Mama and baby need place to live: Maui or Oahu!

The place to discuss unofficial events, meetups, and gatherings around the world.
Punky Brewster

Mama and baby need place to live: Maui or Oahu!

Post by Punky Brewster » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:44 am

Hi eplaya,
This posting is for a couple related reasons:

We are new parents (!!) to a beautiful 4 mo. old baby, a future burner, presently on windward Oahu and mama and baby are needing to find a new place to live starting July 1. Mama and baby are keen on finding compatible, aware folks to share the same space with. Here's her ad on craigslist: http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/sha/349840335.html

We are visiting Maui to look at places this weekend through Wed. 6/20 and will be catching the world premier of The Temple Builder, a film about David Best tomorrow night (6/16/07) and would love to connect with burners on Maui. Maui is mama's first choice, yet we're kind of doing this blind: we only vaguely know a couple people on Maui, and have no where to stay as of yet. If you can put us up for a few nights while we look, mahalo!! Gotta car we could borrow? (Hey, it can't hurt to ask!)

So, we are looking to connect in a couple ways. It's sad that there are so few burners on Oahu, or at least we haven't met any yet. She is still open to staying on Oahu, yet seems to have her heart and baby's health pointing toward the Haiku/Paia side of Maui.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Mahalo and Aloha!!

510-295-3790 cell
Music is the best!

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:22 am

Have you been to Hawaii before?

Punky Brewster

yes,

Post by Punky Brewster » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:47 pm

I've been to Hawaii before.
We are currently on Oahu.
Music is the best!

robotland

Post by robotland » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:59 am

There used to be quite a healthy Burner community based on Oahu...I used to subscribe to their regular email list just so I could pretend that I lived there. Check the Regionals lists.
I'd be shocked if you couldn't find Burners in Paia, the "Hawaiian Haight".....
Howdy From Kalamazoo

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:42 am

Yeah I just remember plenty of mainlanders who "want to move to the islands" without ever having been there or considering how to make a living.

robotland

Post by robotland » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:11 am

I'd probably take jobs there that I wouldn't take here (Michigan)...But after having visited there twice, I'm not sure I'd REALLY want to live there. I'd visit, though. In a heartbeat. Never did get to see Kilauea....
Howdy From Kalamazoo

Return to “Off-Playa Meetups”