Wedding Band, April in CA

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.
AuldAne

Wedding Band, April in CA

Post by AuldAne » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:14 pm

I'm going to be getting married in April, and we're looking for a band. I'm looking for a more traditional style than usually found at BM, but we thought it would be doubleplus cool if they were a BM related group, even if it be through a degree of separation or two.

My aim stylistically is for a range from big band swing to funk. For the first, Count Basie and Benny Goodman are in our thoughts more than Sinatra, for the second probably more James Brown than Parliament. But of course we're flexible.

It will be located in Felton, CA, about 40 minutes south of San Jose. Anyone know of anything that might remotely fit the bill? I welcome input or insight. Feel free to contact my email, [email protected].
[A man] would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. - Joseph Heller, Catch-22

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:24 pm

May I suggest the band "Chain of fools". The band leader Scott Beale (a fellow burner) is an excellent gutarist and the band on a whole is exceptional.

http://www.thechainoffools.com/home.asp

They have done many weddings both high profile and common and are extreemly proffessional.

Sylvia

Post by Sylvia » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:04 am

And remember, a really good gutarist doesn't have know how to spell.

Return to “2004 Share”