Suspended Animation is back for 2011 -- inquire within

Zang

Suspended Animation is back for 2011 -- inquire within

Post by Zang » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Suspended Animation will be returning to Black Rock City, and we have all sorts of kinky mischief planned. This year's theme is spot on for us, so you can expect some breathtaking rites of passage to be crafted.

We are also open to new camp members. A couple of things to consider before jumping on board:
  1. No drama, period. We've not once had an issue with camp drama, but if we did the offending parties would be swiftly required to permanently find some other part of the desert. If this seems harsh, we're not your camp.
  2. We are serious about our fun. We believe that we get to have so much madcap fun because we dispatch with the business of building and running camp first. Everyone builds, everyone strikes, everyone contributes to camp infrastructure and events. That said, everyone also gets several days off during the week, so it's not like you'll be chained to an oar -- or anyway, not a metaphorical oar. Still, we're dead serious about showing up when you say you will, and doing what you say you'll do.
  3. We are primarily Seattle based. We have some crew in the bay area and elsewhere, but because a lot of work goes into our preparations we'll expect folks to either travel in to help out with our major work party, or pick up the slack in BRC.
  4. While not exactly dry, we're also not a party camp. If mind alteration by way of ingestion is a required part of your burn, we're probably not your camp.
Are we really THIS serious about our fun? Yes, we are. It's a mid-sized camp -- maximum 30 people -- so we choose our family with great care.

Interested? Have a look at our web site for more information and drop us a line at info -at- suspendedanimationcrew -dot- com.

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:52 pm

YAY! We missed getting to visit you guys last year.

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:17 pm

We waited in line for 45 minutes one night and gave up. Hope our timing is better this year.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 pm

YAAAY! So glad you'll be back again. Looking forward to it.
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!

Zang

Post by Zang » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:10 am

Trishntek wrote:We waited in line for 45 minutes one night and gave up. Hope our timing is better this year.
Yeah, bondage rides are insanely popular. The secret to getting in the air is this: show up early and be first on the list; or just stop by camp to say hi during our "off" hours and see if someone wants to fly you. Our camp can be a little compound like, but honestly we're happy to have visitors.

Trishntek

Post by Trishntek » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Zang wrote:
Trishntek wrote:We waited in line for 45 minutes one night and gave up. Hope our timing is better this year.
Yeah, bondage rides are insanely popular. The secret to getting in the air is this: show up early and be first on the list; or just stop by camp to say hi during our "off" hours and see if someone wants to fly you. Our camp can be a little compound like, but honestly we're happy to have visitors.
I'm talking about getting in the door! I just appreciate good rope work and wanted to be there for the fetlife getogether.

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:28 am

Trishntek wrote:
Zang wrote:
I'm talking about getting in the door! I just appreciate good rope work and wanted to be there for the fetlife getogether.[/quotes]
Yeah, I wanted to make it for the fetlife get together as well :( didn't make it however. This year...
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!

Trishntek

Post by Trishntek » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Zang,,,,, wondering how you might feel about some kind of collaboration for a Fetlife gathering. We could host a M&G at Retrofrolic while you have the play party/dungeon gathering. It might help mitigate the crowding problem.

I just don't know if you are willing to be associated with your mischievous neighbor. We are not exactly a good example of "dungeon etiquette". Though we do encourage SSC.

Zang

Post by Zang » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Trishntek wrote:I'm talking about getting in the door! I just appreciate good rope work and wanted to be there for the fetlife getogether.
Ah! Right. Well, another good way is to stop by off-hours and volunteer to help out with an event or two, or just around camp. That way you get in through the back door, as it were.

Trishntek

Post by Trishntek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Zang wrote:
Trishntek wrote:I'm talking about getting in the door! I just appreciate good rope work and wanted to be there for the fetlife getogether.
Ah! Right. Well, another good way is to stop by off-hours and volunteer to help out with an event or two, or just around camp. That way you get in through the back door, as it were.
Well if being part of the solution is how ya wanna be,,,,, sheeeesh,,,,

You mean to tell me participation is what this is all about????

and here all this time I figured I could just sit and watch,,,,, sighhhh

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:47 am

these guys were good neighbors last year, oh and thanks for the spin at Seacomp curly...
)'(

Return to “2011 Theme Camps”