Burning Man Virgin shirt needs new owner

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.
scarlet_minnow

Burning Man Virgin shirt needs new owner

Postby scarlet_minnow » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:46 am

After 3 years of trying each summer, in 2003 I was finally actually able to attend Burning Man. It was pretty much exactly what I expected, after reading everything I could find and talking to everyone I knew about their experiences... which is to say, I had an awesome time! In fact, I'm already counting the days til 2004.
In any case, one of the costumes I made was a "Burning Man Virgin-- Believe It Or Not" shirt and it was a great converstion piece that helped me meet new friends. Of course, I have no use for it now, being that I am an old hand LOL! I would love to pass it on to another newbie. It's a white tank top with sparkly silver stones and glitter on the front-- pretty form-fitting-- would fit a smaller busted girl best. I'll send it to you free, natch, if you send me your mailing address. It would be so great to see this get passed on year after year to someone new!

Scarlet
Be who you are and say what you feel... for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

-- Dr. Suess

captain mcguiver
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: XaraLustmonkeysPlayaQBatCntryBunyMethLab

Postby captain mcguiver » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:12 am

Lol- I made a shirt this year that said, "I went to Burning Man and all I made was this damn T-shirt". On the back was a picture of the man snoozing away between a set of palm trees in a hammock.

I made it because compared to last year, I did nothing. Vacation Man 2003.

I say wear your shirt next year as a "costume".
Last edited by captain mcguiver on Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Hinkley

Postby Mark Hinkley » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:59 am

In fact, Captain McGuyver's costume was my favorite of the Burn. Not very visually arresting, but something about it "spoke to my heart."

captain mcguiver
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: XaraLustmonkeysPlayaQBatCntryBunyMethLab

Postby captain mcguiver » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:42 am

Mark are you virtually following me around or what?

Give me a phone call dammit- Let's chat!

lol

ak
I mean
CM

trulyscumptious

Just what I need

Postby trulyscumptious » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:11 am

I finally went to Burning Man in 2002 and had the time of my life. After hearing about it for 10yrs. Last year the people that I went with the year before decided to do other vacations instead. ( Lame) so I joined the Lost Penguin tribe for 2003. It was cool being part of a theme camp but not the same as sharing it with someone close.
This year I am planning on taking my 16yr old daughter for her first time. Not only is she very mature emotionally but also a great freelance artist. (Couldn't tell I am a proud mom, could you?).I plan on keeping her with me under watchful eye and showing her around my favourite city. It will be a great chance for us to bond and get to know each other better as we move from the child/parent to daughter/mother relationship.Your shirt would be a great start to her costume collection. What a great introduction to the playa then her first gift coming from another burner other than her mom.
Love, Laughter and Playa dust )"(

yours, trulyscumptious

scarlet_minnow

Postby scarlet_minnow » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:43 pm

Sorry, trulyscrumptious-- I already found a new owner for the shirt! You and your daughter will have a great time! Hope to see you on playa...

Scarlet
Be who you are and say what you feel... for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

-- Dr. Suess

Return to “2004 Share”