Art Grants? Funding? Input Requested

toaster
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Sun Guardians

Art Grants? Funding? Input Requested

Postby toaster » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:47 pm

So, I have been working on an art project for playa and with a wonderful phone call I got a couple weeks ago, my soul is re-invinigerated and all riled up. But, now I am getting into the expensive stuff.

Now... my first fund raiser was a cherry-buster because as much I made went into overhead... that was frustrating.

Saturday night I am doing another one with elements of the project on the scene. The art project is at www.art23design.com while the fund raiser is at www.redangelvegas.com

Howevr, I am left wondering about other resources someone might be able to point me toward. Maybe some more experienced artist in this area can point me toward grants or other sources of funding?

Yes, I know I am asking a little late. Time is not my enemy with the status of my project, funding is. I'm a poor white boy.

My goal is at make 3k. I think I can walk with 1.5 on Saturday (quickly says a prayer).

So, open to any feedback.
Toaster
San Francisco, CA

(Living life running with scissors in my hand, wearing a plastic helmet and teethe-guard)

masho

Postby masho » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 am

Maybe try Kickstarter as suggested in the latest "Jack Rabbit Speaks"? Once you do that you can follow instructions for listing your project in the "donate to these projects" section of the main Burning Man website.

Cheers

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Token » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:07 am

Hook up with Pebbles and Bam Bam to borrow the art car with stripper poles.

Throw a Dinner n Lap Dance party, $100 a plate.

Hook up some cabbies with 10% commission on party night.

Connect with the Party Naked Tiki Bar crew.

Target Japanese men, they have good spending habits.

Spin some marketing hoopla with doormen and bouncers. Sell that shit!

Why the fuck is an LA dude telling locals how to work Sin City?

toaster

Postby toaster » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Token wrote:Hook up with Pebbles and Bam Bam to borrow the art car with stripper poles.

Throw a Dinner n Lap Dance party, $100 a plate.

Hook up some cabbies with 10% commission on party night.

Connect with the Party Naked Tiki Bar crew.

Target Japanese men, they have good spending habits.

Spin some marketing hoopla with doormen and bouncers. Sell that shit!

Why the fuck is an LA dude telling locals how to work Sin City?

HA HA HA.. I am Bam Bam's bitch! I worked those poles last year... I had to pay the audience! ha ha ha... I love them so much.

Thanks!

toaster

Postby toaster » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:14 pm

masho wrote:Maybe try Kickstarter as suggested in the latest "Jack Rabbit Speaks"? Once you do that you can follow instructions for listing your project in the "donate to these projects" section of the main Burning Man website.

Cheers

Thanks! I'll check it out. I must have missed that in the JRS... loyal reader here.

toaster

Postby toaster » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:47 pm

toaster wrote:
masho wrote:Maybe try Kickstarter as suggested in the latest "Jack Rabbit Speaks"? Once you do that you can follow instructions for listing your project in the "donate to these projects" section of the main Burning Man website.

Cheers

Thanks! I'll check it out. I must have missed that in the JRS... loyal reader here.

Got my project posted on Kickstarter and also posted a somewhat better rendering. Thank goodness I should have pictures soon of the project coming together.

Return to “2010 Art & Performance”