no
7%

Total votes: 14

FightingDrag

CAMP CONDOM

Post by FightingDrag » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:18 am

I'm a TOTAL virgin and 2011 will b my first year if I'm lucky,
--- SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN DO IT ---

But condoms are EVERYONE'S right of passage in one way or another.
My friends call me Minuteman cause my first time ended early cause we diddent have rubbers.

Anyhow, you need a location, planned parenthood to give you OODLES of rubbers, and 2 condom costumes for Halloween or whatever that people can wear and rub up against each other as a right of passage.

it will b my first stop if i get out there for sure

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:23 am

you lost yer virginity to yer friends...without protection...

/puke
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

RichieRiot

Post by RichieRiot » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:48 am

I met a guy many years ago who would give out free condoms in his tattoo shop, with a sticker on them advertising his shop. When I asked what his cost was to make them (because I liked the idea), he told me that he contacted a local AIDS information center and they gave him cases of them for free. Because they too like the idea.

I was thinking of doing the same idea for BM. contact places like planned parenthood or AIDS groups for some free condoms to give out as gifts on the Playa.

There are a few gifts that I don't want to bring back from the Playa

Hope this helps.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: CAMP CONDOM

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 am

FightingDrag wrote:I'm a TOTAL virgin and 2011 will b my first year if I'm lucky,
Ah, first lesson. Don't expect someone else to pick up your idea and use it. Making a camp is hard (insert dirty joke here). People wont put in the effort for something they are not passionate about. So, unless they love your idea, it will die stillborn.
However, none of that forbids you from passing out condoms that say "Camp Condom" and explaining that this is a rite of passage. If you do that, remember to include lube--otherwise breakage is very possible. Of course, you'd have to find a way to not pass out the tubes with the tiny, moopy tops. You might want to talk with the Bureau of Erotic Discourse, they would help distribute, I think.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Dustdevil
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Post by Dustdevil » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:28 am

Isn't this what "Safer Sex Camp" already does?

(From the theme camp listings)

Safer Sex Camp
Source of all your playa safer sex needs: condoms, lube, gloves, and plastic wrap for dams. All kits are free, not for sale, not for barter. Look for Outpost Bags. Erotic Fetish Wear from Rubber Inner Tubes (See What When Where) & Women’s Only Liquid Latex Body Painting (Fri. 11:00am – 3:40pm.
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Re: CAMP CONDOM

Post by Trishntek » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:48 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
FightingDrag wrote:I'm a TOTAL virgin and 2011 will b my first year if I'm lucky,
Ah, first lesson. Don't expect someone else to pick up your idea and use it. Making a camp is hard (insert dirty joke here - Is that a tent stake in your pants?). People wont put in the effort for something they are not passionate about. So, unless they love your idea, it will die stillborn.
However, none of that forbids you from passing out condoms that say "Camp Condom" and explaining that this is a rite of passage. If you do that, remember to include lube--otherwise breakage is very possible. Of course, you'd have to find a way to not pass out the tubes with the tiny, moopy tops. You might want to talk with the Bureau of Erotic Discourse, they would help distribute, I think.
We had condoms out for anyone and everyone to take,,,, including female condoms. We started with over 1,000 and after shoving a box into somebody's hand during strike, we brought home 900+. So either the demand is not so great, people bring their own, or we just had dirty rotten sluts who did not care about protection. You make the call.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

Return to “2011 Theme Camps”