could go bad.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

ladykpurpose

Post by ladykpurpose » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Hey all, this is the BRCPO in Center Camp. We got shafted too. We only got half the crew we needed. When we appealed to the placement team we got ignored for days, until today, three days before we leave at which point we were bluntly told this was all we get. No explanation, no apology for hardship, no courtesy or respect for how hard we work and all we do.

We can't build the PO with the limited numbers they gave us, and the late arrival dates. They basically think we should be able to build the PO in two days. We are looking for any help we can get from the community. We have increase our facade by half again the size and it's a beautiful piece of art. We are feeling a tragic sense of sadness at the thought that we may not be able to erect it this year. If there are any of you out there that would either, be willing to trade one or two of our Saturday passes for one or more of your earlier dates, or could gift us an extra one of yours or would be willing to give us a hand if you are in there yourself, it might make the difference between having a PO or not. We realize that the bottom line always comes down to us. We are the burn, not the BMorg, and we are hoping that the people can make this happen. I know everyone is hurting on this issue and if if there is any wiggle room out there for anyone to help us we would be genuinely grateful.

Thanks, Lady K and the General

POWERCHAIR

Post by POWERCHAIR » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Last edited by POWERCHAIR on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm

I think my ulcer is going to do more burning than myself this year.

What a fucking debaucle this has truly become.

At least all the locals already got thier badges printed out.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:42 pm

D-LOT PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!

And we are bringing a lot of the Boobie Bar booze too!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:45 pm

thisisthatwhichis wrote:D-LOT PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!

And we are bringing a lot of the Boobie Bar booze too!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
yup, I"ll say it again:

lets set up just outside the fence..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:07 pm

Yea, it's almost like Fuckit..... We'll set up in D-lot for the event, I got everything I need right there...........

It's just a spot in the big dry lake bed............ 8)
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

POWERCHAIR

Post by POWERCHAIR » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Last edited by POWERCHAIR on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killbuck
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Killbuck » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Told numerous times we were approved for our requested passes.

So what happened? Where did they go? WTF?
Visit SIDESHOW at our kewl website http://sideshow2017.weebly.com

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:37 pm

Ok...everyone...plan B!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!~

Lets Go to the desert!!!

Im going camping....wanna go!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

ladykpurpose

Post by ladykpurpose » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:50 pm

Thanks, Power chair. We love you for offering and we'd love to take you up on your offer. We can supply bacon with that bread and and maybe a steak or two. We can't do this thing on our own.

It seems that the BMorg thinks they're doing us a favor and that we are all just disposable commodities. I'm definitely wondering what we all think we're getting from buying their retirement condo's for them when they can't even show us an ounce of respect or gratitude.

We just want to find the love again. It kills me that they couldn't even show the courtesy of an explanation for their decisions to make changes at the very last minute that are effecting everything that we have worked so hard on all year, nor could they acknowledge what we do to make their event a success. Yes they build the grid but what would that be if we didn't fill the grid? Throw me a bone!

What would it look like if we did all move up the road?...

I was just out on the playa in July to do a piece with a hundred plus other artists just past the 12 mile matk. Mark Grieve got a grant and a permit, ( he did the wheel arch in center camp and the temple a couple of years), David Best came along, as well as several other artists. We got together and skipped the bull shit. We had a blast and built a 40 foot high vase of flowers. No drama and plenty of gratitude and cooperative collaboration all around! We built a beautiful piece together. Most of all, there was an over all sense of respect and appreciation for every single persons participation and contribution. This idea that BMorg own us, our art and above all are doing us a favor. They act like we owe the BMorg something?... Perhaps they are the ones that are disposable not us. I definitely see how they are limiting creativity this year and creating stress and resentment. We can do better.

POWERCHAIR

Post by POWERCHAIR » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:06 pm

Last edited by POWERCHAIR on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paperboy

Post by Paperboy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:33 am

Obviously there is a disconnect.

That we are having this conversation is wrong.

When the city has to petition the government to do the cities work, and is denied, what has become of the city?

It is often said that 'attitude is everything' and i for one go to BRC because of that. Attitude cuts both ways. On the one hand you have the 'can do' attitude on this board, and on the other you have the indifference and non action back of my hand attitude from the bmorg.

I want my city back.

Organization is key. Communication is needed. I and some other like minded folks will be coming around to your camp to talk about this, and what we can do about it, after we do what we can to get our camp build.

In a way, this is going back to the days when you got there on the Saturday before, and everything was scattered about, and nothing was up before Wednesday.

We're not stressing any more, we're going ahead with our plans, it's far to late to change them. We're going to the gate with or with out the passes we asked for(less than half)and we're gonna have a good time. If our team gets in, so be it, if they don't, hey Looks like we'll have plenty of company.

See you in Lot D on Thursday the 27th, Crom willing and the creeks don't rise.
aoxomoxoa
in dust we trust

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:50 am

what about non-threatening action such as:

members of the theme camp, show up with and without passes, all theme camps together, and, just go in?.........would "they" bar the entrance?
If all, or most, of the "shorted" camps and folks did this en-mass, I would think the PTB would just step aside, if everyone just drove in. No one is going to throw themselves in front of the trucks and cars to stop them........

and, done with respect, and, with only those folks originally intended to be there early (I could see it taken wrong if a bunch of folks who just wanted to get in early showed up, too), that, a stand off could be avoided and entry achieved.......and, a lesson learned by the ORG...........or at least a message sent.......

not setting up would, IMHO, be counter productive, after all the camps and people IS US.
but, peacefully "storming the gate", might show that the event is bigger than the organizers........

just some random thoughts..
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:42 am

...everyone with a promised pass should show up. Then when we are denied, we can fill-up D lot (and the JOTS). That would really put a SNAFU in the Gate's operation (where would they send people?)....be pretty funny really, and maybe they would learn something (then again, probably not).

