Stages looking for artists

HELLEVATOR

Actors wanted in Hellevator

Post by HELLEVATOR » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:01 am

Solid actors and/or troupes are needed. The Hellevator is looking for spiritual mediums capable of channelling LuciFurr / God for a 2 hour performance/position. The Hellevator is a portal delivering the undead to the afterlife where rights of passage are considered and judgement passed. Are you proficient in evil/angelic/sexy/authoritative/silly/witty banter? You might consider spending your Burn in Hell. www.hellevator2011.com ps...were on facefuck. also looking for bellhops, dia de los muertos characters, art car valets, rabble rousers, and what have nots. soul selling, job interviews, confessions...ask not where the Hellevator will take you, instead ask where will you take the Hellevator?

Reverbia Live

Re: Stages looking for artists

Post by Reverbia Live » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Reverbia is an all Live Music camp at 7:00 and Esplanade. We are a conscious, community based, eco friendly, non hard drug use or alchohol abusive, theme camp, that emphasizes our All Live Music scene...no djing. We host World Bands with Danceable beats, Conscious Rock format, and other forms of Live Music.

If you would like to be involved with our camp via performing music with your band (festival calibur bands only) or with your own music in our daily open mic scene...then contact us at our Reverbia.bman facebook sight or for open mic...come by early in the week to sign up for a day. Want to camp with our mostly Musician population or music support or music biz population...contact us. We have a minimal camping fee that includes many infrastructure amenities. We probably have very limited vehicle space...will know by next week. Tenting should be available.

Please contact Doug at the Reverbia.bman facebook site for more info.

marcusr5
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: SK8 KAMP

Post by marcusr5 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:16 am

Sk8 Kamp, Black Rock City's Skateboard Park Camp, http://www.sk8kamp.com is looking for bands to play music that will help motivate skaters to shred...certainly punk and rock come to mind but we are open to any genre. We're located at 9:00 and Hajj. Send me a message with a link to some of your music if you can play.
Thanks!
Playa Wood

Intellitard

Post by Intellitard » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Forever Endeavor presents Camp Straight 2 The Dome at and I is looking for glitchy bassy creative DJs to play in our dome. Email wysstard@yahoo.com with a demo mix, and please remember, just because we want DJs doesn't mean we'll take anyone. If you play house music or a ton of mainstream hip hop samples, you're not gonna be our thing.

Nvideous

Osiris Video Pyramid looking for Visual Artists/VJ'S

Post by Nvideous » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:00 am

Osiris Video pyramid will be making its debut in grand style this year and we are looking for experienced visual artists/vj's to help fill time slots.
we have an epic lineup of djs, video artists and a 60 foot video pyramid to rock the playa for years to come.if you would like to play on our pyramid send me a message and i will tell you what you need to know from there
thanks for reading-Aaron

linguafranka

Jesus Christ Superstar Singalong Movie w/Live Actors!

Post by linguafranka » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:47 pm

WE STILL NEED ACTORS! Specifically the 2 high priests Annas & Caiaphas, who conspire to have Jesus crucified for political reasons.
Also need general ROMAN GUARDS/CROWD FOLK/LEPERS/OTHER PRIESTS...
the movie will be projected & live cast will acti it out & sing but the soundtrack will be amplified
this is a singalong so audience is encouraged to sign their dusty lungs out too

wanna be part of it? you know you do!!!

when? Wednesday night 10pm (rehearsal Tues evening)

you can live anywhere, i just need a pair who can rehearse together to learn Annas & Caiaphas's parts.
these are some really bad mo fos. Caiaphas is big w/deep voice & Annas is smaller w/alsetto. Annas could be a girl even. (but with a beard)
they wear black capes, gold breast plate, big black turban, black curly beard & mustache. all supplied by you the actor!

please visit here for more info:
www.linguafranka.com

DON'T DELAY - THESE ROLES SHOULD HAVE BEEN FILLED BUT ACTORS KEEP RUNNING INTO OBSTACLES...

thanks, Hosanna!
-Jessica

PS - IF YOU DON'T KNOW, THIS IS NOT A RELIGIOUS SHOW, EVEN IF IT IS A PASSION PLAY

Glittered1
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Twin Freaks

TWIN FREAKS seeks Amazing Talent

Post by Glittered1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Helllllllloooooooo Burner Land! The Rites of Passage are upon us, and this year Twin Freaks bring you Cirque du Freak!

Our Blacklodge Bigtop is located on the 3 o'clock Plaza, adjacent to the Midway of Mayhem.

