Orphan/Endorphin Camp

Packoderm

Orphan/Endorphin Camp

Post by Packoderm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Our vision:

Orphan camp (to support anyone identifying as an "orphan" and Endorphin camp (orphan almunae friends and family who want to camp together - one neighborhood or two - which are supportive of each other and accept that some of our original co-adoptees might decide they are all grown up now and want to leave the pseudo-parental home.) But of course they would be part of our extended network at BRC and would have two places to land when desired! I like how Brooklyn was always looking for a cozy instant crash spot; I can envision a big pile of something that is like a nest in each camp!
Last edited by Packoderm on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Packoderm

Post by Packoderm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:20 pm

More news with sign-ups for new members, link to our page, and other info to come very soon.

I just want to see if I can edit this.
Last edited by Packoderm on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Post by mudpuppy000 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Here's a link to the facebook group. Drop on by if you're interested! :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OrphanEnd ... 6941380776

Packoderm

Post by Packoderm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:53 pm

For those who want to check out the Endorphin Google page, you can view it by clicking on this link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jDO ... y=CIv_6roD

If you would like to join Endorphin Camp, send an private message to mudpuppy000.
Last edited by Packoderm on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vittachitta

Directing traffic

Post by Vittachitta » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi All,
I've posted a link on last year's thread to direct traffic to here.
Peace!
Vitta
looking for friends and experiences that inspire and teach

Professor

Professr is here

Post by Professor » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Hey all you endorphans and new orphans.
All is well in the world I have my ticket in my hand and waiting to load up and head for the gates. :arrow:
So you can reach me best at my gmail account.
As you know I work 2/3's on a dark shift

Packoderm

Post by Packoderm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:58 am

For potential Orphan Camp members: We are a friendly group of people who found each other on the playa in 2010. We formed a pretty cohesive camp collective seemingly out of happenstance, and it was good. We are a small camp, and I think it is safe to say on all of our behalf that we by no means wish to become a mega-camp, but we are certainly open to new members. Last year, we each brought what we would need to survive the week on the playa on our own if need be, but sharing was the theme of it all. We do not set strict schedules for meals and work duty is voluntary, but if I cook it, I will share it with whomever wishes. We are not exactly generator friendly, but nobody will complain if somebody brings a quiet Honda generator to cool a common area dome or anything like that. We’re not looking for those who would bring noisy generators to be able to hide away in an air conditioned RV to watch DVDs or that sort of thing. A little personal message from me is that if you’re not able to bring fancy shmancy stuff to contribute to the camp infrasturcture and whatnot, don’t worry and please do contribute your personal involvement in camp goings-on and your friendship and your fun personality.

Packoderm

Post by Packoderm » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Orphan Camp Flag

HatTrick

Post by HatTrick » Sun May 29, 2011 6:09 am

Hey, your camp flag looks like me in the morning. :) I'm looking for a small tribe that I can enjoy the experience with. Do you have room for one more?

I'm in China, but I'm not Chinese. I've been here almost a year now as a direct result of BM 2009 (my virgin year). I'm coming home to figure out the next step in my journey. I would like to share some laughs, margaritas, shade, etc. with some laid-back folks. I'll be in the Bay Area well before the start of BM and I might be able to help someone who needs a ride. I'm willing to contribute whatever to make it happen.

Hope to hear from ya!
Slam, slam, oh hot damn, what part of party don't you understand? Pink/Warblers

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Sun May 29, 2011 7:21 am

HatTrick wrote:Hey, your camp flag looks like me in the morning. :) I'm looking for a small tribe that I can enjoy the experience with. Do you have room for one more?

I'm in China, but I'm not Chinese. I've been here almost a year now as a direct result of BM 2009 (my virgin year).

Hope to hear from ya!
Hat what's the story ??? How did you land in China? 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

HatTrick

Post by HatTrick » Sun May 29, 2011 9:22 am

The short story is: Early in 2009, I exchanged a couple messages on a chat board with a guy who had attended BM 2008. He said that his BM experience changed his life. I asked him, "how so?" His answer was vague and even though I prodded, the most he would say is that everyone's experience is unique and the change that occured in his life was different than the change that would occur in mine. He told me to go, partake and do so with an open mind. And so, I did.

BM 2009 was a mind-blowing (drug-free) trip. Instead of weeping over what was or being complacient with what is, I learned how to see what could be and I gained the courage to act on it. In other words, I got my wings at BM and I started to fly. That's how I landed in China. :D
Slam, slam, oh hot damn, what part of party don't you understand? Pink/Warblers

Packoderm

Post by Packoderm » Sun May 29, 2011 10:14 am

[quote="HatTrick"]Hey, your camp flag looks like me in the morning. :) I'm looking for a small tribe that I can enjoy the experience with. Do you have room for one more?[/quote]

Yes, we have room. Look at the Google doc and give me an email.
-Zeke

wrektjet

Post by wrektjet » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:15 am

so you know how when you usually spend your sat nights working the overnight and then you have off that one week and you spend all your time planning burning man? yea
go to sleep

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi endorphin/orphans! I posted a request to join on your facebook discussion tab (because I'm a dork and didn't think to post or pm here... :oops: :?

crazyprotein

Post by crazyprotein » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Hello! I've been to Burning Man once in 2010 and wanted to go again ever since I got back from there :) I have my ticket, I am a very good companion, I cook, I don't litter and I am easy to hang out with. I am looking for a camp and looks like Orphan/Endorfin Camp is real fun and it's all nice people. How can I join? I also will need a ride :/ I don't drive, but I am ready to contribute and volunteer! Even looking forward to it.

(I posted exactly the same to Facebook, I am not sure which works better)
You should have bought a squirrel

CammyTheSeeker

Re: Endorphin Camp

Post by CammyTheSeeker » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi all, I'm glad to have found you guys! :)
In Lak'ech Ala K'in.

