BMIR wants your feedback.

Bobzilla
Burning Since: 2003

BMIR wants your feedback.

Post by Bobzilla » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Burning Man Information Radio would like your feedback on how we did this year. Positive and negative feedback are welcome. You can post feedback in this thread but if you would like a response please email your feedback to BMIR@Burningman.com

Please put "2011 Feedback" in the subject line.

Thanks!
Bobzilla
BMIR Station Manager

Mansoon

Re: BMIR wants your feedback.

Post by Mansoon » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:13 am

MAYBE an email later, but I have to say, I LOVE YOU GUYS! Not enough people are listening, IMHO. RANDOM and wonderful. Criticisms, sure, but on the whole... 4-year Burner here

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:30 pm

We always bring a radio with the intention of listening, but never seems to happen.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

hookahdude

Post by hookahdude » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I was unable to spend my week on the playa - so I know that fir myself and at least a dozen or so people who were actively chatting watching the live feed, BMIR was the cherry on the cupcake that made our time in Camp Envy as close to home as possible. Thank you for your efforts - I know there is a group of us who appreciate it immensely!
Hookah Dude
"In war-time the word patriotism means suppression of truth” - Siegfried Sassoon
I AM AN ASSHAT!!!
(Shooting for 2012 with my better half!)

Packoderm

Post by Packoderm » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:29 pm

You guys were great. You were very accommodating of me going right on to the microphone to announce that our camp's kazoo parade was indeed going on as scheduled despite us forgetting to get the kazoos. Kudos to whomever brought us the 60 kazoos. I liked that you guys were totally open to playing a track on one of our camp member's CD. Oh, and you guys even gave us the blank CD for it. Just awesome! You guys are THE spirit of community independent radio.

Here's Mandy Bee:
[youtube][/youtube]

One request, what is the song about water being a good thing, dehydration's not, drink until you piss clear, etc? That song quickly became our camp favorite, and we sang an altered version of it all week.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:53 pm

This was the first year I can say that BMIR didn't suck. I listened while watching the Camp Envy feed and it made one hell of a difference in my experience! Oh and the unofficial Heineken sucks, drink PBR clips were awesome.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

delle

Post by delle » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed BMIR every time we had it on (which was pretty often).

There was but one broadcast that shall remain nameless that was so completely horrendous it actually did a great job in sparking a universal moment of shocked silence followed by a gafaw and giggle-fest from everyone in the vicinity for how wrong it was. It didn't feel right to be laughing at what was clearly not meant to be funny, but hey! They'll never know.

And now, in a different land and time, it's still making me smile.

Just goes to show ya......
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Too bad they don't stay up until Tuesday Midnite... I like hearing their stuff but when I leave they're long gone, wich is sad...

Mutt74

Post by Mutt74 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:52 am

I really enjoy BMIR, especially during the hotter parts of the day when I'm laying low. The spots with "Bummer" interviewed on Monday while waiting in entrance line hell, made my boyfriend and I laugh a lot. I like the interviews with participants the best & I think the diverse combination of music is also great. Good job overall IMHO.

b1alpha

Post by b1alpha » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:56 am

We had a radio on in our camps bar that played the radio only the entire time, I woke up to it went to sleep to it listened as I made drinks mid day. I listened to a lot of the program and it was the best thing at burning man, I loved it so much thank you thank you x a million dont change a thing next year I laughed so hard when you made the comercials go sideways and when you just had people saying daft punk was there and I didnt know they were not, that was a good joke. hey f u. haha

good job!!!! is there a podcast?

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:25 am

Sometimes it was very entertaining and sometimes my attention span was too short, but it did provide at least one magical moment.

We had just gotten on the 5+ hour entry line Monday about 1:30 AM and I tuned it in. We were exahusted and just sat there slack jawed listening to the first song. When it was over my son turned to me and said "did we just listen to a song about a magical penis?" We all broke up laughing and it was a great way to start out the entry wait.

If anyone knows the name of that song it would be appreciated. It sort of sounded like Frank Zappa to me but I was not familiar with it.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

Timezone LaFontaine
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Post by Timezone LaFontaine » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 am

Drawingablank wrote:If anyone knows the name of that song it would be appreciated. It sort of sounded like Frank Zappa to me but I was not familiar with it.
Was it "Detachable Penis" by King MIssile?

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:43 am

Timezone LaFontaine wrote:
Drawingablank wrote:If anyone knows the name of that song it would be appreciated. It sort of sounded like Frank Zappa to me but I was not familiar with it.
Was it "Detachable Penis" by King MIssile?
Nope, that definitely wasn't it. I am familiar with that one as they used to play it on the radio here in defaultia on occasion.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

xaviermacx

Post by xaviermacx » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Don't know how many people heard it, and I can't for the life of me remember what day it was on (probably Wednesday/Thursday), but there was an interview/Q&A session with an anesthesiologist (Andy, I think?) that was HILARIOUS and all around entertaining.

If they keep doing stuff like that, I'll definitely listen every year.

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:10 pm

Driving onto the playa listening to BMIR seals it for me. I AM HOME! And it was great listening to the nice plug and cool shit said about our local regional Rep Doxie being raved about. Made it seem all that more personal.

I could do with more traffic reports during the commute in on Monday and Commute home Sunday. :wink:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:08 pm

I was really happy to have access to BMIR while watching from camp envy this year, and stayed with it throughout the week. Most of the programming I liked, and honestly, a few parts not so much and took a break. I found that I especially enjoyed and felt a part of the event when the familiar ambient sound live from the playa, was part of the mix. Thanks for your work, it's greatly appreciated.

Return to “2011 Art & Performance”