Loking for Artist and finances

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.
bearsnest

Loking for Artist and finances

Post by bearsnest » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:52 pm

Hello Burners we are a small group of Alaskan Artisans looking for people who wish to be involved in our performance art project for 2004BM, we have 6 persons in our group consisting of a wealth of collective experience in theater, movies, set design, costumes, writing, props, and music.

We will be flying and traveling a long way and have most every thing we need including transportation moneys, ticket moneys, an rv (that will be painted to be less of an eye sore) We are seasoned desert campers and are in no way looking for a hand out, however our project involves materials and supplies that is beyond our collective budgets.

We are looking for 1 or 2 like-minded persons who may have finances to spare for a useful project but may not have the talent or abilities to proceed. Our plan would be to build the structure in Alaska out of lightweight materials and ship it south weeks in advance to the event. The project will evolve a great deal of materials (as in cloth) this will be expensive.

As to not spoil our intentions, we will simply say there will be 6 total objects, perhaps 8 if finances are available and the 1 or 2 financers will be directly involved in the final performance piece. We need sponsors and a few more performers. We all have businesses, and live in a small village in Southeast Alaska called Gustavus. Our community is overflowing with talented persons and most of our businesses are tourist based and are only open during the summer months so we have a lot of time on our hands in the long winter months to be creative.

To add legitimacy to this project we will include our web site address and personal phone # for any who may be interested. The project has just started and all we have at this point are some sketches on art paper and the enthusiasm of 4 bright persons. You have to start somewhere right?

· We are also looking for experienced persons in led lighting*

We also would like to consult with a sound persons with experience or knowledge in battery powered sound systems

We will be meeting each Friday night for the entire winter and perfecting our project which requires a structural engineer (one of our group members) the financer would be sent progress reports via email bi-weekly or perhaps once per month. This post could go on forever and this is not my specialty. Here we are... our website is gustavus.com/bearsnest and you can read all the tourist stuff you need to there... if you want more specifics on our project we can be reached at the phone # posted on our website. Bear
Bearsnest.... Be here now!

Flux

Post by Flux » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:36 pm

Hi bearsnest,

I have a couple of suggestions for you, if you're interested.

First, you should consider contacting the Black Rock Arts Foundation (I'm sure there's a link on http://www.burningman.com/) and looking into the possiblity of getting a grant. That's what they're there for!

Second, it would probably be helpful to people to have some idea of the kind of money you're talking about. Nothing specific, obviously, but art projects vary greatly, and I can't tell from your post whether you're talking about $500 or $5,000.

Best of luck with your project!

bearsnest

thank you

Post by bearsnest » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:02 pm

Thanks, I now see I was pretty vague. But we had just come from our first meeting as a group and I thought id throw it out there. We need to do a budget but generally we would hope we could do the project for 1000 to 1500 dollars. We will need lighting. LED and material (cloth) and possibly some structural bungee type light weight fiberglass pole thingies...we will post estimated cost of materials as soon as we have them thanks for the tips bear
Bearsnest.... Be here now!

Return to “2004 Share”