Was there ever a Phish camp?

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

now in "CASA" vision!

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:08 pm

DANCE BREAK!

[youtube][/youtube]

oh yeah......that was good....now i feel like nixon in 68'....tanned, rested and ready.
Frida Be You & Me

Kentalope

Post by Kentalope » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Dude, you're just digging in deeper and making yourself look like an even bigger fool than before. I'm not going to defend a band, but basically, you're wrong on every single "point" you've made. How are you so sure about what I look like and what clothes I wear? And more importantly, why are you so obsessed with it? You. Don't. Know. What. You're. Talking. About. If you ever go see the band (I know you won't, but for the sake of argument) you would (well, maybe) see how dumb everything you've said up until this point has been. You're throwing out cliches and stereotypes based off either something you've read (hard to believe) or what people have told you. It's garbage. Everything you've said is complete garbage.

I'll repeat this one more time. Just because I like Phish doesn't mean that's all I listen to. I'm really not sure why you can't grasp this idea. It's like talking to a 5 year old. Honestly. I'm allowed to like LCD Soundsystem, Mars Volta, Pretty Lights, Primus and Animal Collective just the same.

And just for the record, I own neither Birkenstocks nor Teva's...and I never have. Just by the nature of your words makes you the "stereotype."

Snow

Post by Snow » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Pretty Lights BWAHAHAHAHA

I hope you have lots of boiling henna on hand your camp is gonna need it.
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam

Kentalope

Post by Kentalope » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Wow. Should I just list all the music I like so all my "kind playa brothers and sisters" can just rip on my musical taste? That'd be productive. For you guys, I mean. We want you to feel better about yourselves and all that.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus.

Kentalope

Post by Kentalope » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm

And for the record I was just throwing out a few random things I'd seen recently. Pretty Lights wasn't horrible. I had fun and so did most people there it seemed. Sorry.

Snow

Post by Snow » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:50 pm

At least you can admit the pretty lights was a bad idea. Hope you have fun at the four mile benefit, you did get tix right? Damn CO scenster techno hippie.

And for god's sake if a woman ever wants to show you her grilled cheese incident, run, don't walk, RUN away.
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:20 am

And for god's sake if a woman ever wants to show you her grilled cheese incident, run, don't walk, RUN away.
Not as scary as a grilled yeast incident.

John Noggin

Post by John Noggin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:23 am

Boo to Phish Theme camp.

Hazzah to fish tacos!
Born to kill, Live to die. -U.S.S. Vigilante

I'll tolerate your hobbies if you'll tolerate mine. -Guns and Dope Party

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:48 am

Isotopia wrote:
Not as scary as a grilled yeast incident.
You're just trying to get a rise out of us.

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:14 am

Phish has some good songs. And my favourite ice cream.

There's also some Grateful Dead in between my Christian Death, Spice Girls and John Denver.

So suck it.

You should take the stereotypes and run with it.

But be prepared to have all of your sound equipment pissed on.

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 1986

Post by junglesmacks » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:25 am

Laughing Forest wrote:Praise Be!

I would so love it if there were a Phish camp.

I can't imagine anything that would bring about a more appropriate correction against the haters of People of Light.

can..barely..type..laughing..so..hard................................................................
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

David M

Post by David M » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:16 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Simon of the Playa

heres a Fish that Shreds "it"

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:33 am

[youtube][/youtube]
Frida Be You & Me

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:34 am

Kentalope wrote:Dude, you're just digging in deeper and making yourself look like an even bigger fool than before. I'm not going to defend a band, but basically, you're wrong on every single "point" you've made. How are you so sure about what I look like and what clothes I wear? And more importantly, why are you so obsessed with it? You. Don't. Know. What. You're. Talking. About. If you ever go see the band (I know you won't, but for the sake of argument) you would (well, maybe) see how dumb everything you've said up until this point has been. You're throwing out cliches and stereotypes based off either something you've read (hard to believe) or what people have told you. It's garbage. Everything you've said is complete garbage.

I'll repeat this one more time. Just because I like Phish doesn't mean that's all I listen to. I'm really not sure why you can't grasp this idea. It's like talking to a 5 year old. Honestly. I'm allowed to like LCD Soundsystem, Mars Volta, Pretty Lights, Primus and Animal Collective just the same.

And just for the record, I own neither Birkenstocks nor Teva's...and I never have. Just by the nature of your words makes you the "stereotype."

Dude, don't rag on him. YER the one that likes Phish...
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

RichieRiot

Post by RichieRiot » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:37 am

I say, make your Phish camp if you want. It's your thing. Who the fuck cares. I thought one of the points of BM was self-expression. If people don't like it, they will walk away. That is what I would most likely do, as it is not my thing.

I'm not defending him, just the idea.

I'm not a phish fan. I mostly listen to 77' era punk, but there was also a time that I had followed the Greatful Dead, so I have a very diverse taste in music. But I am not about to start a Sex Pistols camp, I'm just not into pushing my music on others and telling them they are wrong.

Just a suggestion... if Phish is your thing, then start a camp based around music of that genre. Including other bands music like WSP or the Dead.

I am sure the house or techno camps don't play the same musician all night long (although it may sound like it at times)

Just my 2 cents.

By the way, I love the albums Eric. The "Songs for Gay Dogs" one just made my day.

