Goddess Light Art Display

LunaMoon

Goddess Light Art Display

Postby LunaMoon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:33 am

Hi there! My name is Josie Aka Articmoon and I was wondering if I could get some feedback from fellow burners on my artwork. My art was on display in center camp and was a bunch of metal work called "Goddess Light" It would be greatly appreciated to know if there were anyone out there who liked and appreciated it.

If any of you have taken pictures of it, I would love to see them and even post them up on my facebook page. It meant a lot to me to finally participate as an artist at burning man this year and look forward to the up coming year. I hope to share a new piece or pieces with the BRC community again. Coming to this event is what inspired me into this new world of art.

you can also Facebook me at Articmoon Designs.

Thanks!!

moonrise

Re: Goddess Light Art Display

Postby moonrise » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:44 pm

LunaMoon wrote:Hi there! My name is Josie Aka Articmoon and I was wondering if I could get some feedback from fellow burners on my artwork. My art was on display in center camp and was a bunch of metal work called "Goddess Light" It would be greatly appreciated to know if there were anyone out there who liked and appreciated it.

If any of you have taken pictures of it, I would love to see them and even post them up on my facebook page. It meant a lot to me to finally participate as an artist at burning man this year and look forward to the up coming year. I hope to share a new piece or pieces with the BRC community again. Coming to this event is what inspired me into this new world of art.

you can also Facebook me at Articmoon Designs.

Thanks!!

I looked at your FB page, I like the backlit pieces the most.
Can you use the LED battery operated candles for back lighting them? (the LED candles seem very realistic, at least the flame light they cast does)

I was camped close to CCamp, there was a lot going on there...honestly, a LOT! I don't have any photos, sorry.

I'll look more closely next year!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 pm

if your AKA is Articmoon, then why are you Lunamoon here?

( sorry, no pics since I don't know what your piece looked like)
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

LunaMoon

Goddess Light

Postby LunaMoon » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:42 am

Hi moonrise, thank you for the reply and for the feedback. I too was camped near CCamp. I was a part of AEZ - sub camp Go Sloth Go.

I remember how busy center camp was, my husband and I would pop in on occasion to see our friend's art display that was there too. There was always a crowd, I'm not sure if anyone got pictures of my art. I'm just hoping to get a chance to see it through others eyes with their pictures.

I did use the LED battery powered candles in my pieces, but sadly with all the surrounding lighting they had, it kind of took away the effect of the LED candles. Depending on the piece I make for next year will determine what kind of lighting I will use to enhance it. Possibly solar powered LED's of some sort. I will post on my FB what I have planned for the coming year once I figure out what I want to do. 2011's theme seems like it will be a great year for art.

See you up on the playa!

LunaMoon

Goddess Light

Postby LunaMoon » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:45 am

@ oneeyeddick - I had my AKA as Articmoon a few years back but forgot my password and had to re-register. And since "Articmoon" was technically taken I had to use a different name.

moonrise

Postby moonrise » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:59 am

We are the moonies OED! Wanna be a moon too? just kiddin' around oed...
~oh, yea, I survived btw...wasn't always easy but I dun just fine overall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lunamoon,
Yea, there was a lot of light in CCamp.

unsolicited suggestions...

What about "throwies" they attach anywhere, they're magnetic and peeps use them to create blinkie type graffitti in defaultia...I'd want raw, uncoated, bright white light bulb source, if possible, for BM CCamp!

We will be using them for The Pier for blue/green/aqua colored lighting underneath fbcots art installation, a 300 foot pier (eplaya thread is The Pier) there's a link to throwies in The Pier thread fyi.

Also could look up and or ask about bright led type blinkie lights in the LED glowie blinkie thread, viewtopic.php?t=4053 they know a lot about lights, including solar but hmmm...solar might be difficult in CCamp and detract from the Moon! just sayin'
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

JStep
Burning Since: 2011

Postby JStep » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 am

moonrise wrote:What about "throwies" they attach anywhere, they're magnetic and peeps use them to create blinkie type graffitti in defaultia...

http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Throwies/

Yay G.R.L!!!
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com

Return to “2010 Art & Performance”