Gluten Free Camp?

Relwinth

Gluten Free Camp?

Post by Relwinth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Hey all,

Virgin burner here. Me and my friend from Germany will be be pulling in on Monday and land-grabbing near a theme camp of experienced burner friends. They told us to absorb it all our first year, so that's what we'll be doing (with a bit of help from them of course!).

In any case, wondering if there is a gluten free camp anywhere. I've been GF for about 5 years, and will be bringing a bunch of GF food - possibly even baking some fresh stuff on the playa if the mood strikes (went the RV route for our first burn). Would love to get together to meet other GF burners, and possibly join a GF camp in the future (I make some mean GF cinnamon rolls). Happy to pre-bake some goodies and deliver them. It's always tough when someone offers a brownie and the gluten holds back from the gooey chocolatey goodness... or the bliss that follows. 8) :lol:

I'll try to post some GF signs on the RV. Should be somewhere around 7:30 and D.

Looking forward to seeing you all! STOKED!

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Re: Gluten Free Camp?

Post by C.f.M. » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:09 am

Ausgezeichnet.

There's no official GF camp (well, mine sort of is this year because my campmates are awesome) but there's a lot of us out there. In 2009 Bat Country had coconut ice cream on GF ice cream cones. It was awesome.

I think if you just put a sign or two up - and bring some GF goodness to the Eplaya MnG...you'll def have some takers.

shewee

Post by shewee » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:27 pm

This is my first year, too, and I was hoping to be able to participate in some culinary fun (besides my own)! We should definitely meet up! I think we're planning on camping somewhere around H and 8:30. The camp I'm with is called Debasecamp. You've inspired me to load up on some snacks and make a sign of my own. I'll write down your "address" and try to come over, does your camp have another sign I should be looking for too? There's a registry at center camp where you can put your location and the name of your camp. I'll be sure to put mine in so you can find me!

Do you think maybe we can put together a small event? We could each make/bring some gluten free treats and make an event on the website on a certain day. Maybe near the end of the week once we've gotten a handle on the playa? Friday maybe?

I'm very excited! I knew there was no way I could be totally alone out there, but actually finding a few of you is delightful :)

Relwinth

Post by Relwinth » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:54 am

Hey,

Glad to hear the replies. Good that there are GF folk about. :)

I'm not with an actual camp, so I won't have any specific address until I get there and landgrab (looks like I'll more likely be at 7 or 8 and D). Nevertheless, I will certainly hunt you down at Debasecamp and deliver some GF goodness (and we can chat about whether an event is possible)!

Relwinth

Post by Relwinth » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:59 am

GF cinnamon rolls, carrot bars, date balls, and granola baked and ready for any GF peeps that are looking for a snack. Swing by the GF RV at ~8:00/D from Monday while supplies last. \(^_^)/

yovanni

Post by yovanni » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:26 am

:)

Return to “2011 Theme Camps”