Rebar Sources Needed

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.
Reeve

Rebar Sources Needed

Postby Reeve » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:03 am

Hola...I cant help but wonder where the heck to ya'll get rebar..I know I can go to Home Depot and buy it but its like 6 bucks a piece and we're practically broke after our structure and all the shit we bought for BM...thought rebar wud be cheap ..egads!!! its not...expecially when u need 15 5 ft pieces...

so any feedback on where I can find some for cheap in the SF Bay area please drop me a line!

Cheers

oaktownrocks@hotmail.com
"its piss clear not piss forever!"

bdongray

Re: Rebar Sources Needed

Postby bdongray » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:31 am

Reeve wrote:Hola...I cant help but wonder where the heck to ya'll get rebar..I know I can go to Home Depot and buy it but its like 6 bucks a piece and we're practically broke after our structure and all the shit we bought for BM...thought rebar wud be cheap ..egads!!! its not...expecially when u need 15 5 ft pieces...

Ouch!
In Minneapolis (and Metro area), at Home Depot, rebar is $0.78 for a 2ft piece, and $1.66 for a 4ft piece (plus 6.5% tax).
I'm not sure on 10ft - but it's about $3.
--
Bryan

Interested bystander

Postby Interested bystander » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:50 am

What are you using the rebar for? If you are staking down a tent you don't need a piece 5-feet long. I use two foot pieces of rebar and they are around 50 cents each at the Reno Home Depot.

Reeve

ahhh

Postby Reeve » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:22 am

thanks! ill check around some more.....i need 5 foot pieces cuz we are bending them into 2.5 foot u shape for our structure which is a bit unique..it what our designer calls it a "triad ply structure" each side is made of 8 foot x 4 foot pieces of ply ....3 pieces are attached via hinges... the u shaped rebar will be used to stake down one of the "leaf's" of this 3 sided plywood tower..kinda hard to explain...its definily an odd shaped structure...check it out in Gigsville...
"its piss clear not piss forever!"

Return to “2004 Share”