Didgeridoo massage!

didgeman

Didgeridoo massage!

Post by didgeman » Tue May 31, 2011 10:31 am

Hi friends, I need a camp and some help. Coming from Australia and probably cannot arrive until the 1st day. Will be self sufficient except for food and water. I play the didgeridoo (please look it up...it's easier) and can give wonderful meditative didge massages that will vibrate you to the core of your being! Happy to earn my keep and provide you with a little ancient R & R especially at the end of a hard day! I need music people around me and a mutual willingness to leave the world a better place for being here:)...[email protected]. Not anything in particular, just a traveler.

The didgeridoo also goes well with all forms of music (except jazz...lol!) Particularly cool with dance, trance and off the cuff jamming. Lets play some music!!
Join the dots by all means...but choose your own path!

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Tue May 31, 2011 10:51 am

Is it really true that playing a didgeridoo is the closest thing there is to sucking a tree's dick?

didgeman

Post by didgeman » Tue May 31, 2011 10:57 am

Haha...funny thing is I get that feeling every time I play!

Sensei

Re: Didgeridoo massage!

Post by Sensei » Tue May 31, 2011 11:12 am

didgeman wrote:Will be self sufficient except for food and water.
You *might* have to suck something else if you want someone to provide you with a week's worth of food and water. At least you've got a sense of humor. Good luck.

didgeman

Post by didgeman » Tue May 31, 2011 11:19 am

I can pay and play!...you got me thinking though...maybe all that moisture running over my lips is not just saliva...might be some "sap of life" in there as well!! See you there...if you're there.

graidawg
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Tue May 31, 2011 12:57 pm

you can do jazz didge. you obviously arent trying hard enough.

i seriously cant do didge my lips won't fart, but an ex-friend could all kinds of cool stuff, including jazz so ner ner.

welcome to eplaya, i am sure you just need to either get ride to the playa and usually they will let you stop and buy stuff or, if driving yourself stop and buy stuff en route unless you are coming by tardis, which would be cool
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

delle

Post by delle » Tue May 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Hahahaha.

You may never play your instrument in full innocence again!!! :D

My daughter's pretty good at the didge (how's that for phonetics?). I suck. (I know, I know, I'm supposed to blow....).

I can't for the life of me even begin to figure out how you'd perform the music and a massage at the same time. I'm definitely going to have to look this one up.

Best of luck to you, and see you on the playa.
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue May 31, 2011 6:08 pm

delle wrote:I can't for the life of me even begin to figure out how you'd perform the music and a massage at the same time. I'm definitely going to have to look this one up.
My guess is that the low notes are felt in the body.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

didgeman

Post by didgeman » Tue May 31, 2011 6:36 pm

You put a smile on my face with the thought of massaging with one hand and playing didge with the other...that would be a sight! The "massage" is as our friend points out through music vibration. The didge is played in close proximity to the body (head and shoulders in particular) and more often than not will assist a person into a very deep meditative state. Quite a few other things will also do this but this technique is far less harmful to our poor embattled cells:)

didgeman

Post by didgeman » Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 pm

[quote="graidawg"]you can do jazz didge. you obviously arent trying hard enough.

i seriously cant do didge my lips won't fart, but an ex-friend could all kinds of cool stuff, including jazz so ner ner.

welcome to eplaya, i am sure you just need to either get ride to the playa and usually they will let you stop and buy stuff or, if driving yourself stop and buy stuff en route unless you are coming by tardis, which would be cool[/quote]

I'll give the Jazz a second try :D I'll probably come by bus or bike and will bring as much with me as I can but I doubt it will be enough for the week...water will be the tricky one! Hoping a mixture of cash, work, massaging and luck will come up with something...and yes you're right without the ability to vibrate your lips playing didge is impossible...but have seen some wonderful red faces trying...lol!!

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

I can't for the life of me even begin to figure out how you'd perform the music and a massage at the same time.
They call it a hand job.

