Anyone else NOT having any luck getting a ride?

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.
_tears_

Anyone else NOT having any luck getting a ride?

Post by _tears_ » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:02 pm

So far i havent had any luck getting a ride. I know its still a bit early, but i have lucked out all over the place. I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

Good Luck everyone :!:

--Tears--
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[size=100][color=darkred]
The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
[/color][/size]

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:14 pm

It's still kind of early, no? I would imagine that most rideshare stuff would get organized in the last month or so.

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:31 pm

Tears, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. I'm Pretty positive you will get a ride.

I have a hard time beliving that you won't :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

Ohranje

Post by Ohranje » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:22 am

We are heading up on Saturday - I think - and staying in Reno so we can get in early Sunday. There is a chance we will have room for one more and are departing from SF and the East Bay. Keep in touch and I will know more about what we are doing soon, and can let you know if we can take you up. We are returning on Monday (Labor Day).
Juicy Fruit Jim
The Information Fairy
Fairyland - by Playa Fairies
San Francisco, CA
www.playafairies.com
www.ohranje.com
2004 First Burn

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:33 am

Zephryus wrote:It's still kind of early, no? I would imagine that most rideshare stuff would get organized in the last month or so.
It doesnt seem all that early to me, possibly because i will be leaving soon for 3 weeks, it really breaks up my time.

DVD Burner, I do hope you are right. I am the paranoid type... always worried !
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[/color][/size]

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:36 am

Rivertowncowboy wrote:We are heading up on Saturday - I think - and staying in Reno so we can get in early Sunday. There is a chance we will have room for one more and are departing from SF and the East Bay. Keep in touch and I will know more about what we are doing soon, and can let you know if we can take you up. We are returning on Monday (Labor Day).
aw, thank you, i will be sure to stay in touch!. Those dates sound pretty good, i have been thinking about cutting my time a little shorter this year... having relationship troubles, hopefully they will be cleared up by the event!
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[/color][/size]

burnwithme

No Burner should have to stay home

Post by burnwithme » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:05 pm

I will be traveling on Monday from Stockton and returning on Sunday. If I can be of some help I still have a couple open seats.

elbela

Post by elbela » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:34 pm

You need to post WHEN and FROM WHERE you'll need a ride or you'll never hook anything up. I'm looking for people to ride with me and to hook it up I search with the day of the week i'm arriving and the city. If you don't post this. . .no one will know how to help you. Two years ago, I just decided to rent a car and found two people to ride with me and split the cost instead of depending on someone else. One of the guys was so cool, he actually ended up taking the car back for me to Reno since I had a ride back to LA with some friends. Last year we picked up a quatamalan couple at the grocery store in Reno. . . .it's all part of The Burn. Best of luck. . . .

Badger

Post by Badger » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:35 am

So far i havent had any luck getting a ride.
Maybe they're a bit gun shy about providing a ride to someone underage to an event that requires an adult to assume responsibility/liability for you once they enter the event?

I mean, you've made no secret of the fact.
Desert dogs drink deep.

sapphire

Re: Anyone else NOT having any luck getting a ride?

Post by sapphire » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:54 am

_tears_ wrote:So far i havent had any luck getting a ride. I know its still a bit early, but i have lucked out all over the place. I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

Good Luck everyone :!:

--Tears--

_sapphire_ wrote: hey all - anyone can help out us folks with ride please give some feedback or ideas. i have also had a tough time with rides. does anyone
know of a bus service, etc. anyone want to rent a bus, school bus or rv..anything at this point. we can always meet in sac or sf and drive. theres is plenty of time to get it organized. anyone with room in a vehicle, pony express, magic flying carpet - please reply. :shock:

sapphire

Post by sapphire » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:35 pm

hey all - anyone can help out us folks with ride please give some feedback or ideas. i have also had a tough time with rides. does anyone
know of a bus service, etc. anyone want to rent a bus, school bus or rv..anything at this point. we can always meet in sac or sf and drive. theres is plenty of time to get it organized. anyone with room in a vehicle, pony express, magic flying carpet - please
coming from ny can be there friday need to be on the playa by saturday ...i have a greeter shift [email protected] leave anytime sunday or monday. help please :)
hey all this is my first burning man - a new adventure and new chapter of my life. i look forward to sharing it with all that i meet with a smile on my face.

Return to “2004 Share”