Is your Camp placed?

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:26 pm

zorro sings wrote:We are not the secretive type and happy to let anyone know Club Verboten will be back at 4:30 and F.
Well Daftpunk be playing again this year? :D

klark44

Post by klark44 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:01 pm

[img]http://people.tribe.net/dc15032c-0a9c-4 ... c9588853a6] Fire and is placed at 9:00 and Athens come and make some art. still looking for some help with the firings and the sculpture during the day five spaces available.[/img]
Klark Raetz is Fire and Mud
stability is an illusion of the moment

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:13 pm

CapSmashy wrote:
zorro sings wrote:We are not the secretive type and happy to let anyone know Club Verboten will be back at 4:30 and F.
Will Daftpunk be playing again this year? :D
Cap,Thanks for bringing that up.Unfortunately contract negotiations broke down.After paying $1.2 million last year they wanted $1.8 this year.As our gate receipts last year was $0 we just did not see this being economically viable.However we will have a Daft Punk/Kraftwerk Night on Thursday in which the music will be played ON CDS!!!!!!! See you soon.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:00 pm

zorro sings wrote:we will have a Daft Punk/Kraftwerk Night on Thursday in which the music will be played ON CDS!!!!!!!
ever since seeing New Order in the 80's (and walking out because they were so boring), I think CD's are the right way to hear certain bands. Kraftwerk is definitely one of those- and I love Kraftwerk.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

zachass

Post by zachass » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Howdy neighbor. Come ring the bell at Bell Camp - also at 4:30 & F.
Treat people like you want to be treated. Really...it's simple and it [i]actually works[/i]

PrincessLea

Post by PrincessLea » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:59 pm

[quote="Shaman-n-KK"]WOOT! Camp Who?Ville has been placed! Scar, I believed in you the whole time! wink Well be at 9:00 & A = awesome! See you soon friends![/quote]

Yayer! You're right next to Mountain Mayhem! Were at 9 and A too! Hooray :)

igor47

Post by igor47 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:03 am

[quote="CapSmashy"]
Well Daftpunk be playing again this year? :D[/quote]

oh god. don't you know that "Daft" and "Punk" are two words that should never be spoken out loud together on the playa?

Dr Dilemma
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Paradise Motel

Post by Dr Dilemma » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 am

Paradise Motel has been placed at Edinburgh & 7:30 and will have a space of 100 x 100.

The Chinese

Post by The Chinese » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:26 am

bigbluedoggy wrote:
The Chinese wrote:Transmorphagon is returning to 3Oclock & Esplanade portal.... I think that's the same addy we had last year, don't remember the "Portal Part". But nonetheless, we're back home and ready to Bring the FUNK!!!!!!

Chinese
Hey Chino, I think a Portal placement indicates you are on one of the two sides of the triangular portal as opposed to facing the Esplanade directly. Still a great spot and I could be wrong...
you could be right, but it's all good. Hopefully were on the corner, maybe in your old spot... but the stage will beckon. I will say having only one side of frontage would be easier, although we totally prepped for 2.

chino
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....

silkkat813
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Post by silkkat813 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:09 am

Couch Burners at Florence and 5:00.

Awesome! Just went to Florence for my first time a few weeks ago and it is now my favorite European city! Perfect.

Stop by to say hi to Fred:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=669728212
*taking the long way HOME*

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:47 am

Home Brew 4A Home Brew
3:00 and Ring Road
:D

Das Bus

Post by Das Bus » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:19 am

Kidsville 5:30 & D
Medicated and Motivated!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:39 am

Eric wrote:
zorro sings wrote:we will have a Daft Punk/Kraftwerk Night on Thursday in which the music will be played ON CDS!!!!!!!
ever since seeing New Order in the 80's (and walking out because they were so boring), I think CD's are the right way to hear certain bands. Kraftwerk is definitely one of those- and I love Kraftwerk.
When I was a teen in the 70s, I would go over to my brother's apartment, put on the headphones and lie on the coffee table listening to Kraftwerk. This is about when I discovered I couldn't be near smotpoke, but little quarter hits of acid were way cool.

I miss acid.....

onemandown

Anyone still not heard?

Post by onemandown » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:01 am

As we hit the 36 hour mark... Starting to worry as we haven't heard. Anyone else in the boat?

Trey
Frogma

Sunkix4

Post by Sunkix4 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:34 am

Come get your Rootbeer Floats from Colonel'sFrothyFrozenFortuneFloats at 7:30 Portal!!!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Boijoy wrote:How the hell do you pee an inch worth?? :lol:
The pee-funnels in question were made from clear plastic cups with a hole in the bottom and a piece of hose was put through the hole and siliconed to the cup. The hoses were not cut flush or even close to flush to the bottom of the cup. It was a flawed design.