We are seeking established troupes to make guest appearances. It's an open audition to amaze and impress us with your mindblowing acts!
Fire Dancers, Jugglers, Dancers, Acrobats, Contortionists, Clowns, Freaks and anyone else that's Freaky enough to run off and join our Circus!
Please contact me for more info!
~GlitterBunnyNik

red-room.jpg
red-room.jpg (100.02 KiB) Viewed 5509 times
Twin Freaks- Cirque du Freak
3:00 Plaza
Coffee, Pie, the Midway of Mayhem, Cotton Candy! and FREAKOUTS.

MutantV

Delete please

Post by MutantV » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Delete please
Last edited by MutantV on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HELLEVATOR

Re:

Post by HELLEVATOR » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:35 am

attilio wrote:
The Chinese wrote: We have a 12x24' stage, a sizable Front of house PA, lighting, Visuals, and we also backline the stage with Drum, Bass Amps, Guitar amps etc. get in touch, we would love to have y'all come ROCK the stage....
Whereabouts will this be?
I <3 metal.
Yes...where will this be?

Sepiatronique

Black Rock Boutique seeks teen dj for kids party

Post by Sepiatronique » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Black Rock Boutique is doing grommet, it's third annual kids party in association with Kidsville. We would love to host a teen DJ to spin for the kids and teens. The party is wednesday morning, 11am-1pm.

Contact Sepiatron3000@gmail.com if interested!

Thanks!!!

Cheyenne

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 am

attilio wrote:

The Chinese wrote:We have a 12x24' stage, a sizable Front of house PA, lighting, Visuals, and we also backline the stage with Drum, Bass Amps, Guitar amps etc. get in touch, we would love to have y'all come ROCK the stage....

Whereabouts will this be?
I <3 metal.

Yes...where will this be?
This is our camp - it is located at 3 & Esplanade

Go Tigers!

christhejunglist

Post by christhejunglist » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Glitch hop/dnb/jungle...

NUFF SAID!

Stalk me on FB, SC, YT, and the rest of the introwebz...

http://facebook.com/christhejunglist
http://soundcloud.com/christhejunglist
http://youtube.com/christhejunglist
http://anotha-level.com

Much respect, Would love to rawk it with ya...

~ Chris
- "Crisco" on the Playa
- Taking epic to http://anotha-level.com
- My trike has got more bass than your whole theme camp

MutantV

Re: Burlesque and glo-go dancers

Post by MutantV » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:20 am

Dancers and burlesque performers and such,

We have a stage on the esplanade and on a Mutant Vehicle and we're looking for nighttime glo-go dancers and burlesque dancers who want to perform. We can play your music during your performance and it's gonna be an awesome place to showcase you skillz. Because we're mobile, you can perform more or less where ever you'd like to. We can schedule a time or tell you where to find us and just play it by ear.

Want more details? Hit us up.

Someone who is going to be on the playa Sunday night before the event and wants to perform or just dance for the DMV during our vehicle registration would be greatly appreciated.

We also have slots before and after the burn and have neon costuming and airbrush body and face paint and airbrush temporary tattoos. We also have a bad ass little stage and big backlights and lasers. We can video tape (HD) and photograph (DSLR) your performance for you, but only if you want us to.

Finally, if you have video of your performance (burlesque, tribal belly dance, fire dance) that you'd like us to play on our mobile screen, let us know and we can arrange to get the files. They won't be played anywhere but on the playa.

We already have some performances lined up and get a lot more dancers and such after we arrive, but still have a lot of slots open and would like to make some more arrangements before hand.

Thanks!

markus_vj

Re: Osiris Video Pyramid looking for Visual Artists/VJ'S

Post by markus_vj » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:09 am

Hey Aaron,

I am Markus from Germany - and I am VJ'ing since some years on various event mainly electronic and house music.
I will be at Rites of the passage this year and I like to contribute - so if you still have a free slot you would like to offer me, that would be very much appreciated. Please have a look at some of my work - VJ reels - I put up on vimeo, to make yourself aware of what it would look like: http://www.vimeo.com/user1665833/videos/sort:oldest

Have fun - Cheers, Markus

Banrion

Post by Banrion » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:11 pm

I am an aerial dancer and I would love to perform for burningman. I will be bringing my lyra and silks :-)

here is my demo

If you are interested, I may not get notified on this forum of a response but you can write me at AerialEmpowerment@gmail.com

Thanks
-Banrion

PapaBear2120

Post by PapaBear2120 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:45 pm

Papa Bear here.

We're looking for live bands/groups for RevoFuckinLution. We're a night time pub serving the best in North West micro-brews from dusk till 4am all week long. We're booked Wednesday and Thursday, but have opening for the rest of the week, including Sunday.

This is our fourth year on the Playa and we have a pretty strong following. If you're looking for a nice space to play and a good vibe, shoot me a private message or email me at papabear2120ATgmailDOTcom

I can give you information on our sound system if you're interested.

Cheers,
PB
I'm only an asshole on the Playa. Especially when you give me a megaphone.

Return to “2011 Art & Performance”