AMTRAKathon 2020 is almost here!

The place to discuss unofficial events, meetups, and gatherings around the world.
Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

AMTRAKathon 2020 is almost here!

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:49 pm

All aboard for the one party that is "off the rails"! Be ready to hop on the Snow Party Train from Roseville to Reno to that nether world of bacchanalian excess and debauchery (and let's face it, a certain amount of nudity thrown in; these are burners after all) . Join O.D. Green and Doc Pyro as we take 55 of you hedonists on an adventure you won't soon forget. Unless of course you pass out. While on board you will enjoy "bottomless" champagne and beer, a specially catered lunch (yes, vegetarian options are available), and a room at the recently remodeled Sands Regency in Reno. We will be departing from the Roseville Amtrak station at 11:35 a.m. on Saturday, January 25 2020 and will arrive in Reno at 4:00 p.m. We have both single- and double-occupancy options available. So if excess is your thing and hanging around with burners for, oh I don't know, say 30 hours or so is your idea of a good time, PM me and I'll send along the info, including price and how to pay. A splendid time is guaranteed for all. And don't miss the party beginning at 7:00 p.m. that Saturday night.

Pssst: The password is "pineapple"

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: AMTRAKathon 2020 is almost here!

Post by Ratty » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:44 am

Yay! I love this party. I love the train trip. I even love the bus ride home.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:01 am

hoping to make it! I'd be driving up, though.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:46 am

Yay! Ygmir! It has been way too long since we gathered. This event is historically one of my favorites.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:46 pm

I finally remembered to pay today. Love this trip!
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Erin Bubbles
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow, Feed the Artists

Post by Erin Bubbles » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm

I am moving to Reno this month. I know absolutely noone outside my professional circle beyond the east coast burnerverse. This sounds like my kind of trainwreck! Am I too late to sign up and how do I get to wherever-meadow station for boarding?! More questions may follow! Looking forward to getting tut o know some more like-minded and assorted weirdos who "do shit." See you, soon!

☆Erin

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:55 am

Erin Bubbles wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm
I am moving to Reno this month. I know absolutely noone outside my professional circle beyond the east coast burnerverse. This sounds like my kind of trainwreck! Am I too late to sign up and how do I get to wherever-meadow station for boarding?! More questions may follow! Looking forward to getting tut o know some more like-minded and assorted weirdos who "do shit." See you, soon!

☆Erin
Besides the above mentioned party Reno has lots and lots of burner things to do. Contact the Generator, Art tech (warehouses where Art is made) the Morris and Reno Burners FB page. In May this year Reno will be hosting the global leadership conference, lots of opportunities to volunteer, meet people at this one.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:59 am

Erin Bubbles wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm

☆Erin
For this party unless you’re already in California and want to ride the train into Nevada you can meet the party here at the Sands. Or you could drive to the train station in CA ride the train in with everyone, take the train back to Ca and then drive back home. Most Reno people just meet the party when it gets here and a lot of us get a room at the Sands too.

There is a FB GROUP with the same name, I think you can sign up there or contact Doc Pyro through here
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:43 am

We still have about 30 spaces to fill on the train. If you're in California and just want to go to Reno to enjoy the party, it truly would help out OD, Purple, myself, and others who are financially committed to this event to have you take the train. If you stay somewhere other than the Sands we'll discount your tickets by $30. But unless we come close to selling out, this will sadly be the final year of AMTRAKathon.

Return to “Off-Playa Meetups”