Love to all Theme Camp Leaders

veleda

Love to all Theme Camp Leaders

Post by veleda » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 am

I just spent a 20 hour burning man day followed by a 18 hour burning man day..and my eyes hurt..and my brain is the consistency of stale oatmeal..

and i'm feeling that sense of community with all of you across the nation preparing your camps...working through the difficulties with your campmates... creating..bleeding..loving..sharing..becoming..

I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring forth and sharing the fruits of our village..

Dusty Luv;
Veleda
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Re: Love to all Theme Camp Leaders

Post by Trishntek » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:51 am

veleda wrote:I just spent a 20 hour burning man day followed by a 18 hour burning man day..and my eyes hurt..and my brain is the consistency of stale oatmeal..

and i'm feeling that sense of community with all of you across the nation preparing your camps...working through the difficulties with your campmates... creating..bleeding..loving..sharing..becoming..

I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring forth and sharing the fruits of our village..

Dusty Luv;
Veleda
Welcome to my world,,,, for the past 6 months or so,,,,
whatever it becomes,,, any theme camp is an artful orgasm,,, errrr organic creation with its own unique life cycle. Congratulations to everyone who is masochistic enough to sponsor a camp!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

POWERCHAIR

Post by POWERCHAIR » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:30 pm

If thy only had a party for those of us so stupid to be camp leaders/cat herders. :D
Its more work than working five default world jobs.

Maybe we can send all the camp wieners & slackers to camp D lot for the weak of the burn?

Pyramis
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Home Free Dome

Post by Pyramis » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:20 am

O sweet commiseration...

Thanks, Veleda. This lifted my spirits a bit after a few days of experiencing how big of assholes my best friends can be... :wink:

kiuney

Post by kiuney » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:15 am

Thank you as well... appreciation is always welcome. :)
Deviant Playground
www.deviantplayground.org
"Scarred for Life...Again."

alt12
Burning Since: 2004

Post by alt12 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:30 am

POWERCHAIR wrote:If thy only had a party for those of us so stupid to be camp leaders/cat herders. :D

Maybe we can send all the camp wieners & slackers to camp D lot for the weak of the burn?
I think its a great idea. We should throw a party....Always fun to share horror stories with other camp leaders....but somehow I think we'd find away to turn the party into one giant ambitious logistical cluster-fuck....

sierra_kink

Post by sierra_kink » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:50 am

I've declared this a personal "low stress" year. Sure I work my ass off but I would even if I didn't have a theme camp. It's the high school drama I choose to ignore. Work it out or stay home. If you take it to the playa, take it to Thunderdome. My biggest problem is going to be "How do I drink this drink with a random titty in my mouth?"

You know you thought about giving up... but you didn't. I couldn't agree more Veleda. A fuzzy, glowing hat's off to your endurance for the sake of the community.

MrZen

Post by MrZen » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:58 am

Valeda,
Keep up the good work, girl. Come by 7:30/Athens if you need to relax & rejuvinate. Zen (American Dream?)
ZenLovesYou...

HandJamMasterC
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Post by HandJamMasterC » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 am

If thy only had a party for those of us so stupid to be camp leaders/cat herders.
True, but it's a labor of love, is it not? I've been building our theme camp ever since the last Burn ended, when a cute coed from San Diego named Katie gave me a tinplate pirate bar sign. I thought " I need to do something with this sign for the next Burn ". The sign that launched a theme camp - HA !

The cat herding just comes with the territory.
CAMP D.O.A.

Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy...........

https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/

The Chinese

Post by The Chinese » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:49 am

Y'know after last year, I genuinely felt I was not going to come back and Do Transmorphagon this year- I wanted to take a year off... but some people found me, and I found some other people that inspired, rejuvenated, and made me realize that I had to make another Run... and it's been the greatest of them all so far.

Thanks Veleda, I hope to spend some time in your space next week!!!

Chino
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....

Paulie_BELL CAMP

Welcome to...

Post by Paulie_BELL CAMP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 am

Welcome to Smoldering Piles of Ashes Bank Account Tuesday.
Can yooooo dig it!

veleda

Post by veleda » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:08 am

"I think its a great idea. We should throw a party....Always fun to share horror stories with other camp leaders....but somehow I think we'd find away to turn the party into one giant ambitious logistical cluster-fuck..."

WELL THAT OR WE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD. :)
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village

Return to “2010 Theme Camps”