Pleasures o. t. Flesh University seeking Norcal camp-mates

MaitreMaximillian

Pleasures o. t. Flesh University seeking Norcal camp-mates

Post by MaitreMaximillian » Tue May 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Update on Pleasures of the Flesh University at Black Rock City (www.pleasuresofthefleshuniversity.com):

Well, the University's agenda of offerings and activities are fleshing out; the first-draft, 3-d design of the campus is completed; and the application for placement is in.

Also, we already have a budding faculty with excellent credentials that are committed to providing much of the goings-on, and ...

We still have room for your contribution to interactive offerings, if you have an activity that promotes the focused, University theme, but ...

What we're still lacking is CAMP-MATES IN THE SFBAY / SACRAMENTO AREA who would be willing to work on Facilities - helping build the structures and infrastructure. Especially if you live in the aforementioned areas, Pleasures of the Flesh University wants you! :-) There will be room for you to reside on campus; just help build your dorm and some of the surrounding common areas. We're talking about tent-like structures - nothing fancy. Art will come later. Let's get the function under control.

This is NOT time-critical at the moment, and I have my hands full with organizing the activities, but I would like to put together a core of Facilities folks in the next couple of months.

So check out the site (www.pleasuresofthefleshuniversity.com) and drop me a note if it you think you might like to get involved (especially if you're near me :-) ).

Max

MaitreMaximillian

Post by MaitreMaximillian » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm

ANOTHER UPDATE:

It was great to meet and talk to so many of you in person at the Noobie BBQ in San Francisco last Saturday! In response to your questions along the lines of, "What kind of things can a new camp-mate contribute?" ...

First, I've posted a new page - "Teach, Help, or Camp with Us" - on the www.pleasuresofthefleshuniversity.com web site. That new page describes, in detail, the various roles that people are filling. A bunch of people are filling a bunch of roles, but I want as much redundancy as possible so that people don't become slaves to the camp; you want to have lots of time to see the rest of Burning Man, right? Also, since a generous amount effort is being contributed by people who aren't even camping with us, we have the luxury of accomodating more campers and distributing the work better.

Second, we're not going to need quite AS much help in the pre-event construction, since I'm taking care of the construction of the frame for the 60-foot main dome.

Check out the newly-posted list of 2010 Theme Camps! Thanks, Token, for spreading the word about that!

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:02 am

You guys say NorCal when you don't mean it. Northern California is, like, Redding, Eureka. That's why we have Jefferson State.
\^/
/..\ Furthur

MaitreMaximillian

Post by MaitreMaximillian » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:10 am

I usually use Norcal to contrast with the LA/San Diego area. But you're right in that San Francisco is only about 60% of the way from the bottom of the state to the top. Perhaps saying "Bay Area / Sacramanto / Central Valley" would be more accurate (because I want to include places like Modesto and Stockton in my reference).

MaitreMaximillian

Post by MaitreMaximillian » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:11 am

Or even better if I spell "Sacramento" correctly.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:00 am

Of course the Central Valley is east/west central and the Central Coast is north/south Central

Remember a few years ago when the tourist commission was declaring us nine little mini states?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:01 am

The funny thing is that a part of me is a citizen of the State of Jefferson, even though I am exactly what they don't want.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

TobeWilde

Lest you forget -

Post by TobeWilde » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:54 pm

MaitreMaximillian wrote:I usually use Norcal to contrast with the LA/San Diego area. But you're right in that San Francisco is only about 60% of the way from the bottom of the state to the top. Perhaps saying "Bay Area / Sacramanto / Central Valley" would be more accurate (because I want to include places like Modesto and Stockton in my reference).
Don't forget lowly Fresno in your Central Cali Valley reference! We Burn too! :D
<b>October Wilde - <i>"Tobe"</i></b>
Birgin 2010
<b><i>"I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself." Anais Nin </b></i>

alt12
Burning Since: 2004

are you affiliated with these guys

Post by alt12 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:11 pm

www.fleshlight.com

just wondering...

MaitreMaximillian

Post by MaitreMaximillian » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:03 pm

@TobeWilde - I ALWAYS think of Fresno when I think of the Central Valley; Fresno is the very heart if it. We love you guys too.

I didn't mention Fresno, because I didn't figure anyone from there would want to take a 4-hour (each way) day trip to the Bay Area for a Saturday work session. But if I'm wrong, WELCOME!

Max

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:53 am

"These grapes taste like fresno!"

silkrock
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Dilated peoples

Post by silkrock » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:05 pm

This sounds like a camp me and my friends would love to be apart of! I'm ready to join you guys today!
Have a Love-A-Fair with Life!

Silkrock

MaitreMaximillian

Post by MaitreMaximillian » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:42 am

Super. Start by having a look at the "Camp with Us!" page (www.pleasuresofthefleshuniversity.com/camp-with-us.html) to get an idea of how you think you might like to participate. Then shoot us a note at info@pleasuresofthefleshuniversity.com and tell us all about yourself and what your interests are.

Galaxo Magic

Post by Galaxo Magic » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:41 am

[quote="teardropper"]You guys say NorCal when you don't mean it. Northern California is, like, Redding, Eureka. That's why we have Jefferson State.[/quote]
Yeah, Jefferson State, could also be called MariJane State. :))))
Hail, Chico!

scott916

Post by scott916 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:07 pm

I live in Sacramento and I'd like to help if possible. Let me know if you could use an extra hand!

talito

Post by talito » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Is the website working? I couldn't reach it. Would love to check out what you're planning.

MaitreMaximillian

Post by MaitreMaximillian » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 am

@talito - Yep. I just tried it and it's OK. The URL is: http://www.pleasuresofthefleshuniversity.com/

Is that the URL you used earlier?

talito

Post by talito » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 am

yes, thats the URL. must have been temporary glitch.
will check it out now!

MaitreMaximillian

Post by MaitreMaximillian » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:30 pm

@Scott916 - Just saw your post. Have to be more careful when I read these threads with my Crackberry. Go ahead and shoot us a note and tell us how you'd like to help!

Return to “2010 Theme Camps”