IMHO>
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Sail Man
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:22 am

Boijoy wrote:I think there is a way to make a pee funnel from a paper plate. I will research. hold please.
The plate? :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Sail Man
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:32 am

goathead wrote:Home Brew 4A Home Brew
3:00 and Ring Road
:D
Hot damn! That oughta be within staggering distance from Detroit
Das Bus wrote:Kidsville 5:30 & D
And to think we drive 2100 miles and we're still in the D not to mention I'll be wrasslin with my local's for rights to steal that sign :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:32 am

Eric wrote:...ever since seeing New Order in the 80's (and walking out because they were so boring), I think CD's are the right way to hear certain bands.
but they pushed the start buttons and managed those floppies so well!
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Eric

Post by Eric » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:34 pm

dragonfly Jafe wrote:
Eric wrote:...ever since seeing New Order in the 80's (and walking out because they were so boring), I think CD's are the right way to hear certain bands.
but they pushed the start buttons and managed those floppies so well!
No, they didn't. That's the sad part. They stood there looking bored & boring the audience. Wasn't worth my time. Luckily the opening band (Throwing Muses) was great, so we got our moneys worth.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

onemandown

Frogma at Cairo & 4:30

Post by onemandown » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Happy to say that my worries were ill founded. The email was already in our campmate's inbox, they just happened to be out of the country.

Frogma will be back in the neighborhood at Cairo & 4:30. Stop by for Hoppy Hour and get your ice cold Frogarita any day mon-thurs from 5-7.

Can't wait to see you all in the dust.

T

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:43 pm

klark44 wrote:Image

There ya go klark44.

Second edit: It must be an incomplete URL. I tried to post the pic, but alas,,,, sighhhhhh
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

Eric

Post by Eric » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Trishntek wrote:Second edit: It must be an incomplete URL. I tried to post the pic, but alas,,,, sighhhhhh
It's not a picture, I just checked. It's a link to his Tribe page.

Klark, if you want the page linked, make sure you enable "bbs code" for that post (or in your profile for all posts and be done with it). Then use the "url" tag, not the image tag.

However, this page won't even link as a url, I tried. It's on the Tribe side, not this side since I was able to copy the url & open his page.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Jwen

My camp address is no longer.

Post by Jwen » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:14 pm

So we have camped at 9:45 and F every year for the last 6 years. This last year 2009 we were kicked out by nexus. Now A giant camp has totally taken over both sides of F. If it is Nexus, great we will be picking up there blowing moop all week long. I think we might just have to protest. Now all of my burner friends are going to come looking for us, and they are going to find us no where. Moopers suck.

gidget

Post by gidget » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:08 pm

C.R.T.T. (Castra Roto Thema Thematis) is at Esplanade & 7:00 this year!

Our theme/events change daily, sometimes hourly... lots of (mostly) daytime fun!
gidget is gadgety-good!

clerkkent

difference in addresses?

Post by clerkkent » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:05 am

If there are two camps, with addresses of (example) 4:00 & F and an address of F & 4:00 , respectively, would the first address indicate you are on the 4:00 spoke near F ring, whereas the the second address indicates you are on the F ring, near the 4:00 spoke?

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Re: difference in addresses?

Post by bigbluedoggy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:13 am

clerkkent wrote:If there are two camps, with addresses of (example) 4:00 & F and an address of F & 4:00 , respectively, would the first address indicate you are on the 4:00 spoke near F ring, whereas the the second address indicates you are on the F ring, near the 4:00 spoke?
Yes, you are correct. The first street is your frontage. If you are a corner, your Placer will likely let you know, or you can ask to be sure. Addresses given are mostly approximate.
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located at Esplanade and 3:00 in 2018!

NyxValentine

Re: Frogma at Cairo & 4:30

Post by NyxValentine » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:11 am

onemandown wrote:Frogma will be back in the neighborhood at Cairo & 4:30. Stop by for Hoppy Hour and get your ice cold Frogarita any day mon-thurs from 5-7.
Hi there neighbor! :)
www.incendiaryintent.com

dj_john69
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Apex

Re: My camp address is no longer.

Post by dj_john69 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Jwen wrote:So we have camped at 9:45 and F every year for the last 6 years. This last year 2009 we were kicked out by nexus. Now A giant camp has totally taken over both sides of F. If it is Nexus, great we will be picking up there blowing moop all week long. I think we might just have to protest. Now all of my burner friends are going to come looking for us, and they are going to find us no where. Moopers suck.
The same thing happened to me. I have camped on 9 o'clock for 10+ years and the placers fucking knocked us out year after year. It sucks.
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: difference in addresses?

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:25 pm

bigbluedoggy wrote:
clerkkent wrote:If there are two camps, with addresses of (example) 4:00 & F and an address of F & 4:00 , respectively, would the first address indicate you are on the 4:00 spoke near F ring, whereas the the second address indicates you are on the F ring, near the 4:00 spoke?
Yes, you are correct. The first street is your frontage. If you are a corner, your Placer will likely let you know, or you can ask to be sure. Addresses given are mostly approximate.
Something to think about is that the city isn't even laid out yet. So it's totally an imaginary estate at this point in time. When the streets are laid out, the placers run out and divide the camping space in their neighborhood. Kinda weird, now that I think about it.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Return to “2010 Theme Camps”