Camp site?

followthroughforever

Camp site?

Post by followthroughforever » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:51 pm

I know I am posting alot of noob questions, Im just trying to be fully prepared and have the best experience possible. We are looking for some people to hook up with to camp with, and start / join a community. We are very laid back and open minded people. So if there is anyone willing please let me know :) Thanks!

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:21 am

Like minded? Like what?

followthroughforever

Post by followthroughforever » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:34 pm

Im open to suggestions

Tamino

Post by Tamino » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:31 pm

The OP said "Open Minded" not like minded. Open minded is good.

Each member of your group should read the survival guide at minimum and also read the entire preparation section on the BM site.

Your individual Burning Man experience will greatly depend on your camp mates if you go with or join a group. You should prepare yourself for extreme camping and the expectations with extreme camping. All other expectations should be ignored.

As a first time burner ALL your senses WILL be overwhelmed. It will take a while for you to adapt (say a day or two). Your group would be best served with a veteran burner or two in the ranks.

If you are intent on going as a group you should contact someone from your regional burning man community. Many have meet and greet nights for people interested in BM.

Where are you from? How many are in your group?
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

gyre

Re: Camp site?

Post by gyre » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:20 pm

followthroughforever wrote:I know I am posting alot of noob questions, Im just trying to be fully prepared and have the best experience possible. We are looking for some people to hook up with to camp with, and start / join a community. We are very laid back and open minded people. So if there is anyone willing please let me know :) Thanks!
You probably need to be more specific.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:49 am

Followthroughforever, I tried to send you a PM but it remains in my Outbox. Send me an email to: [email protected] so I can respond to one of your questions privately.

Doc

Return to “2010 Theme Camps”