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Tue May 31, 2011 7:00 pm

I thought it was what the Doctor did checking a prostate..................
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

didgeman

Post by didgeman » Tue May 31, 2011 7:01 pm

[quote="Isotopia"][quote]I can't for the life of me even begin to figure out how you'd perform the music and a massage at the same time.[/quote]They call it a hand job.[/quote]

Hahaha!! I'll get practicing on that and see if I can come up with something artistically worthy for BM!

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Tue May 31, 2011 10:10 pm

didgeman wrote:Hi friends, I need a camp and some help. Coming from Australia and probably cannot arrive until the 1st day. Will be self sufficient except for food and water. I play the didgeridoo (please look it up...it's easier) and can give wonderful meditative didge massages that will vibrate you to the core of your being! Happy to earn my keep and provide you with a little ancient R & R especially at the end of a hard day! I need music people around me and a mutual willingness to leave the world a better place for being here:)...[email protected]. Not anything in particular, just a traveler.

The didgeridoo also goes well with all forms of music (except jazz...lol!) Particularly cool with dance, trance and off the cuff jamming. Lets play some music!!
We had some didgeridoos in our camp last year. They're supposed to help cure or improve sleep apnea, is there any truth in that didgeman?

I'm thinking about making one with PVC; got any pointers for me?. I saw how to do it on the DIY website.

FYI, You can buy enough food and water for drinking (and bathing) for $100 to $150 if you're on a budget. It's best you handle that yourself for countless reasons.

Keep trying, eventually you'll probably find a music camp. Maybe you ought to also look on the main BM website under the list of camps.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Tue May 31, 2011 10:13 pm

If you haven't, you might check and see if Green Tortoise San Francisco (google it) has any spots left on their Burning Man trips. They provide food and water, you bring the rest (limited amount of stuff, of course).

didgeman

Post by didgeman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:12 am

Savannah wrote:If you haven't, you might check and see if Green Tortoise San Francisco (google it) has any spots left on their Burning Man trips. They provide food and water, you bring the rest (limited amount of stuff, of course).
Thanks savannah I will have a look!

didgeman

Post by didgeman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:48 am

I think I'll camp on my own and set up a space where people can come and experience a didge massage at their leisure and perhaps in a place that offers a little bit of peace and quiet...possible at BM...maybe not...lol?? Thanks for all your advice and hope I bump into you guys & gals...come and have a massage anytime:) xxx

delle

Post by delle » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:56 am

moonrise wrote:
I'm thinking about making one with PVC; got any pointers for me?. I saw how to do it on the DIY website.
I have one here out of PVC. The trick with this one seems to be having used beeswax as the "mouthpiece". Works really well.

Shel Silverstein

didgeman

Post by didgeman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:09 am

delle wrote:
moonrise wrote:
I have one here out of PVC. The trick with this one seems to be having used beeswax as the "mouthpiece". Works really well.
Yep beeswax is great but watch it in the heat of the Playa! The commercial version uses a type of molded rubber end which is again great for traveling...virtually indestructible. They are expensive though considering the materials and simple construction...about $US130-$140! I used to use the end of a vacuum cleaner...worked fine. The Didjeribone does have a flared end for sound effect so would add to the cost I guess...perhaps a funnel could be inserted in the end to give the same effect?

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:54 am

didgeman wrote:Yep beeswax is great but watch it in the heat of the Playa!
Especially if you have a beard.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Its just too easy, i cant do it.

It would be like shooting a baby Seal with a bazooka.

Have a nice burn, Hippy.
Frida Be You & Me

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:Its just too easy, i cant do it.

It would be like shooting a baby Seal with a bazooka.

Have a nice burn, Hippy.
Nice to see you bouncing back SOTP!! hahahaaaa! (I bet you've played one)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

delle

Post by delle » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Played one?

I'd bet he likes to make tie-dyed cozies for them and gift them to the rad players who move him the most.

Sounds just like him to me.

Shel Silverstein

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Im manifesting a nag champa smoothie high colonic right now.
Frida Be You & Me

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:10 am

Ooh! Can I have that when you're finished?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:08 pm

goddamn gift economy....
Frida Be You & Me

Return to “2011 Theme Camps”