C.f.M.
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 am

RichieRiot wrote:I say, make your Phish camp if you want. It's your thing. Who the fuck cares. I thought one of the points of BM was self-expression. If people don't like it, they will walk away. That is what I would most likely do, as it is not my thing.

I'm not defending him, just the idea.

I'm not a phish fan. I mostly listen to 77' era punk, but there was also a time that I had followed the Greatful Dead, so I have a very diverse taste in music. But I am not about to start a Sex Pistols camp, I'm just not into pushing my music on others and telling them they are wrong.

Just a suggestion... if Phish is your thing, then start a camp based around music of that genre. Including other bands music like WSP or the Dead.

I am sure the house or techno camps don't play the same musician all night long (although it may sound like it at times)

Just my 2 cents.

By the way, I love the albums Eric. The "Songs for Gay Dogs" one just made my day.
Please to come to Raiders Night at the BB, where I will be playing nothing but rock and/or roll, including punk, nothing after 1982 or so.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:47 am

ritchie, of course Kent has the right, no, actually, now, a DUTY to set up his beloved temple of Cheese, and do his thing, because, it's not right for us to tell him he's doing it wrong.

that would be wrong.

we are merely trying to insure his safety as the last phish camp that i know of was dragged off by a DPW back hoe and left on the outskirts of winnemucca to die or be assimilated.

we are your friends..

we dont want that to happen to you.

They EAT hippies on Jungo Rd, and trust me, you can wrap Phish in all the corporate bullshit (like bonnaroo) you want, but they'll smell right thru that crap and fricasee you on a spit.

so, it's out of love for YOU dear kent that we have tried to warn you of the dire consequences of this plan, that is all.

you are NOT the contents of your ipod, and your musical tastes should not be what defines you, or what you hold sacred and unassailable. This is not a personal attack until you make it so.

Fuck with Dean Martin though, and i will kill you dead and have Jimmy Hoffa sit on your face.

:twisted:
Frida Be You & Me

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:50 am

Anyone heard of "Blue Cheer" or "Blood Rock"?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Tin Halo
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Tin Halo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:11 am

Simon of the Playa wrote: Fuck with Dean Martin though, and i will kill you dead and have Jimmy Hoffa sit on your face.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well-said. Agreed.

Which brings to mind... is there a Rat Pack camp?

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:46 am

knowmad wrote:sory to be the first to tell you. Trey Dided, his will gives all rights fo the name Phish to Cryptofish. it's over hippy, deal with it.
*hm. Now I have to think of somethign creative to do with it. Phlying Phish...?*
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:58 am

FIGJAM wrote:Anyone heard of "Blue Cheer" or "Blood Rock"?
Did Bloodrock do "DOA"?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Tin Halo
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Tin Halo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:58 am

or, you could choose to simply not give a phuque.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:00 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:Anyone heard of "Blue Cheer" or "Blood Rock"?
Did Bloodrock do "DOA"?
Yes, yes they did. And so here is something bizarre out of my vinyl collection.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:02 am

Kentalope wrote:Dude, you're just digging in deeper and making yourself look like an even bigger fool than before.
FYI here. Fool is in the eye of the beholder, and there's a solid chance that some people on this thread are applying this statement to you.
The Lady with a Lamprey

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:28 am

Frida Be You & Me

bud buddah

Post by bud buddah » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:45 am

Oonce, Ooonce. Oh baby, is that Ginsberg getting down on the left there!? Dylan throwin down the beats, quite literally. Too sweet! Even beat poets love mindless, warmed over disco beats. There, I said it, it's all just disco music.

Kentalope, I'd love to see a psychedelic camp out there with Phish, dead and all the others. I'm all for it. But don't take yourself too seriously. Everyone on this board loves to bait people. If you come on too earnest they will just post stuff to egg you on. Don't come here for serious discussion. Just mindless distractions.

Bud

DancesWithElves
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Distrikt

and a big thank you to ERIC!

Post by DancesWithElves » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:51 pm

for making me snarf. Those album covers are wonderful!! Gotta collect more of those! - since you inspired me to look around, I found

http://www.allgraphicdesign.com/graphic ... vers-ever/ (some of yours are on here!)
http://www.oddee.com/item_96497.aspx
http://www.topsocialite.com/the-27-most ... -all-time/

...and now, back to the Phishfest already in progress...
She who must be obeyed

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:42 pm

BTW Mike Crain, the Karatist Preacher turns out to be a sexual predator. Another hypocritical, Christ-o-holic nutjob that acted out on his inner demons after stuffing them for who knows how many years. What's even more sickening is that he acted out on his young charges at the church run summer camp for kids.

He's been found guilty and will be sentenced in early November.

zcassidy

Post by zcassidy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Kent,

My advice is to do whatever the hell you want. But man, it only took a bee sting (maybe even a little baby bee sting) and you were ready to defend phish to the death. Are you Phish? I know you like them and all, I like some bands too, but maybe you should think about your connection to the band and your inability to say (or at least think) 'fuck off, I'm doing it anyway' Or, try laughing off someones reproach for a change. I mean, after all thats kind of what this is all about.

Side note to anyone who may know: I'm trying to find the thread about some engineer (possibly German?) who earlier in the year (may, june?) said he wanted to try and make some kind of subterranean power supply this year. Does anyone know what happened to that or can they point me in the right direction? I would like to confirm (unconfirm?) my suspicions...

P.S. Love the album covers and I've never heard a phish song
Be absurd with your goodness

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Frida Be You & Me

Return to “2011 Theme Camps”