Looking for a camp!

JanDD

Looking for a camp!

Post by JanDD » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi!

I'm a 26 year old Belgian travel writer and photographer, looking for a cool camp to stay at Burning Man and share the costs. I'm looking for a bed or a spot to put a sleeping mat, some shared facilities like a kitchen and a safe place to put my camera away. I'll be doing a writing and photography project about the spirituality of Burning Man. I'm really stoked about it already. If you have a theme camp or art project, I'll be happy to join in on the activities! I can also document the theme camp with good pictures if wanted.
I'm still looking for a ride too. I'll be in San Francisco shortly before Burning Man, but I can meet somewhere else too.

If you have a spot in your camp for one social guy, please let me know!

clerkkent

Re: Looking for a camp!

Post by clerkkent » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:09 pm

So you would need a spot, and a tent w/ sleeping bag? but you have no vehicle to park?

(clarifying what you have and what you need will assist your quest.)
9 burns and counting. Each one gets better.

goddess_M

Post by goddess_M » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:46 am

I, too am looking for a camp. :oops:
We (2 of us) will be flying into Sac, renting a box truck to camp in and driving to BRC. :shock:
We are true B.M. virgins and have decided we would like to experience the ebb and flow of a group and learn the ins and outs via old school burners. :roll:
ANY help would be appreciated. :wink:
A little about us... we are an interracial lesbian couple from Nashville. One of us is into Body Mods and looking to do a suspension. The other is a Mod Virgin. We play with the idea of BDSM and are way open to try new things and learn...lots of learning. :mrgreen:
~M.

OpheliaBliss

Post by OpheliaBliss » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:48 am

Goddess M, If you still haven't found your camp, when you get to the playa and get your book it will list the theme camps. It would probably be too late to join but at least you would know where to find others of similar interest.
best of luck,
Ophelia

Galaxo Magic

Post by Galaxo Magic » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:14 am

"Found one, you have." - Yoda
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Red Tea Camp

Post by dragonpilot » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Just show up! Arrive during the day and set up your camp in the vicinity of a camp that looks like it's got it's shit together with a big shade structure, maybe a kitchen, music...whatever. Most likely they are veteran Burners. Take them chocolate chip cookies. Become their good neighbors.

Established theme camps (especially this late) tend to look exclusively to their own membership for support...folks who are tired and true with demonstrated proven abilities. You don't need to camp with a theme camp...besides, many of them have themes that might not jive with your vibe.

My second year I showed up in mid-week, just happened to setup next to a well organized group, became friends, was invited to share their shade, kitchen, we did potlucks...for the most part the whole place is like that...but, no guarantees. That's part of the whole Burning Man deal...and it may just become a rite of passage for you!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

sunnystar

Post by sunnystar » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Spank the Monkey Bar has room for 2-3 more people here is my original post:

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 88&t=45958

Happy Burn!
Sunny
"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Emerson

goddess_M

Post by goddess_M » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Thanks Sunny for your info.
We would love to camp with you & your posse, but $500 is a wee bit more than we could pay. :cry:
Maybe your openings will not be in vain. :wink:
~M.

Return to “2011 Theme Camps”