Stunting workshops

Stunting workshops

Postby ScottFromPortland » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Some friends and I held impromptu stunting workshops at Center Camp each day around 1:00. I'm very interested in being more organized about this next year. If possible I'd love to be on a schedule somewhere so that people can elect to come work on stunting if they're interested. Any suggestions about how to accomplish this?

I'm a gymnastics instructor and a circus stunting trainer, in addition to my role as a performer in Portland's 8-person group Kazum. I love to work with a wide range of experience, from brand-newbie to professional-level performer.
[img]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=5150508&fbid=431418163532&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=1812404886&id=632978532[/img]
ScottFromPortland

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:57 pm

I think the North Koreans have stunting down to a fine art.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Awesome!

Postby Sunkix4 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:00 am

This sounds like it would be an event in the book I would circle and actually go to!
Sunkix4

Postby mayermar » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 pm

My daughter Lacey being hoisted by some brute.
Love this picture. She plans on trying to find you this year
mayermar

Postby dutchpdx » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:46 am

link to the other thread where we were talking about this, with pictures and a description of myself

[url]http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=38674[/url]

I think I might have actually met lacie, its tough to tell from her pic but she looks familiar to a person I met briefly and did a handstand race against(and lost!)

I hope to do tricks with her this year!
dutchpdx

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:02 am

dutchpdx wrote:link to the other thread where we were talking about this, with pictures and a description of myself

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=38674

I think I might have actually met lacie, its tough to tell from her pic but she looks familiar to a person I met briefly and did a handstand race against(and lost!)

I hope to do tricks with her this year!

dutchpdx- go to your profile and enable "BBCode"- your quotes and tags will work correctly. Not something that happens automatically, sadly.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby moonrise » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:42 am

This is beautiful ScotFromPortland!! :wink:

~)'(~
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

heyyyyyy!!!!

Postby mayermar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Yup, that's me, Lacey :) And, yes, I am the one who handstand raced you :).. I really would love to be tossed all around this year. I'll see you at center camp with my butterfly wings on around 1:00pm! SWEEEEET!

-Lacey Mayer
laceymayer@hotmail.com
or
FB Lace May
mayermar

Postby mayermar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:44 pm

[quote="dutchpdx"]link to the other thread where we were talking about this, with pictures and a description of myself

[url]http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=38674[/url]

I hope to do tricks with her this year![/quote]

Yup, that's me, Lacey :) And, yes, I am the one who handstand raced you :).. I really would love to be tossed all around this year. I'll see you at center camp with my butterfly wings on around 1:00pm! SWEEEEET!

-Lacey Mayer
laceymayer@hotmail.com
or
FB Lace May
mayermar

Return to 2011 Art & Performance