To the Reno Burners...

The place to discuss unofficial events, meetups, and gatherings around the world.
Fat SAM

To the Reno Burners...

Post by Fat SAM » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:44 pm

We're throwing a series of parties this autumn/winter at the Bassment in Reno...It's to raise money for a move to Seattle to to hopefully draw up partial funding for what will be one of the craziest theme camps ever...(SubvERt - but I'll save that for later). Anyway, they're raves, so you kind of have to dig the music...either that or you can just kick it in the outdoors...we usually have a burn barrel and lots of outside socializing.

So yeah, get in touch with me via PM if you're interested and I'll keep you posted. Hit up this thread, too...I'm kind of trying to guage public interest...We've thrown some killer parties in years past, but the rave scene here has taken a major hit recently.

Peace )'(
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Bumpin' Reno

Post by robbidobbs » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:41 am

I got in my head that I may want to move to Reno by August. I'd like to get to know some burners there in the interim, and will probably try to attend Reno events when I know about them. So if you have an event or even a small beer & pretzels card game, lets hear about it.

Sorry Sam for hijacking your thread, but it was either coattail off yours or make another.
I'll be in my blanket fort until further notice.

bdeywoo

Post by bdeywoo » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:50 am

Robbidobbs we'd love to have you as a reno-ite!
Sam def keep us posted, I feel for ya and the scene. I have a small group of people almost always down for a burner event.

Chai Guy

Post by Chai Guy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:00 pm

I live in Carson City, so hit me up!

DancingTofu

Post by DancingTofu » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:50 pm

I just moved to Reno to attend UNR. What's happening around here?

I'm very excited about the move. We're discovering a pretty cool arts and crafts scene... Never Ender and La Bussola and such.

We're also looking for some studio space to do bigger things, since we figured that an acetylene torch in the living room wasn't such a hot idea.

I'd love to hear from any and all of you!
--manda, Daughter of the Cantaloupes

dj_john69
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Apex

Post by dj_john69 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:12 am

Ahhhhh, the good ole Basement !! I love the basement !!

~John

Discosybil

Post by Discosybil » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:40 am

On Reno Announce Rick wrote about the Annual Recompression Party at Skoosh Ink on April 1st.

It's always a fun time.

freakersedge

Post by freakersedge » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:33 am

Raves are fun, especially if ones release is work related, I have lived in Reno for a few years, love the desert life and am looking to get involved in a theme camp. I am free most of the time, since cartography proved to be so lucritive, lets do something, soon,
just your basic hippy

Return to “Off-Playa Meetups”