Camila Mendes
www.camiseekingsophia.com
www.bellatrixphotography.com
twitter @camitheseeker
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility... there are so few of us left." ;P
- Oscar Levant

Packoderm

Re: Endorphin Camp

Post by Packoderm » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:13 pm

We still have room for new members.
-Zeke
(currently Zeke Chaparral)

wrektjet

Re: Orphan/Endorphin Camp

Post by wrektjet » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:22 pm

I hope everyone who came to this thread found the information they needed. I personally havent been checking it as frequently as would be required to help out new memebers but I will start trying to now.

So does anyone need information?
Please check out the Google Document linked to in an earlier post or Find our camp on Facebook. I think if you join the Group you can see various members and post on the wall or in the discussion thread.

jonahman3000

Post by jonahman3000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:57 am

I loveit i loveit i loveit

Just read the google doc and this is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. I'm talking to a dude about another crew that's gonna be going from brooklyn and I think I'll know tonight whether or not I'm going with the "chew my ballz" crew but I've been far more impassioned and inspired reading about orphan camp than any other camp that I looked at. Still have room for one more? I'm mad self-reliant, but extremely community oriented. Love to cook, clean, laugh, love, dance and help when/where help is needed. I plan on flying in to Colorado and finding a ride from there so I'm gonna be doing all my shopping after touching down in Denver around 2 weeks prior to the burn.

crazyprotein

Post by crazyprotein » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:04 am

Hello!

Please add me to Google Doc, I read everything and I am looking forward to joining you all on the Playa.
But I can't edit the document, can anyone grant me access please?

wrektjet

Post by wrektjet » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Good to hear.

If you want access to the Google Doc send a PM to Packoderm with your email address
You can also find us on Facebook.

Feel free to add as much or as little info about yourself as you wish to share.

crazyprotein

Post by crazyprotein » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:23 am

I added myself :)
it's Anjelika from San Francisco

Packoderm

Post by Packoderm » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:13 am

Dear potential Orphan Camp members, I will be unavailable for up to a week. If you wish to inquire about signing up for our camp, please contact mudpuppy000 via private message here on eplaya.
-Zeke

Vittachitta

Post by Vittachitta » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 pm

just tried to post--mugbook is so much easier (practicing not using corporate names ;)

anyway, working on transpo in conjunction with a texas trip; looking forward to reconnecting with my endorphin family and meeting new orphans from everywhere!

(if this posts twice, it's because i, too, am a dork)

yurtgirl

Post by yurtgirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 pm

I posted on Fbook as well but will add myself here, too. Wed like to join y'all.
We are Yurtgirl and Yurtboy ( till we get him a better playa name) from Ohio in our 40s. My email is Yurtgirl (at) me.com
I'm using an iPad so can't edit the google doc coz I don't know how. Dork, I know.
We are driving out to arrive on Monday. I want to make a monkey hut to shade our tent and give us a covered porch. We plan to do our own thing as far as food but not opposed to sharing what we have or just adding it to what others might have. We are low key and love to people watch. But I plan on bringing a few funky outfits so we can strut our stuff now and then. We had always planned to go solo and do our own thing but I came across your camp and thought it was a good place for noobs to get their feet wet without drowning in the excess that BM can be.
I have prepaid postcards and a really cool stamp art to use on it that I'll gift to folks so they can send mail from BRC. We are both good manual labor for what you may need. I'm a nurse so I'll also have a kick ass first aid kit. He is a telephone line repair man in the default world and while that skill isn't that relevant at BRC, he can make a great Bailys and coffee!
Can't wait to meet y'all if you'll have us.
8)
There are 2 dates on your tombstone and all you're friends will read 'em, but the only thing that matters is that little dash between 'em. - Kevin Welch

Vittachitta

Post by Vittachitta » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Awesome to meet y'all Yurt Girl and Yurt Boy (I'll bring my Mongolian names list; I'm sure we can come up with something ;)
Looking forward to meeting Yurt People~
Peace out!--Vitta

Packoderm

Post by Packoderm » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:27 am

Wow, upon consensus from our camp members, we are rapidly approaching as many total members as we dare take on. We can take about 1 more new member. We're looking in particular for somebody with a passenger van or something to that effect who can haul a bunch of orphans out of Sacramento opening night and bring them back the day after the temple burn. Please contact send me an message if you can help in that regard.

Also, there is a rumble about Orphan II Camp starting up. One new member has expressed interest in organizing it. Of course I'll help as best I can to help organize that without my neglecting our own beloved Endorphin Camp. We'll keep you posted about that.
Last edited by Packoderm on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

moeniek

Post by moeniek » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:34 am

Hello Orphans!
This is my boyfriend and I's first time at burning man. We've been looking at possible theme camps to join when I stumbled across yours........and FELL IN LOVE!! As this is our first burn we really wanted to just dig in and emerse ourselves with the experience, but also to be a part of a smaller community. I found your google page and read every last word. Your camp just sounds absolutely, positively amazing. We are both drug/alcohol free but huge on life and openmindedness. I know that space is limited with you guys, but I thought I would check to see if you could fit two virgin burners in somewhere? Please feel free to ask any questions as I'm not really sure how this works :wink:

Cheers ~ Monique (Denver, CO)

mudpuppy000

Post by mudpuppy000 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:22 am

Here's a link to the Orphan II group. Drop on by if you'd like to join up! :) Unfortunately we're pretty maxed out in Orphan camp.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Orphan-II ... 9092206557

BTW I can't seem to send any PM's on here so if I don't reply that's why! :)

mudpuppy000

Post by mudpuppy000 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 am

Ok, looks like orphan II is full also! :o

Return to “2011 Theme Camps”