See you all in 7-10 days!
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:46 am

dragonfly Jafe wrote:...everyone with a promised pass should show up. Then when we are denied, we can fill-up D lot (and the JOTS). That would really put a SNAFU in the Gate's operation (where would they send people?)....be pretty funny really, and maybe they would learn something (then again, probably not).

See you all in 7-10 days!
Bring all your documentation! Don't leave home without it.

here is where you are going as of 5:30am pdt

if ya look waaaayy out there you can see a man a growin'
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:26 am

Bounce...bounce....bounce....
Yup were going to leave as planned.

have to.

D lot here we come!

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:30 am

Is "early pass" and "weekend arrival" the same thing?

The bus I'm traveling on is getting there Sunday evening (hopefully) but we're a couple of passes short, to go on and join the rest of our theme camp (Big Puffy Yellow, 7:30 & Chaos)...I read elsewhere today something that made them sound like two seperate things.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:34 am

yes the same CFM!

haha
we call them EAT passes....in our village..
Early Arrival Team(short for your gonna work your bloody ass off!)

But thats just us....

C.f.M.

Post by C.f.M. » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:45 am

Alright, I guess we'll be waiting out there with all the rest...if you see a white short bus with this tattoo

<---

on it, come say hi!

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:05 am

yes, strange things in email land...I have everything ive ever had sent to me from shadow dating back to 2006.....
Except for the last two email correspondances from her regarding the "issues" at hand.

So peeps...if your waiting to print out what passes you did get...DONT!!! hurry up and print them out...it may be your only chance!

BM.Org is sucking everything back from which it came.
PRINT OUT whatever # of passes you have.
Then you can scan and send them to the persons in your camp due one.

snake

Post by snake » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:28 am

ygmir, i like your thinking. storm the gates..haha. you ol' revolutionary protest marcher you. kinda reminds me of the indian take-over of alcatraz.

Killbuck

Post by Killbuck » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:33 am

It's tempting, but prolly not advised!!!

Especially since at this point the fat lady has not sung yet.

Whoever is at the gate aint the problem... there's something hardware/software and people diconnected here, and BRC is not the Palace of St Petersburg.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:14 am

NO NO NO! please be very respectful of the gate people!

They had absolutely NOTHINg to do with this technical glitch.

I suggest to all camps to have a list of REAL NAMES of whom there early pass people are. Call for your placer, and handle it with your placer. Not the gate peeps.

They are already working very hard, give them a beer instead of grief.

mojo

Post by mojo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:51 am

I know that in prior years, if one person in the vehicle does not have their EA pass, the entire vehicle must wait in D lot for that person to be cleared. SO - we are organizing our vehicles such that when approaching gate, we put those with passes in different vehicles than those that don't - no reason to hold up the whole crew.
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.

C.f.M.

Post by C.f.M. » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:57 am

mojo wrote:I know that in prior years, if one person in the vehicle does not have their EA pass, the entire vehicle must wait in D lot for that person to be cleared. SO - we are organizing our vehicles such that when approaching gate, we put those with passes in different vehicles than those that don't - no reason to hold up the whole crew.
Yup, that's why our bus load has to wait until the magic hour, didn't get an extra [email protected]#$% pass.

Killbuck

Post by Killbuck » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Gee, if he HAD passes that'd be a good idea.

Ruleryak
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Camp Awesomesauce

Post by Ruleryak » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 pm

I agree with the Kernul. That idea (breaking up the the crew so at least carloads with passes get in) is a good last resort for people that actually have some of their barcodes, but for many of us - we have zero. Zero passes means unclaimed land means all of the time we've spent advertising exactly where we are was time spent hurting our own camp. Not to mention the fact that the booklets everyone will get that say where we are and that address would be wrong so while we can do the landgrab after sitting 24 hours in D lot, there's practically no chance we'll get where we were supposed to be and a good deal of people we planned on seeing will never find us unless they happen to check with Playa Info and disregard what their handouts say. We can't be the only camp with this concern...

Granted finding space, building a camp, getting a health inspection and getting up and running all in one day on Monday is a bigger concern for us...

All I want is to come and give people things to do, art to look at and good food to eat... really didn't expect to have to fight so hard to get the right to give to the community (efficiently - I'm aware I can just go setup and give back but it will obviously not be the same going that route - and by not the same I mean not as good, not as efficient, not as pleasant).

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:38 pm

ygmir wrote:what about non-threatening action such as:

members of the theme camp, show up with and without passes, all theme camps together, and, just go in?.........would "they" bar the entrance?
If all, or most, of the "shorted" camps and folks did this en-mass, I would think the PTB would just step aside, if everyone just drove in. No one is going to throw themselves in front of the trucks and cars to stop them........

and, done with respect, and, with only those folks originally intended to be there early (I could see it taken wrong if a bunch of folks who just wanted to get in early showed up, too), that, a stand off could be avoided and entry achieved.......and, a lesson learned by the ORG...........or at least a message sent.......

not setting up would, IMHO, be counter productive, after all the camps and people IS US.
but, peacefully "storming the gate", might show that the event is bigger than the organizers........

just some random thoughts..
While I can appreciate the act of organized action, what I would see happening in a case like this is a whole lot of people getting a free bus ride off Playa to a detention facility for criminal trespass.

The representatives of local, state and federal law enforcement sweep the site and anyone not found with an early entry wristband goes to jail.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.

Return to “2009 Theme Camps”